Sled
  • Sled
  • Enthusiast Topic Starter
12 years ago
I'm close to pulling the trigger on a humidor. I'm looking for input on those of you who have large humidors and what you use for humidification.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
g o o g le

HF Beads

I use 65% beads
jespear
12 years ago

g o o g le

HF Beads

I use 65% beads

ZRX1200 wrote:



ThreadJack ON

Jamie,
How do you hydrate your HF beads ?
Squirt them with a syringe ?
Mist them with a spray bottle ?
Put them in a humidor with a bowl of DI water and let them absorb the moisture over a few days ?
Just curious, as my HF 65% beads were delivered yesterday and I want to get them hydrated properly.

Thanks.

jes

ThreadJack OFF
kombat96
12 years ago
Get about 7 pounds of HF beads, set it and forget it.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
I use a syringe.
kombat96
12 years ago

I use a syringe.

ZRX1200 wrote:


******..I mean addict lol
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Entral syringe not needle dink.
dharbolt
12 years ago
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
I have a Hydra LG Commercial Series humidifier in the bottom of muh muh muh my Verona. However----- I don't currently have it plugged in. It has a large green foam thing in it and I soaked it with distilled water in the normal manner and plugged it in when it arrived out here at my new address. The thing is... I set it for 65% humidity at first, but it would never go below about 74% according to the digital readout of that humidifier. Don't know why? So I set it down to 60%. Didn't make much difference. So I just unplugged it and let it sit there. I may plug it in again before long and see what happens. I had also purchased an extension fan that plugs into the side of the LG, thinking it would help push the humidity out of the bottom and into the top. I don't think I gave that enough time to work out before I unplugged the whole thing.

I also have a couple of small bowls a little smaller than my fist in the top two shelves. I have 65% beads in those.

Now, over all, the humidity hovers around 66 to 68%. If the beads turn solid white and the humidity drops down to, say, 64% or so, then I'll just pull the two bowls out and pour some distilled water directly into them... just enough to see a wet spot on top about the size of a half dollar (...if you can remember what those look like.) ;-)

😎
05busa
12 years ago
Bucket of water and a fan
wallyguitar
12 years ago
I just put all my stogies in the freezer and microwave them for 10-15 seconds when I'm ready to smoke.
triodes
12 years ago
While I do not have a large humidor, I have read that many of the larger ones use active humidification.

If they use beads, they are used mainly as a buffer.
tonygraz
12 years ago

I just put all my stogies in the freezer and microwave them for 10-15 seconds when I'm ready to smoke.

wallyguitar wrote:



It works to soften ice cream too. Do you go with cello on or cello off ?
deadeyedick
12 years ago
I use a Moist-n-Air in the bottom of my 3000 count and have 3 lbs of 65% beads scattered throughout the shelves.

For my smaller 1500 count I keep large saturated green foams (changed often) scattered and 3 lbs of 65% beads. I use this same set up in smaller 300 count and coolers and all hold RH well.

DED
wallyguitar
12 years ago

Do you go with cello on or cello off ?

tonygraz wrote:



Cello on, the built-up frozen condensation helps get them nice and mushy.
reckless
12 years ago

Cello on, the built-up frozen condensation helps get them nice and mushy.

wallyguitar wrote:


Freezer burned gars???? Where do I sign up?
bajabound
12 years ago
The hydros don't work for taking humidity away. I use beads and have spliced three computer cooling fans to a phone charger which circulates the air
knokmdwn
12 years ago

I use a Moist-n-Air in the bottom of my 3000 count and have 3 lbs of 65% beads scattered throughout the shelves.

For my smaller 1500 count I keep large saturated green foams (changed often) scattered and 3 lbs of 65% beads. I use this same set up in smaller 300 count and coolers and all hold RH well.

DED

deadeyedick wrote:




In my 4000 count, I do almost exactly what Rick does, Moist-n-Aire with 65% bead buffer. Mine sits right around 62 most of the time.



bs_ , the reason your's goes to 74% is because that's what the distilled water on the green block gives off normally. Remove the green block and replace with 65% beads in a nylon stocking material. Then saturate the beads with distilled H2O to the point that they are not quite slushy. Set your system to 65% and you will be good. The fan will only run a little at that point.
Bass man
12 years ago
Personally in my wineadors I run computer fans on a timer too really get the humidity mixed up well and even along the levels...I run beads on top and boveda on the bottom. I preffer my rh at 65-67 and for the most part it's always spot on
Users browsing this topic