Burner02
12 years ago
Won an auction on a couple of the Shuriken's for $7 ea a couple of weeks ago.

Have to give a 👍 on the performance.
reckless
12 years ago
They look interesting. How are they with cigars with a ton of tar build up?
Burner02
12 years ago

They look interesting. How are they with cigars with a ton of tar build up?

reckless wrote:





Had no problems so far with tar build up.

A couple of cigars were a little tight on the draw initially, but this did not last long.
illinichaser
12 years ago
It gets said every time these get brought up, so I will be the first. .


No matter how curious you are, don't stick your finger down inside to "test" the sharpness. They are sharp.
reckless
12 years ago

It gets said every time these get brought up, so I will be the first. .


No matter how curious you are, don't stick your finger down inside to "test" the sharpness. They are sharp.

illinichaser wrote:


ROFL

I just got my v-cut and i am enjoying that..... I just wonder how these things are
Burner02
12 years ago

It gets said every time these get brought up, so I will be the first. .


No matter how curious you are, don't stick your finger down inside to "test" the sharpness. They are sharp.

illinichaser wrote:






Me thinks that not a good idea!
illinichaser
12 years ago
I've seen pretty mixed reviews. Do a search, quite a few threads will pop up.

I don't own one, seems gimmicky to me, and I love my xicar cutter, so why mess with perfection. But some have claimed to enjoy it.

When I was younger it was always a v-cut, but now I just do a straight cut. Might need to try v-cut again one of these days.

TheSmokensip
12 years ago
Real men don't need cutters we just bite the end off.
dharbolt
12 years ago
DrafterX
12 years ago
somebody gave me one but I've never used it... might have to try it later.. does it work better with large or small gage..?? 🤔
Plowboy221
12 years ago
I hate mine, I'd rather punch anyway.
Burner02
12 years ago

somebody gave me one but I've never used it... might have to try it later.. does it work better with large or small gage..?? 🤔

DrafterX wrote:




Only used on 42 - 50 ring size so far, but like the results.
tonygraz
12 years ago
I heard that they dull pretty quickly. I punch or use a cheap cutter when appropriate. Don't care for the V-cutter either.
itsawaldo
12 years ago
Shuriken, don't have one but I think it has merit.
When faced with no cutter I have used a variety of knives to X the cap. Usually with no disappointment.
As to V it's my preferred cutter on anything but torps. Less chance of unraveling and such, don't have to put too much thought into it, insert and slide the Xiker, I don't find a taste difference.
Just enjoy them regardless of what us azzhats say!
Burner02
12 years ago
[quote=itsawaldo]Just enjoy them regardless of what us azzhats say![/quote]


Would concur with this statement.
99cobra2881
12 years ago
I concur with the concurity
Buckwheat
12 years ago

Real men don't need cutters we just bite the end off.

TheSmokensip wrote:



Then real men are not very bright. [ram27bat]
Burner02
12 years ago

I concur with the concurity

99cobra2881 wrote:





I hate you if you have a Cobra!
99cobra2881
12 years ago
It's good to be hated.
tonygraz
12 years ago
At least it gets one noticed.
Users browsing this topic