robertsccr5
12 years ago
Ramon Bueso Odyssey Robusto.

It's a chill 39*, I'm on the porch, kids are sleeping in, life couldn't be better.

Oh ya, the cigar...It is mild-med creamy, sweet. The blend must have similar leaf to Genesis because I always get this wonderful nutmeg flavor. I'm about an inch in and a light pepper is picking up on the finish.

For what these cost here, it's a steal.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1659590/Ramon-Bueso-Odyssey-Churchill-Box-of-20/ 

^This was an insane deal.




....as you were.
kombat96
12 years ago
Wrong one newb, ur supposed to get "the project".


Dink
robertsccr5
12 years ago

Wrong one newb, ur supposed to get "the project".


Dink

kombat96 wrote:



You're slipping old man... I suppose you missed my post a few days ago where I scored a box of Genesis robs for $46 or $52 shipped (for you slow thinkers).

I'm down to a few robs and some toros left...this was my replenishment order.
05busa
12 years ago
Hehe.....u tell him
JadeRose
12 years ago

Ramon Bueso Odyssey Robusto.

It's a chill 39*, I'm on the porch, kids are sleeping in, life couldn't be better.

Oh ya, the cigar...It is mild-med creamy, sweet. The blend must have similar leaf to Genesis because I always get this wonderful nutmeg flavor. I'm about an inch in and a light pepper is picking up on the finish.

For what these cost here, it's a steal.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1659590/Ramon-Bueso-Odyssey-Churchill-Box-of-20/ 

^This was an insane deal.




....as you were.

robertsccr5 wrote:






And you just drove up the price.....Noobs.....[-( 🤐 🤐 🤐
09ChallengerDad
12 years ago

Ramon Bueso Odyssey Robusto.

It's a chill 39*, I'm on the porch, kids are sleeping in, life couldn't be better.

Oh ya, the cigar...It is mild-med creamy, sweet. The blend must have similar leaf to Genesis because I always get this wonderful nutmeg flavor. I'm about an inch in and a light pepper is picking up on the finish.

For what these cost here, it's a steal.

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/1659590/Ramon-Bueso-Odyssey-Churchill-Box-of-20/ 

^This was an insane deal.




....as you were.

robertsccr5 wrote:


I agree completely, Bud!
I tried the Project Genesis first. I like maduros, and it's a fine cigar, but not as "complete" as the Odyssey.
And yes, the Robusto is an excellent size and balance for this blend.
I'll put this stick very close to the MOW Virtue as my preferred Connecticut wrapped bargain cigar.
Nice review!
👍

And you just drove up the price.....Noobs.....[-( 🤐 🤐 🤐

JadeRose wrote:


Price is driven by demand, not reviews.
And a forum is only as good as what the members put into / take away from it.
JadeRose
12 years ago

I agree completely, Bud!
I tried the Project Genesis first. I like maduros, and it's a fine cigar, but not as "complete" as the Odyssey.
And yes, the Robusto is an excellent size and balance for this blend.
I'll put this stick very close to the MOW Virtue as my preferred Connecticut wrapped bargain cigar.
Nice review!
👍


Price is driven by demand, not reviews.
And a forum is only as good as what the members put into / take away from it.

09ChallengerDad wrote:






Ok...I'm sure you know best. Afterall...you've been here for 4 months.
robertsccr5
12 years ago

And you just drove up the price.....Noobs.....[-( 🤐 🤐 🤐

JadeRose wrote:


lol I got mine already...
09ChallengerDad
12 years ago

Ok...I'm sure you know best. Afterall...you've been here for 4 months.

JadeRose wrote:


Sorry. I didn't realize being a member here for a long time trumped education and life experience when it comes to economics.
I've obviously wasted a lot of my life and tuition money for nothing. 🤦
PorknBeans
12 years ago

Sorry. I didn't realize being a member here for a long time trumped education and life experience when it comes to economics.
I've obviously wasted a lot of my life and tuition money for nothing. 🤦

09ChallengerDad wrote:


it does you have good day
illinichaser
12 years ago

Sorry. I didn't realize being a member here for a long time trumped education and life experience when it comes to economics.
I've obviously wasted a lot of my life and tuition money for nothing. 🤦

09ChallengerDad wrote:




No it doesn't, but it adds experience that can be combined with your long time education and life experience. . .

If you were here longer you'd recognize there is a reason all the fog's don't start a lot of threads about good cigars that can be purchased here at reduced prices.

There are many who read these posts, but don't post/contribute on the forum. They see the great review from a poster and think, now here's a bargain to bid on. Creating a new demand for the cigar(this forum is the best advertising cigarbid could possibly have at times). New demand, finite supply = increased prices (but I'm sure you already new that. . . 🤦 )

Ok, rant over, off my soap box.

Go back to discussing the cigar, which is perfectly fine to do here, and they are great value cigars.









damn, can't believe I had to defend Jade#-o 🤦 [frypan] [frypan]
09ChallengerDad
12 years ago

No it doesn't, but it adds experience that can be combined with your long time education and life experience. . .

If you were here longer you'd recognize there is a reason all the fog's don't start a lot of threads about good cigars that can be purchased here at reduced prices.

There are many who read these posts, but don't post/contribute on the forum. They see the great review from a poster and think, now here's a bargain to bid on. Creating a new demand for the cigar(this forum is the best advertising cigarbid could possibly have at times). New demand, finite supply = increased prices (but I'm sure you already new that. . . 🤦 )

Ok, rant over, off my soap box.

Go back to discussing the cigar, which is perfectly fine to do here, and they are great value cigars.









damn, can't believe I had to defend Jade#-o 🤦 [frypan] [frypan]

illinichaser wrote:


That makes perfect sense. 🤦
I don't need to be here a long time to realize there are selfish "vets" that value saving themselves a few pennies much more than sharing good information with others - especially noobs, who are looking for a vet's input to get them started in this hobby without being left to waste time and money of their own.
I'm not a kid, and I've been on other forums (I moderate one in fact) where noobs are taken under the wing of an "older" member and given advice on what to get and what to avoid - IN the forum, not in PMs or secrecy. That builds the comeraderie and integrity of the forum. It makes it a positive place to be. It draws more members - that stick around because of what the forum has to offer, not where you fit in or how much b@llbusting you can take/dish out.
Apparently, some of the members of this forum would prefer it to NOT be conducive to the sharing of knowledge and helping of new members (the future of this hobby/industry). It's bad enough the places we can smoke are being taken away by the tree-huggers without being driven away by "our own kind".
I've read flames on members/noobs that were "mooches" because they didn't PIB when given something. There will always be people like that and time weeds them out. But maybe they were driven out quickly because it seems very few older members want to PIF unless it's for an established and accepted veteran b@llbu$ter in this forum.
Yes, it's a great idea to come in here and bust each others b@ll$ but not share info on a great deal on a good cigar. I gotcha. It IS, after all, a public cigar forum - for now. Maybe, with a little more effort, you can make it the private good-ole-boys club that you intend it to be.
triodes
12 years ago
[Popcorn]I tried them, didn't do much for me.

I dunno when it came out, but the Little Devil would take most underated to me.
illinichaser
12 years ago
Yep, you got me. I hate all noobs...





🇨🇮
illinichaser
12 years ago
you know, I was gonna let your rant go. And I probably should have. . .



Buuuuttttt, you see you made the smart azz comment about your "long term education and life experience" and the relative effects of supply/demand on the price of a cigar. You implied you saw no way that a post here would effect the price. I merely took the opportunity to explain why Jade made his comment. And a few cents? No try essentially doubling the price of a good bargain cigar for the next 3-4 weeks at least. But, hey you tell me how it is great on other forums. As this is a public forum, you are free to stay, or go as you please. I really don't give a chit! I've tried other forums, but I like the people here, who I have taken the time to get to know. Sure some guys can be a real azz, but that is the same on every forum(whether or not you care to admit it.)

Come to think of it, nothing makes this place like some new azzhole coming in and telling us how great it is in other forums. I mean that must be why you are searching down new forums, right??

I belong to other cigar forums, and some are more informative, have better trades, but yet I still come to this one first every time. And for the record, I am anything but a member of the "good ole boys" network here.


Yep. should have kept my mouth shut. You enjoy your time here, or leave. I will still be posting and trying to help out fellow BOTL, and pointing out when the new guys are putting on daddy's pants again tomorrow and the next day.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
^ good ol' boy!
Chuck N
12 years ago
More and more I find myself visiting other forums other than this one.
Too many asses on this forum.
Im taking a breather for a while from this site, cant handle all the personal attacks.

Peace out
Whistlebritches
12 years ago
Ya know I don't see this post driving up the price on THIS cigar.I've tried both mentioned......they're pedestrian at best.

On that note.......if you think these were the most underrated cigars of 2013 you really need to broaden your horizons.


Ron
stinger88
12 years ago
Man, there is a lot of drama going on right now. Time to sit back and smoke a nice cigar with no internet within reach.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
CHUCK N


YO MAMMA DRESSES YOU FUNNY AND YOUR SISTER DRIVES A PICKLE WAGON!
Users browsing this topic