TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

Question would you trust a site that puts something out for auction only to tell you after the sale that they do not have the item and is now on back order. Ebay and other such auction sites would not be in bushiness if this were the case.

MDM1058 wrote:




I've explained it more times than Drafter has looked for CROS -

Other auction sites aren't retail sites with auction prices. We're not sitting her with a few boxes from our own personal humidors posting product one item at a time. Our humidor is approximately 370,000 cubic feet of space, 2 1/2 stories high with product floor to ceiling. If you include the area where we store product that doesn't need humidification, where humidors, pipes, shirts, etc is kept, the storage area is nearly doubled. At any given time we have about 25 million cigars in our humidor. That's a lot of product to keep track of but we actually do a pretty good job of it.

Each time we list a lot on this site, inventory is hidden from view. It remains on the shelves, of course, but its not visible to anyone who might be looking for it in our database. We ship on average 10,000 packages each day, 6 days a week. Now, lets say someone orders a sampler but the person picking the product picks the wrong item. The person who puts it in the box sees that both the one on the invoice and the one going into the box have 20 cigars so they don't look much further. Whooops! out goes the wrong sampler. And lets say that happens 10x each day. Now our inventory is off - more on one item, less on another.

So, we list a sampler on CBid. Inventory says we have 10 in stock but in reality there's only 8 because of those picking errors. And a backorder is born!

We've done what we can based on the technology of it, but there's always the human factor and that's what tricks us up each time.

As for 'bait and switch' - I don't see how that applies here when we often offer a larger size, a higher quantity, a better sampler, etc. than what was won. We do our best to accommodate the inconvenience our customers feel when an error like this happens and we're constantly working to make the process better. In the case of this particular sampler, its tough to come up with a substitute because of the components of it. I'll have one of the supervisors contact you with some suggestions for a substitution that might work for you.

Any questions, email or inbox me.

DrafterX
12 years ago
poor CROS... 😞
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago
Looking into your order MDM1050, the scenario I discribed is exactly what happened. It appeared the product was on the shelf but when the picker went to find it, they found none. This is why you were charged and then refunded the cost of the sampler.

reckless
12 years ago

I've explained it more times than Drafter has looked for CROS -

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:



X you still lookin for CROS???? I thought you gave up on that 😰
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago

I've explained it more times than Drafter has looked for CROS -

Other auction sites aren't retail sites with auction prices. We're not sitting her with a few boxes from our own personal humidors posting product one item at a time. Our humidor is approximately 370,000 cubic feet of space, 2 1/2 stories high with product floor to ceiling. If you include the area where we store product that doesn't need humidification, where humidors, pipes, shirts, etc is kept, the storage area is nearly doubled. At any given time we have about 25 million cigars in our humidor. That's a lot of product to keep track of but we actually do a pretty good job of it.

Each time we list a lot on this site, inventory is hidden from view. It remains on the shelves, of course, but its not visible to anyone who might be looking for it in our database. We ship on average 10,000 packages each day, 6 days a week. Now, lets say someone orders a sampler but the person picking the product picks the wrong item. The person who puts it in the box sees that both the one on the invoice and the one going into the box have 20 cigars so they don't look much further. Whooops! out goes the wrong sampler. And lets say that happens 10x each day. Now our inventory is off - more on one item, less on another.

So, we list a sampler on CBid. Inventory says we have 10 in stock but in reality there's only 8 because of those picking errors. And a backorder is born!

We've done what we can based on the technology of it, but there's always the human factor and that's what tricks us up each time.

As for 'bait and switch' - I don't see how that applies here when we often offer a larger size, a higher quantity, a better sampler, etc. than what was won. We do our best to accommodate the inconvenience our customers feel when an error like this happens and we're constantly working to make the process better. In the case of this particular sampler, its tough to come up with a substitute because of the components of it. I'll have one of the supervisors contact you with some suggestions for a substitution that might work for you.

Any questions, email or inbox me.

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:



You guys are doing a great job. I had an ecommerce store for 5 years.
Our 6000sqft. Facility was hard enough to keep track of inventory. Could imagine a facility like yours to keep track of.
We used infopia for inventory management. And sold on multiple sites.
Even with a state of the art program we still had issues, wrong items picked, and shipped.
It happens. It would take 10 employees 2 days to do inventory. Which totally kills morale. Nobody likes to do inventory
I myself is having a problem with cigars I didn't receive a five pack of my fathers but I'm not fretting I know y'all will make good I hadn't even called and asked.
Y'all just keep on doing what you doing.
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

Hey guys thanks for the input, but I'm not another cigar competitor, and not trying to stir things up, I just had a simple question. Did call and was told they would refund my order just thought it strange that a site would sell something that they did not have and just wanted to know if any one else had experienced this. Have gotten several orders over the last three years and only had one order damaged. I will call to see if they will send this order to me when it comes off back order.

MDM1058 wrote:




Looking into your order MDM1050, the scenario I discribed is exactly what happened. It appeared the product was on the shelf but when the picker went to find it, they found none. This is why you were charged and then refunded the cost of the sampler.

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:




MDM1058 - did you get a voicemail from DaMarie? She's worked some magic that I think you'll be happy with. Let us know if this is resolved to your satisfaction...
denali7432
12 years ago
damn i like magic..what a man gotta do to have a female do some magic for him..lol
DrafterX
12 years ago
DaMarie is a witch..?? 😕
12 years ago
A nice witch 😎 lol. We spoke this morning and I took care of it.
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

DaMarie is a witch..?? 😕

DrafterX wrote:




You may have misspelled that Drafter. 🙂 [sarcasm]

Nothing but love for DaMarie. I depend on her A LOT!
DrafterX
12 years ago
victor809
12 years ago

DaMarie is a witch..?? 😕

DrafterX wrote:



Does she weigh the same as a duck?
DrafterX
12 years ago
that's what I heard... 😟
victor809
12 years ago

that's what I heard... 😟

DrafterX wrote:



We should burn her then....
DrafterX
12 years ago
I dunno man... sounds like Trish kinda needs her... 🤔
victor809
12 years ago

I dunno man... sounds like Trish kinda needs her... 🤔

DrafterX wrote:



Is Trish a witch?
DrafterX
12 years ago

Is Trish a witch?

victor809 wrote:




I dunno.. does she weight the same as a duck..?? 😕
victor809
12 years ago

I dunno.. does she weight the same as a duck..?? 😕

DrafterX wrote:



Probably....
MDM1058
12 years ago

MDM1058 - did you get a voicemail from DaMarie? She's worked some magic that I think you'll be happy with. Let us know if this is resolved to your satisfaction...

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:


Thanks Trish, They can say what they want to but DaMarie is no witch, she did works magic.
Users browsing this topic