chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Ok just picked up a couple corn cobs. What blends do you really enjoy?
Thanks
Chazbo
DD1700
12 years ago
Asking a question like that could coast you a mailbox!!!
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Long answer there chazbo...


To be fair I believe you should try a good english/oriental blend (latakia) a Virginia blend (VaPur/VaBur) and *shiver* a aromatic.

I would smoke all three in the same pipe though, you'll get "ghost" flavors.

If you want I can send you a non-porch destroying sampler of the three.
BuckyB93
12 years ago
I haven't smoked a lot of different blends but Cornell & Diehl Mississippi Mud and Cornell & Diehl Kajun Kake are two of my favorites so far
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
I also have a cheapo briar pipe, tool and baccy on the way to me as well, so I was going to ask the same question.
hambone71
12 years ago

I haven't smoked a lot of different blends but Cornell & Diehl Mississippi Mud and Cornell & Diehl Kajun Kake are two of my favorites so far

BuckyB93 wrote:



+1 for the Mississippi Mud. Its in my pipe right now.
whtwtrman79
12 years ago
Trying a few samples in each of the different styles English, Virginias etc is the best way to start, and do you have a decent cob such as miss meerschaum or a drugstore knockoff?
Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago
PNV as a new acronym?

Pipe N00b Violence?

[ram27bat]
frankj1
12 years ago

Ok just picked up a couple corn cobs. What blends do you really enjoy?
Thanks
Chazbo

chazbo wrote:


watch out for ZRX, whtwtrman, and whistlebritches! do not say yes to offers of "samplers". I can not be more clear.

Whistlebritches
12 years ago

Ok just picked up a couple corn cobs. What blends do you really enjoy?
Thanks
Chazbo

chazbo wrote:




PM me your snailer and I'll see what I can do about putting together a small sampler.


Ron
Ilovetosmoke68
12 years ago
What Da...... ^

Be very careful here, this could be a trick.
Mr Roso
12 years ago
Try as many different blends as you can so you can decide what best suits your taste buds. And don't listen to the snobs, there are some good aromatics out there.
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Ron I got this.

Frank, chazbo and I have traded before. Yours was a welcoming by me that's a little different. We agreed to a ROAK of a few small samples.
chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Yes I picked up an assortment of Missouri Meerschaum pipes to try out.
Thanks ZRX1200
Chazbo
Ron thanks for the offer bro.
frankj1
12 years ago

Ron I got this.

Frank, chazbo and I have traded before. Yours was a welcoming by me that's a little different. We agreed to a ROAK of a few small samples.

ZRX1200 wrote:


OK, Jamie. I just hate to see anyone get hurt!
tonygraz
12 years ago

Try as many different blends as you can so you can decide what best suits your taste buds. And don't listen to the snobs, there are some good aromatics out there.

Mr Roso wrote:



+1

I smoked a great array of tobacco in the first dozen years of pipe smoking and I've always gone back to Black Cavendish for my standard. 35 years after starting to smoke the pipe regularly, I'm still smoking black cavendish, tho I spend much more time smoking cigars in the last several years. I've burned out many a corn cob and even a hickory and now nearly always smoke briars and my pipe brand of choice is the EA Carey, with the magic inch (it really reduces bite and moisture).
BuckyB93
12 years ago
A few others that seem to fit into my likes:

Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake (Perique & Virginia blend)
Hearth & Home Freight Train (Burley, Cavendish, Dark Fired Kentucky, Perique & Virginia blend)
Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River (Latakia, Oriental, Perique & Virginia blend)

reckless
12 years ago
DE Hudson Harvest, DE Meatpie, DE heirloom cherry all pretty light and tasty and I havent experience too much bite from them. Have fun!!
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
Hmm.... Why hasn't anyone started a NOOB Pipe trade thread? I have seen the bombing runs by some of the vets here for people just starting into pipes, but I would like to setup a trade and not just get my mailbox blown off the map.
reckless
12 years ago

Hmm.... Why hasn't anyone started a NOOB Pipe trade thread? I have seen the bombing runs by some of the vets here for people just starting into pipes, but I would like to setup a trade and not just get my mailbox blown off the map.

frozenphoenix1 wrote:


If one of the resident pipe aficionados would like to start one I would be interested!! Maybe a PIF?
Users browsing this topic