Whistlebritches
12 years ago

Maybe a PIF?

reckless wrote:




I prefer IED.


Ron
TrishS@CigarBid
12 years ago

One the hubs smokes that I really enjoy the room note is Crown Achievement. I also like Labrador and Saratoga Summer. But that's from the other side of the pipe....
reckless
12 years ago

One the hubs smokes that I really enjoy the room note is Crown Achievement. I also like Labrador and Saratoga Summer. But that's from the other side of the pipe....

TrishS@CigarBid wrote:



...... Im not touching it, almost did but 🤐 🤐 🤐 🤐
chazbo
  • chazbo
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Well I tried a tin of CAO black. It was pretty good. Then I ordered a Tin of Peterson 3P's it was one solid little brick. How are you suppose to shave it off to put in the pipe? Also picked up a tin of Solani aged Burley flakes. This tobacco came in small sheets. Just took a peri of scissors and cut it up. Broke down and bought a real pipe and ordered a few more tins including Seattle Mississippi Mud and Peter Heinrich's dark strong. Why do you tamp the ashes down?
Think this is going to be very enjoyable.
Chazno
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Haven't forgotten you bro, been hurt. I will get you some soon.

Tamper is to tighten draw up and help combustion.
Whistlebritches
12 years ago

Well I tried a tin of CAO black. It was pretty good. Then I ordered a Tin of Peterson 3P's it was one solid little brick. How are you suppose to shave it off to put in the pipe? Also picked up a tin of Solani aged Burley flakes. This tobacco came in small sheets. Just took a peri of scissors and cut it up. Broke down and bought a real pipe and ordered a few more tins including Seattle Mississippi Mud and Peter Heinrich's dark strong. Why do you tamp the ashes down?
Think this is going to be very enjoyable.
Chazno

chazbo wrote:




Get you a nice SHARP knife,I use a razor knife,and just shave thin flakes out of that 3P plug.I usually shave the entire plug up and jar it in a small half pint.When you're ready to smoke it just rub it out good.........sometimes I cut cubes up out of the flakes and drop them in the pipe.Don't pack them.......them little suckers swell up upon combustion.Those other flakes,Solani and the dark strong,just rub them out or fold and stuff.Just remember if you fold and stuff don't overload the pipe........it'll swell up.


Ron
Abrignac
12 years ago

Get you a nice SHARP knife,I use a razor knife,and just shave thin flakes out of that 3P plug.I usually shave the entire plug up and jar it in a small half pint.When you're ready to smoke it just rub it out good.........sometimes I cut cubes up out of the flakes and drop them in the pipe.Don't pack them.......them little suckers swell up upon combustion.Those other flakes,Solani and the dark strong,just rub them out or fold and stuff.Just remember if you fold and stuff don't overload the pipe........it'll swell up.


Ron

Whistlebritches wrote:




You seem to like rubbing things out and making suckers swell....
K. Martin
12 years ago
Just got my first pipe not too long ago......

Thanks for the posts
Ilovetosmoke68
12 years ago


Think this is going to be very enjoyable.
Chazno

chazbo wrote:



Yes Sir, I can assure you that it will be enjoyable.
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
I got myself a cheapo briar and pouch of Captain black white that i have been working through and would like to setup a trade with one of you fine experts. Just to get an idea of some of these other blends.

This seems like a deep hobby to dig into and would like some guidance on where to start and get an idea of the different blends from experienced individuals.

Bur
  • Bur
  • Herf-A-Holic
12 years ago

I got myself a cheapo briar and pouch of Captain black white that i have been working through and would like to setup a trade with one of you fine experts. Just to get an idea of some of these other blends.

This seems like a deep hobby to dig into and would like some guidance on where to start and get an idea of the different blends from experienced individuals.

frozenphoenix1 wrote:



Oh lawdy. You best make real nice to your postalperson soon!
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
I want to trade and not just get blown off the map.
Mr Roso
12 years ago
A trade sounds like a good idea.
Whistlebritches
12 years ago

You seem to like rubbing things out and making suckers swell....

Abrignac wrote:




Ok Bill Maher................


Ron
RodneyB
12 years ago
frozen you need some pipe tobacco?
frozenphoenix1
12 years ago
I'd like to setup a trade for some. Just looking to get a feel for some of the blends to see what I like.
RodneyB
12 years ago
Pm me your addy and I hook you up.
calavera
12 years ago
For a good Virginia type try Marlin Flake. So sweet and smooth that I have a couple of pipes devoted to it.

For a good Oriental blend, try Rattray's Red Rapparee. Also have pipes dedicated to this blend.

For a good Oriental with perique, try Samarra by GL Pease. Hell, try any GL Pease to get a sample of what is possible when a master works in his chosen medium.

For a good burley mixture, try Stonehaven. It will blow your mind. Looks like jerkey. Smells like a thousand year old cabernet. Smokes like it is the official tobacco of heaven.

Some people love Virginia/perique (vaper) blends. I am not one of them. The only one that I can stand is Petersons Escudo. Looks like coins. Rub it out. Has some sweetness, but too peppery for me. GL Pease loves perique, and can work wonders with it (see Samarra, above).

Once you have tried the above, try Dunhill 965, Squadron Leader, Brown XX Rope, Brown Clunee, any vintage of Christmas Cheer that you can get your hands on, Frog Morton Across the Pond, Dunhills London Mixture Medium, and whatever else catches your fancy.






J
gae9jang2j
12 years ago
slippery slope...

i dont even smoke pipes that much but for some reason, buy baccy every once in a while. so much stuff just tinned and jarred. the older the better i guess.

i love tobacco
RodneyB
12 years ago
Frozen it is on it's way # 9505500018134122000017
Users browsing this topic