Stinkdyr
9 years ago
I will go first:
2014 Subaru Crosstrek Premium

This nav system bloze donkees!
Crap finger touch response. Crap unusable voice recognition.
Unintuitive address input procedure.
Crap traffic issue update feature.
And it often does not pick the best route.

From what I hear, you are much better off just using a Garmin Nuvi.

[ram27bat]
ZRX1200
9 years ago
My buddy got a new Mazda6, changed the speaking voice to Yoda.
Gene363
9 years ago
My 2014 Silverado has navigation but it's tied into OnStar and SUCKS.

My wife's Traverse has a more conventional stand alone navigation system that works OK, however route changes require you to sop the vehicle, stinking lawyers didn't think a passenger might want be doing the navigation. The built in screen is good, however I rely on the voice commands and keep my eyes on the road.

I had a TomTom and liked it better than our current Garmin GPS. What I dislike most about the Garmin is it's tendency to rerun on a different route.


dstieger
9 years ago
Awesome - Galaxy S7 with Google Maps Nav.

Never had a car with OEM Nav.....can't say I have any need for one
goatphuker
9 years ago
Buch of idjits. If you want a baqseat driver get a wife. Friggin noobs!
watchurai
9 years ago
The problem is a dude in a Subaru Crosstrek.

That nav is designed for slimmer fingers.....
jjanecka
9 years ago
Too manly for GPS, I consider it a woman's addon.
KingoftheCove
9 years ago

The problem is a dude in a Subaru Crosstrek.

That nav is designed for slimmer fingers.....

watchurai wrote:


heh heh....

1998 Ford Truck
Navigation System = me

It's flawless...
MACS
9 years ago
2014 Toyota Tacoma

My experience is much like the OP's. Vehicle Nav systems suck. Voice recognition sucks, streets that have been around for a good 5-6 years are not on the system, yet it is only 2 years old...

If I manually input a destination it works decent.
madspackler
9 years ago
2000 Yukon XL
Navigation System - Wife
It's always correct - just ask her.
Makes for a lasting marriage.
watchurai
9 years ago
Car based navs all suck. Expire quickly, expensive to renew.

I use the phone and Waze.
NapalmMan67
9 years ago
1998 Gold Wing, 1998 Exploder, 2001 F250, 2007 Focus.

Navigation by the sun, moon, wind and stars- Or various printed Rand McNally should the aforementioned fail. A+ rating on all.



.
deadeyedick
9 years ago
Three cars, no nav. I'm lost and iffn' I manage to find my house I'll have to flip a switch to turn on the lights.#-o
dharbolt
9 years ago

Awesome - Galaxy S7 with Google Maps Nav.

Never had a car with OEM Nav.....can't say I have any need for one

dstieger wrote:



Yup. Same here. Phone does it better.
Whistlebritches
9 years ago
I hate navigation systems.......all of them.I occasionally put an address in my phone and memorize the route.

Wifey bought me a gps system about 5 or 6 years ago.I was somewhere in Illinois,it kept telling me to exit the interstate and turn around,it kept telling me my destination was getting farther and farther away.I sent it sailing out the window somewhere on I-39 and I told wifey next time she had the bright idea of spending $400 on a gps system to buy me a $20 laminated road atlas and stuff my stocking with the change.I think she's finally over it...........but I don't ever mention it anymore.LOL
MACS
9 years ago
Could have sold it on E-Bay and got most of your money back, dipshit.
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

Could have sold it on E-Bay and got most of your money back, dipshit.

MACS wrote:



When irritated I react..........also didn't know it cost $400 til I told wifey where it went.In all honesty seeing that POS hit the blacktop was worth every dime in hindsight.
Mattie B
9 years ago
'14 Tundra

No complaints. Mine came with the system and I thought I'd hate it. Now I'd never buy a vehicle without it.

So I rate mine 10 out of 10
tonygraz
9 years ago
Mapquest and paper maps---no complaints.
tailgater
9 years ago
Mine was designed by a woman.

It will say things like:
"Go up the road about 5 minutes and you'll see a house with a picket fence and yellow drapes. About three houses past that you go left before the condos where that bright blue Prius is usually parked"


Users browsing this topic