tailgater
9 years ago
http://reason.com/blog/2017/01/04/georgia-tech-climatologist-judith-curry 

This article is from a new (to me) source of information that I find more credible than most.
After reading this article I jumped to her blog and was almost overwhelmed.

Judith Curry, an actual climatologist, has resigned from her post at Georgia Tech for no reason other than she finds it no longer possible to guide and teach students to use actual science in the field of climatology. She recognizes and has witnessed first hand how scientific integrity is career suicide when dealing with this highly political subject matter.

She does not deny climate change, man-made or otherwise. She will join the private sector (i.e. not reliant on government funding and "guidance") and will continue in the field.

But never mind that. It's settled science, so we shouldn't discuss such matters. Right?






Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
tailgater
9 years ago
I had you at "boring".

teedubbya
jjanecka
9 years ago
The whole of academia needs to be undone and rebuilt
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
I'm still waiting for Victor to come tell us this isn't a reliable news source because it isn't Jezebel...
teedubbya
9 years ago
what do you call a vegan with diarrhea?

Salad shooter
victor809
9 years ago
So she doesn't disagree with it... but believes scientific integrity is at risk.

... I'm not sure I understand the point.
teedubbya
9 years ago
A person quit their job, we don't really know why, but we take her reason at face value and any government funded research is bunk

dude you are slow
victor809
9 years ago
But she's not denying climate change so tail wins 10 Internet points... right?
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
Overpaid BEOTCH with tenure & amazing benefits package gets burned out after suffering through years of GenX-ers and is now saddled with
"Helicopter MILLENIALS" who can't WIPE their own azzes or call home on their I-phones to ask mommy what they should pick in the cafeteria line....

No wonder she QUIT...

Musta' got a h3LL of a raise, better benefits, 20 year contract and guaranteed government grants to the private sector company for her "RESEARCH"...

^^ PROLLY why ...just sayin...and stuff...
teedubbya
9 years ago
today personal blogs are more credible money makers than institutions
tailgater
9 years ago

So she doesn't disagree with it... but believes scientific integrity is at risk.

... I'm not sure I understand the point.

victor809 wrote:



Of course you don't.
There hasn't been a consensus to tell you what to believe yet.

Try to keep up.
tailgater
9 years ago

today personal blogs are more credible money makers than institutions

teedubbya wrote:



We'll accept this as an apology for not reading it.
We understand.
Sciency stuff confuses you anyhow.

tailgater
9 years ago

But she's not denying climate change so tail wins 10 Internet points... right?

victor809 wrote:



If climate change were a homeless dude with no pants, then yes.
tailgater
9 years ago


No wonder she QUIT...

Musta' got a h3LL of a raise, better benefits, 20 year contract and guaranteed government grants to the private sector company for her "RESEARCH"...

^^ PROLLY why ...just sayin...and stuff...

Mr. Jones wrote:



Actually, that's the exact OPPOSITE.
But we'll roll with it.

teedubbya
9 years ago

We'll accept this as an apology for not reading it.
We understand.
Sciency stuff confuses you anyhow.

tailgater wrote:




I'm sorry
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
I keep yawning every time I see that someone else posts on this thread...can't help myself.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
victor809
9 years ago
Any rogue scientist is tails new hero.
Users browsing this topic