ZRX1200
9 years ago
My broad shaves my back,



Wheel.

(^ had to throw this in)
Abrignac
9 years ago
streetrod
9 years ago

Been using Feather Hi-Stainless DE blades for a long time.I collect vintage Gillette DE razors,Fatboys and Super Speeds along with a couple UK made Gillette Rocket's.I also use a Parker 45R DE.............As for shave creams and soaps my daily soap is Arko.......best value out there and it provides a helluva shave.I also love Proraso Green......it has eucalyptus that feels great on the skin.My Sunday go to meeting creme is Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Creme........the soap is ok but the creme is outstanding.I also collect Old Spice shave mugs.......the 60-64 models are my favorites.A couple badger hair brushes and you're in business.

BTW those Arko sticks will press perfectly into a half pint jar.......just warm them about 5 seconds in the microwave and press into the bottom of the jar.

Whistlebritches wrote:




Thanks for the info. Gives me several options.

Plowboy221
9 years ago
https://www.maggardrazors.com , awesome customer service and fast shipping.

Taylor of Old Bond Street Peppermint Cream

Beaver Woodwright, Captain's Pipe Soft Soap (favorite right now)

Col. Ichabod Conk,Santa Fe Cedar Cream

I don't like the pucks of soap, soft soaps or creams are the way to go imo and Feather blades the best ya can get.

ASprinkle
9 years ago
I was in a similar spot a few years ago. I was going through a Mach 5 blade every week or so and having to shave every day for work left me with a ton of irritation and ingrown hairs. Not to mention the cost. I have pretty thick facial hair and my face irritates easily, but here is what works for me.

I always either shower or try to soak my face with a hot cloth
Then use Jack Black Beard Lube. It comes in a blue bottle and is like putting teflon on your face. I recommend everyone use this.
The soap I use is Wet Shave Products. They have a ton of scents and one ton has lasted me over a year.
The blade I use is the Gillette Silver Blue. It is a Russian made blade and I found them on amazon for $20 for 100 blades. They are sharp but also forgiving. Each blade lasts 4-5 shaves so that is about 2 years worth of blades.
Finally find an aftershave lotion you like. I am still trying to find one I want to stick with. This part is often overlooked but I suggest rinsing your face with cold water then use your aftershave every time. It helps close your pores and reduce ingrown hairs.

I hope this helps.
ASprinkle
9 years ago
I was in a similar spot a few years ago. I was going through a Mach 5 blade every week or so and having to shave every day for work left me with a ton of irritation and ingrown hairs. Not to mention the cost. I have pretty thick facial hair and my face irritates easily, but here is what works for me.

I always either shower or try to soak my face with a hot cloth
Then use Jack Black Beard Lube. It comes in a blue bottle and is like putting teflon on your face. I recommend everyone use this.
The soap I use is Wet Shave Products. They have a ton of scents and one ton has lasted me over a year.
The blade I use is the Gillette Silver Blue. It is a Russian made blade and I found them on amazon for $20 for 100 blades. They are sharp but also forgiving. Each blade lasts 4-5 shaves so that is about 2 years worth of blades.
Finally find an aftershave lotion you like. I am still trying to find one I want to stick with. This part is often overlooked but I suggest rinsing your face with cold water then use your aftershave every time. It helps close your pores and reduce ingrown hairs.

I hope this helps.
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

Been using Feather Hi-Stainless DE blades for a long time.I collect vintage Gillette DE razors,Fatboys and Super Speeds along with a couple UK made Gillette Rocket's.I also use a Parker 45R DE.............As for shave creams and soaps my daily soap is Arko.......best value out there and it provides a helluva shave.I also love Proraso Green......it has eucalyptus that feels great on the skin.My Sunday go to meeting creme is Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Creme........the soap is ok but the creme is outstanding.I also collect Old Spice shave mugs.......the 60-64 models are my favorites.A couple badger hair brushes and you're in business.

BTW those Arko sticks will press perfectly into a half pint jar.......just warm them about 5 seconds in the microwave and press into the bottom of the jar.

Whistlebritches wrote:



Almost forgot........I always follow a shave with a big splash of Old Spice,ALWAYS.An almost 40 year addiction and one of the few after shaves that does not cause me to breakout,I am allergic to some perfumes.
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

I should have known that an adult response to question seeking earnest advice from knowledgeable participants would be met with mockery and derision from an immature viewer...

so grow up you poopy head.

Oh, and yes, you can.

frankj1 wrote:



I knew I could count on you......SMOOOOOOOCH!!!
Whistlebritches
9 years ago



I like to use hair conditioner when shaving my balls. Ron can attest to their smoothness.

ZRX1200 wrote:



Now I get your references to conditioner,razors and face rash.........of course you had a mouthful when telling me.I have always preferred au natural but just for you next trip I'll have them shining like new money.
frankj1
9 years ago
Ron always gets amorous during bye week for the Pats
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

Ron always gets amorous during bye week for the Pats

frankj1 wrote:




It does put me "IN THE MOOD"
danmdevries
9 years ago



I use Edge gel and Mach 3 razors because I can shave without cutting myself all to pieces. I tried the fancy stuff... I don't like it.

The way to do it properly with the older style equipment takes 5 times as long as if I shave my way. Shaving is not enjoyment for me, it's a chore.

MACS wrote:



X2. And some unscented aftershave lotion on my neck (and head in the summer)
Krazeehorse
9 years ago
Lucky bastids. Since becoming a coumadin kid it's Braun for me.
itsawaldo
9 years ago
Late to the party......

Neutrogena, comes in a tube, with Harry's.

After a shower and after applying go over with a bit more water on your hands.


Gene363
9 years ago

I was in a similar spot a few years ago. I was going through a Mach 5 blade every week or so and having to shave every day for work left me with a ton of irritation and ingrown hairs. Not to mention the cost. I have pretty thick facial hair and my face irritates easily, but here is what works for me.

I always either shower or try to soak my face with a hot cloth
Then use Jack Black Beard Lube. It comes in a blue bottle and is like putting teflon on your face. I recommend everyone use this.
The soap I use is Wet Shave Products. They have a ton of scents and one ton has lasted me over a year.
The blade I use is the Gillette Silver Blue. It is a Russian made blade and I found them on amazon for $20 for 100 blades. They are sharp but also forgiving. Each blade lasts 4-5 shaves so that is about 2 years worth of blades.
Finally find an aftershave lotion you like. I am still trying to find one I want to stick with. This part is often overlooked but I suggest rinsing your face with cold water then use your aftershave every time. It helps close your pores and reduce ingrown hairs.

I hope this helps.

ASprinkle wrote:




I tried Jack Black Beard Lube, it is an interesting product. It does do a great job of lubricating your skin for shaving, almost too good. I could not hold my razor if my had had any lather on my hand and it is difficult to just rinse off. I needed a wash towel to get completely off after shaving. It does give a very smooth and close shave.

Now, between my bottle of Jack Black Beard Lube, several cakes of shaving soap and shaving gel I shouldn't run out for another lifetime.
JadeRose
9 years ago

^^^ Since "you prefer THICK LATHER"...

I suggest you milk drafter's, jade's and TW's....

then see which one lathers up the best...



(DUDE...YOU KNOW WAY BETTER THAN TO WORD AN O.P....like you just did...come on...)

Don't fall for the "RICK" pawn shop commercial
For straight razors....
Tons of "new shaving club offers" for a whole year on TV

Mr. Jones wrote:









Keep me out of this homo fest



(I use Astroglide...it's leaves me as smooth as Victor's bottom)
99cobra2881
9 years ago
Shave Secret oil and cheap disposable razors

dstieger
9 years ago
I retired from the Navy on January 31, 2010. Threw away my razors on Feb 1, 2010. I do run an electric razor around the outside of my beard on occasion, but that's it



Last weekend, went to visit a couple of the grown kids...stayed in hotel. College freshman stepson spent one night with us....his first frat party was the following day.
Went in the bathroom after his 30 minute shower and I couldn't even see the bathtub for the hair....wife had left her razor in there.....and stepson was involved in some sort of manscaping catastrophe apparently...or else there's a bald gorilla running around Norfolk somewhere.... ..plugged the fn shower drain it was so bad.....
teedubbya
9 years ago

Keep me out of this homo fest



(I use Astroglide...it's lets me shoot in Victor's bottom)

JadeRose wrote:




freak
Users browsing this topic