burnem2
9 years ago
I have a 17 year old daughter with Down Syndrome. In addition she got a serious lung disease, Bronchiectasis, that was diagnosed in 2010. As a result of being intubated during a procedure she had her larynx and thus her voice compromised. We have spent lots of both money and time in the treatment of these conditions.

My wife relayed her story to a State agency here in Texas several months back in a chance encounter. They interviewed us in an effort to qualify us for the state's best program to help kids like my daughter and through a special program move us to the top of the list. Our next hurdle was qualifying for Medicaid. We had lots of people praying for us over the last several months. We had the Medicaid approval earlier in the week and today we received our letter of admittance into the state program! This program not only provides needed therapies and medical expense assistance but also provides much needed respite for us as caregivers. Our prayers were answered in a big time way as God tends to do.

In celebration of these events I want to offer a premium 5er to the winner of a simple contest which kicks off tomorrow at 1100 hours central time. The first person to guess my daughter's middle name wins. Her first name is Allissa and flows well with her middle name which begins with an R. Next clue is that it's more often a boy's name. First person to correctly guess her name wins. I'll offer a combination of non-Cuban and Cuban cigars.

Good luck!
frankj1
9 years ago
I'll send all the energy I've got for you and your sweet daughter. In turn all I ask is you hug a liberal!

Ray?
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Glad to hear the good news... lots of prayers for your daughter, and for mom and dad, who I'm sure get exhausted at times... hang in there bud...

and ya'll can go home cuz I guarantee it's Rufus... Alissa Rufus Bodeccelli... Beautiful!
SMOKEYOU
9 years ago
burnem2
9 years ago
Thanks guys. No guessing until 1100 CT tomorrow. I actually have lots of liberal friends here in Austin. I'll hug the first one I see tomorrow!
MACS
9 years ago
Congrats to you, your wife, and your daughter. May God continue to bless your family.
DaQueenBeez
9 years ago
God is good! Sounds like your family is overdue for good news!
(Smokeyou took my guess lol)
delta1
9 years ago
Wishing you and your family all the best. Thank goodness for Medicaid.

Allissa Riley
delta1
9 years ago
Oh, I forgot...


[hug]
SMOKEYOU
9 years ago
You can have Ryan. I feel bad for jumping the gun.
delta1
9 years ago
ooops....gotta post date/time #8 ^ to 1100 CT Sat, 1/14
kombat96
9 years ago
Good contest.

Great info on your situation, sending good vibes.
kombat96
9 years ago
Good contest.

Great info on your situation, sending good vibes.
Burner02
9 years ago

Our next hurdle was qualifying for Medicaid. We had lots of people praying for us over the last several months.

burnem2 wrote:



Prolly did not hurt.

Glad things are headed in a positive direction for your daughter.
JadeRose
9 years ago
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Aww I was gonna guess Rae too.

Let's go with Randi I guess
SMOKEYOU
9 years ago
Ill take Reagan.
burnem2
9 years ago
It's now 1100 hours Central Time. Let the game begin!
SMOKEYOU
9 years ago

Ill take Reagan.

SMOKEYOU wrote:



Final answer.
burnem2
9 years ago
Users browsing this topic