RMAN4443
9 years ago
NFL bans Leaping over line of scrimmage to block field goals and PATS for ?safety reasons?........or because the Patriots got good at it? 🤐 🤔
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Nobody cares....
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
DrafterX
9 years ago
I think they called it 'Launching' about 98% of the time... 😟
Just Relax
9 years ago
I think the fans in Green Bay would take exception to the use of THE LEAP 😳

🇨🇮
RMAN4443
9 years ago

I think they called it 'Launching' about 98% of the time... 😟

DrafterX wrote:


http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/ct-nfl-outlaw-the-leap-shea-mcclellin-20161214-story.html 




For some, The Leap is a delight, a perfectly legal combination of exemplary teamwork and thrilling athleticism. For others, The Leap is a menace, a loophole-exploiting trick that places players' safety at unnecessary risk.
The play has made a distinct impact on this NFL season. In Week 10, Broncos special teamer Justin Simmons leaped over the New Orleans Saints' line late in the fourth quarter and blocked what would have been a go-ahead extra point. Teammate Will Parks scooped the ball and ran to the end zone for a two-point conversion, flipping a one-point deficit to a one-point lead, effectively stealing a victory.



"Just time it up right," McClellin said Monday night. "That's all you've got to do: time it up right."
But The Leap contains so much more, in both preparation and execution, beginning with the technique of the most overlooked player on most NFL rosters.

No one doubts the present legality of The Leap. Rule 12, Section 3 of the NFL rulebook details what is prohibited on a kick: jumping or standing on a teammate; placing a hand on another player to gain extra height; lifting a teammate; and leaping over players at the line of scrimmage and landing on someone.


:-"
DrafterX
9 years ago
It is impressive when it's done correctly... they may have killed it because most of the time it wasn't when tried... I dunno.... It's Football Damnit..!! Let them Play..!! 😣
RMAN4443
9 years ago

Nobody cares....

Hank_The_Tank wrote:


Sorry Hank, maybe we should be discussing some of these thought provoking topics........

Waders
Country Music is the Worst
Quitting chewing Tobacco
Survivor
Rank your favorite sports
Snorting Tobacco
(your) Mental Health
Beard Trimmers
How Many Kids
(your) 500th post
Achalmers and Hank discuss Gluten, Fashion, Feminine Hygiene Products, and not so fresh feeling (This topic not yours, but fitting)
Getting banned on Bass Resource
Refreshing CBID at work
(your) IPhone Update
Your vehicle thread
Looking for new Netflix Series
Robot Love
What Religion/Faith you follow
(you) Being Worked over by the Man
The Walking Dead
Collectors aka Hoarders
UFC/MMA
That's just since 11/17/2016

I know, you were just excited to be here and couldn't help yourself..........oh yeah,almost forgot.....biting the heads off hummingbirds lol
All topics I'm sure everyone cares about [sarcasm]
RMAN4443
9 years ago

It is impressive when it's done correctly... they may have killed it because most of the time it wasn't when tried... I dunno.... It's Football Damnit..!! Let them Play..!! 😣

DrafterX wrote:


I agree.......here's another new rule..... By Competition Committee; Gives a receiver running a pass route defenseless player protection. Put them all in skirts and wrap em in bubble wrap.......It's a rough game, that's why they get paid the big bucks 🤐
DrafterX
9 years ago
well, it was already a penalty if you hit them right..?? after the 5 yard bump thing..?? so now they're just attaching more yards to it I guess... 🤔
RMAN4443
9 years ago

well, it was already a penalty if you hit them right..?? after the 5 yard bump thing..?? so now they're just attaching more yards to it I guess... 🤔

DrafterX wrote:


I see a defensive player mistiming a hit at the point of catch being a problem or to "violent" of a hit........I wonder how many game changing penalties will result
Just Relax
9 years ago
#8 that's quite a trip down memory lane RMAN
jjanecka
9 years ago
NFL rules have been ran into the dirt. Pretty soon the players will look like little boy soccer teams.
RMAN4443
9 years ago

#8 that's quite a trip down memory lane RMAN

Just Relax wrote:


Just looking for a topic that Hank might be interested in.......hope I found one 🙏
cameroon
9 years ago

Sorry Hank, maybe we should be discussing some of these thought provoking topics........

Waders
Country Music is the Worst
Quitting chewing Tobacco
Survivor
Rank your favorite sports
Snorting Tobacco
(your) Mental Health
Beard Trimmers
How Many Kids
(your) 500th post
Gluten, Fashion, Feminine Hygiene Products, and not so fresh feeling (This topic not yours, but fitting)
Getting banned on Bass Resource
Refreshing CBID at work
(your) IPhone Update
Your vehicle thread
Looking for new Netflix Series
Robot Love
What Religion/Faith you follow
(you) Being Worked over by the Man
The Walking Dead
Collectors aka Hoarders
UFC/MMA
That's just since 11/17/2016

I know, you were just excited to be here and couldn't help yourself..........oh yeah,almost forgot.....biting the heads off hummingbirds lol
All topics I'm sure everyone cares about [sarcasm]

RMAN4443 wrote:



I'll give you an A+ for effort, I'll say that
RMAN4443
9 years ago

I'll give you an A+ for effort, I'll say that

cameroon wrote:


You don't think I found a Hank approved Topic? I only went back to 11/17/16..........I could keep going if you feel that's the way to go 😰

To be honest I left a few out because they did catch my interest............I also get a chuckle out of all his requests for cigars or airfare, or who wants to drive me, etc., etc.
RMAN4443
9 years ago
Here's another new one......15. By Competition Committee; Makes actions to conserve time illegal after the two-minute warning of either half.

Does that make spiking the ball to stop the clock illegal?
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
That was awesome Rman! I may have a stalker on my hands. Just think it is another dumb rule made by PFWA (Pro Football Wussification Association). Just wait, in 10 years the NFL will go to flag football with no tackling.
Whistlebritches
9 years ago
Had Goodell been Commisioner back in the day Vince Lombardi would have had him whacked.Bill you are absolutely the smartest coach to ever grace the field.............but your inability to find a hit man really disappoints me.
MACS
9 years ago

You don't think I found a Hank approved Topic? I only went back to 11/17/16..........I could keep going if you feel that's the way to go 😰

To be honest I left a few out because they did catch my interest............I also get a chuckle out of all his requests for cigars or airfare, or who wants to drive me, etc., etc.

RMAN4443 wrote:



https://tinyurl.com/mfgum6x 
Users browsing this topic