8trackdisco
9 years ago
If Trump sent in the National Guard into Chicago to stop the black on black violence, would that be considered a racist act?

Is NOT seninding troops into Chicago to save black lives a racist act?

The dude can't win.
DrafterX
9 years ago
True... true... 😟
TMCTLT
9 years ago

MLK was a man of peace and hope. The thought initially was to put signs up in the neighborhoods of the people he represented. He was the beacon of light he wanted his people to follow. I'm sure he'd be disappointed in them.

If you don't take an active role in your education, start drug dealing in middle school, and spending your time trying to be a hardashe, you're never going to get out of the hopelesss ghetto or a southern Indiana trailer park.

The only question left when the second american revolution happens, is whether it all be based on race or class.

8trackdisco wrote:




Yeah because again based on your worldview...the only trailer parks that exist are in S. Indiana, that's a nifty way of accusing an entire state of being racist, Not surprised....not @ all. How IS life up there on that Hill???
8trackdisco
9 years ago

Yeah because again based on your worldview...the only trailer parks that exist are in S. Indiana, that's a nifty way of accusing an entire state of being racist, Not surprised....not @ all. How IS life up there on that Hill???

TMCTLT wrote:



What I was getting at, is it isn't just poor decision making on the part of blacks, but white as well. When you hear ghetto, don't you automatically think black? When you hear Southern Indiana, don't you think white?

No living on a hill here. Born a poor farm kid, lived in a trailer home the fiirst seven years of my life. A middle class guy now at best- 1,061 sq home with one bathroom.

I'd bet you are living in higher cotton than I am.

You simply missed my intended point.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
MACS
9 years ago

That's just not true though... love takes effort... hate is easy... i don't even have to know you to hate you, but if I'm going to love you, I'm going to have to look past your flaws and that takes effort...

as anyone who has been married knows, love takes work... and as anyone who's ever driven on a southern California freeway knows, hating someone you've never even met is easy...

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Yessir... children will be bad, unless they are TAUGHT to be good. Bad comes natural... good takes effort.
rfenst
9 years ago

[A]s anyone who has been married knows, love takes work...

opelmanta1900 wrote:




Loving marriage does take work. But, I don't think that is the type of "love" being referred to. I think it is more of the type of "love" as in "love thy neighbor" despite his differences...
rfenst
9 years ago

Yessir... children will be bad, unless they are TAUGHT to be good. Bad comes natural... good takes effort.

MACS wrote:



I believe children are born a neutral slate or are good and that it takes exposure to "bad" for them to emulate/poison them. Notwithstanding this belief, children do need to be taught what is proper social behavior.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I don't know about all the other stuff but I sort of think the white nationalists and kkk are bad.

That's pretty simple to me. I don't really care what other groups did or didn't do. whatever, it still doesn't change the fact these groups are the low of the low.

Having another group or person you don't like as something to point to doesn't change anything even if you are right. It is possible to directly denounce these groups Period. That doesn't mean you are supporting any other groups. Things are not mutually exclusive.

I am concerned about a shift that gives any sort of normalcy to these hate groups as some sort of tit for tat against some other groups you don't like. I'm even more concerned when people try to convince themselves or others it's some sort of intellectual or sophisticated argument to do so when it's really intellectual dishonesty. Comments like it's too bad this is the group that's forced to make the point are worrisome to me.

While freedom of speech is sacred and from that perspective these groups will likely always exist they should not be tolerated at any level intellectually by anyone in this forum and certainly by anyone in government.

There are all sorts of bad groups out there. That is no reason to justify anything the kkk or white supremacists do. Their very existence is wrong. They can and will certainly exist but they are evil with zero merit. It's one star neither party should hitch their star on or treat with kids gloves. Run far far away from these ****bags.

I saw someone on tv call them Christian terrorists. Wrong. They are not christians nor is anyone who supports them no matter how tacitly.

DrafterX
9 years ago

I believe children are born a neutral slate or are good and that it takes exposure to "bad" for them to emulate/poison them. Notwithstanding this belief, children do need to be taught what is proper social behavior.

rfenst wrote:



Except for that born gay thing I guess.. 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
I'm with you rfenst. Children are for the most part (nothing is absolute) good until we teach them otherwise. That doesn't discount the necessity to teach them morals, values and other intellectual tools of good to help them adapt as the world touches them, but my experience intuitively tells me kids are good and pure for the most part. Then we ruin them.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

Loving marriage does take work. But, I don't think that is the type of "love" being referred to. I think it is more of the type of "love" as in "love thy neighbor" despite his differences...

rfenst wrote:


understood and agreed... even so, I think my point still stands... the command "love thy neighbor" would not have had to be given if the natural inclination of a mans heart was to do good - to love... but it isn't... the heart is deceptive, desperately wicked...
teedubbya
9 years ago
Either that or it's good but gets tempted and at times is weak and needs a reminder.
teedubbya
9 years ago
And while god is most powerful that does not translate to the devil is weak.
DrafterX
9 years ago

Comments like it's too bad this is the group that's forced to make the point are worrisome to me.


teedubbya wrote:



Why is that..?? I wasn't endorsing them or anything... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
There is no merit to anything these groups do period.
teedubbya
9 years ago
And I know you weren't.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I agree.. I wasn't thanking them either.. I just wish somebody else had stood up.. so don't worry about me too much... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
Lol.

I'm just leery of giving any sort of legitimacy or merit to these fuggers. They have none and deserve none even if they purposely choose to wrap their hate around a political point you beleive in.
gummy jones
9 years ago

Yessir... children will be bad, unless they are TAUGHT to be good. Bad comes natural... good takes effort.

MACS wrote:



we are all dreadfully wicked
each and every one of us
Users browsing this topic