teedubbya
9 years ago
And I'm weirded out by removing history because we don't like it. It isn't normal to erect statues to the losing leaders after losing a war but that's what makes our country cool.

I was serious. Leave the losing generals statue up. Put the winning generals around him and teach the story.
DrafterX
9 years ago
Ya, a statue of Custer full of arrows would be cool... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
In fairness he lost the battle, and his life. Not the war.

But there are monuments to Indian leaders that need not be removed.

But Rushmore needs to be made bigger than crazy horse. Maybe using cgi or something.
teedubbya
9 years ago
As an aside do you think this administration will be a champion of the Indian sovereign nations?
DrafterX
9 years ago
Maybe when they add Obama... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
Well he does have a big head and thinks highly of himself
DrafterX
9 years ago

As an aside do you think this administration will be a champion of the Indian sovereign nations?

teedubbya wrote:




I don't think they have a choice.. it would be to the tribe to give it up I think... I don't know a whole lot about it... 😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
I used to work with it more than I do now. Every admin approaches it differently and there is choice. Some admins tend to buy in to the sovereign part more than others which really effects cooperation levels. I'm guessing a downswing for awhile.

Plug in to some tribal leaders to get their take. It's fascinating.
DrafterX
9 years ago
It is interesting stuff... My father assisted several tribes with setting up their own laws and courts and stuff when he worked for the BIA.. but that was back before casinos got popular.. I'm sure the tribes are getting more attention now because of the money.. Before the money I don't think the gubment thought much about them...😟
teedubbya
9 years ago
Still don't.
victor809
9 years ago
Did tcby just criticize Obama for quoting Nelson Mandela?

What a f'ing moron.
DrafterX
9 years ago
that's kinda harsh.. he was a President and stuff.. 😟
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I agree with MACS and opel that we have a general disposition towards hate than towards love.

To quote that "Time Machine Movie"... who are you to argue with a hundred thousand years of evolution.

That whole survival of the fittest thing is a b1tch to overcome.

We've only been out of the caves for a couple thousand years, and people want to think that we have a natural disposition towards being neutral or good?!?!?

Let's be honest, we're the most violent and cruel predator to ever walk the face of this Earth... that's what we are.

We're 10s if not 100s of thousands of years away (if ever) from ditching those predator genes.

It's proven that children as early as 1 year of age will discriminate against others that aren't like them for the most simple of reasons. Hate to break it to you guys, the ability to accept others for their views is not the default state of a human, it requires work and at least some level of intelligence. We're a long way off of abolishing discrimination.

Anyway, I would say those two groups getting together for a protest and only one person ends up dead is actually pretty good!!!

I say one, because you can't blame the bad piloting on the protesters.

Anyway, I didn't think what Trump had to say was bad, just CNN being CNN.
DrafterX
9 years ago


Rep. Maxine Waters lashed out at President Trump on Sunday, blaming him for the white nationalist rioters who left the nation reeling after they descended upon Charlottesville, VA on Saturday.

One woman was left dead and dozens more injured as a riot over the removal of a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee turned ugly and violent when white supremacist groups clashed with law enforcement and counter-protesters.

Then-candidate Trump "encouraged violence against protesters at rallies. We should not be surprised," Waters tweeted.


Trump came under fire by critics on both sides of the aisle for not calling the alt-right activists and neo-Nazis in Virginia white nationalists in his condemnation of them at a press conference and on Twitter yesterday.

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry, and violence on many sides," the president said. "When I watch Charlottesville to me it's very, very sad."

Film at 11....😟




The Resistance just can't resist....

opelmanta1900
9 years ago

that's kinda harsh.. he was a President and stuff.. 😟

DrafterX wrote:


😂
8trackdisco
9 years ago
It would be great to get definitions of Hate Groups and White Nationalists.

KKK a hate group? Yes. Neo-Nazis? Yes.

White Nationalists: What are they actually for or against? They aren't all nazis, kkk, or racists. They also aren't all benign as a group of southern gentlemen requsting monuments remain in place.

There are also the Ant-Facist group- who have been the point of a different spear- if you've watch the WTO and World Bank riots over the years, these aren't your typical snowflakes.

Are Black Lives Matter a hate group?

There are a lot of pieces on the chessboard.
Gene363
9 years ago
Just give them all knives and shoot the winner, done.
Mattie B
9 years ago
I'll call it what it is 8, yeah they are terrorist.

I don't believe it has anything to do with party lines either. Both sides have morons.....well they say they align with parties(or opposite party say they do)

Anyone who intentionally tries to put terror in people can be called terrorist.
Those morons that hold gruesome signs outside abortion clinics and scream....terrorist.
Black lives matter groups that beat folks and loot...terrorist.
Klan
Black Panthers
The list can go on and on

But this is a tiny amount of the US population. There will always be idiots.

I don't believe that people are born into hate. It's natural to trust. The wife and I taught 3rd grade Sunday School this morning. We had a visitor and his mother told us, he was painfully shy. Before the hour was over, he was having fun and even sat in my lap. Adults teach hate.

As for the monuments.
It's a shame that people can't get beyond the pain. I don't hate Sherman even though he torched the South. I'd have my photo taken in front of his statue and allow the wife to share it on social media. It's history.
I heard a woman say that a statue of Robert E Lee reminds southerners of how we wish slavery was still around....I had to change the channel. What an absolute idiot.

As for Jades comment on the South....it's just him trying to be funny. If he means it, I'd have to ask how much of the South he has visited? No offense taken

Terrorist may say they belong to something other than their hate group. Sound minds need to know they don't act like Americans and stop trying to find similarities with good people.
8trackdisco
9 years ago

I'll call it what it is 8, yeah they are terrorist.

I don't believe it has anything to do with party lines either. Both sides have morons.....well they say they align with parties(or opposite party say they do)

Anyone who intentionally tries to put terror in people can be called terrorist.
Those morons that hold gruesome signs outside abortion clinics and scream....terrorist.
Black lives matter groups that beat folks and loot...terrorist.
Klan
Black Panthers
The list can go on and on

But this is a tiny amount of the US population. There will always be idiots.

I don't believe that people are born into hate. It's natural to trust. The wife and I taught 3rd grade Sunday School this morning. We had a visitor and his mother told us, he was painfully shy. Before the hour was over, he was having fun and even sat in my lap. Adults teach hate.

As for the monuments.
It's a shame that people can't get beyond the pain. I don't hate Sherman even though he torched the South. I'd have my photo taken in front of his statue and allow the wife to share it on social media. It's history.
I heard a woman say that a statue of Robert E Lee reminds southerners of how we wish slavery was still around....I had to change the channel. What an absolute idiot.

As for Jades comment on the South....it's just him trying to be funny. If he means it, I'd have to ask how much of the South he has visited? No offense taken

Terrorist may say they belong to something other than their hate group. Sound minds need to know they don't act like Americans and stop trying to find similarities with good people.

Mattie B wrote:



In what you've seen and heard, how much klan activity is there? I'm guessing since the Southern Poverty Law Center group won some suit, it seems instead of having larger groups of white supremes, they are now splintered into hundreds of lone wolves.

Any thoughts on that?
Mattie B
9 years ago
The Klan has been dead for decades.

And anyone with a brain in their head wouldn't be part of them.
They are vile and are lost.


One group that I can support is The Honor Guard. These are the guys that blocked protestors at military funerals. The anti-war groups try to shout and rally at the services of our fallen soldiers.
Users browsing this topic