teedubbya
9 years ago
Last thing I'll post for the day hopefully.... busy and growing weary

Gummy - I've never questioned their right to march etc. We agree. I also agree on the rule of law. I've said as much in this thread. I think if you chose to stand up to them while afoul of the law its a decision and don't bitch if you get arrested. The law is the law.

But the nazi group are not nice people, not peaceful, traditionally have been looking to provoke a fight, and were loaded for bear this time as well. And there were not "nice people" marching along with them. That label went away when you decided to march with the Nazis. If anyone in here could see themselves marching with this group please stay away from me. Yup it is stupid to play in to their tactics, they want provocation and to blame their actions on others. In some ways it inevitable and predictable what the end result will be. Always has been. They count on it. This is not new, but the lack of hoods seems to dilute the reality. No need to hire folks, this is a rinse repeat scenario.

I don't know much about the groups that decided to stand up to the "peaceful" Nazi march. I understand some in here do and hate them or think they are the issue and are equivalent to the Nazis. I do not see them as the equivalent or that one random Nazi went astray or was trying to defend himself from the evil other side. That is not to say none of them did wrong or will do wrong in the future.

For someone who is considered a fencepost I guess I'm firmly planted on one side when it come to a group that hates like the nazis or the kkk vs. a group who however imperfect is standing up to that hate.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
fix your inbox....
dstieger
9 years ago

That's kind of how I feel about Islam... The belief is so far "right", that it almost seem left... probably why it's believers get so heavily defended from the left even though their ideals are on par with the WS.

Racism... check
Supremacism... check
Outdated Barbaric Practices... check
Hates outsiders... check


Anyway, just wondering why all the hate for one hate group, but all the love for another hate group, I just don't understand...

My guess is this policy (which makes them more dangerous than the WS)

Quran (3:28) - "Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them..

In other words, if you're not a believer, they're not allowed to be your friend, but they can pretend to be.

Yet, this hate group is beloved by the left.

But I would still defend Muslim American's right to protest. Not illegal ones mind, I don't support illegal immigrant protest protection, let them do that sh17 in their own country... oh wait, they can't, because they're beliefs are all fkd up and it's not allowed.

bgz wrote:



I like turtles
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
me too!!! I prefer the kind that carry the world on their shoulders.

Anyway, I'm going to try to be done with this thread for a while.

Hopefully next time it stays peaceful and laws are followed on both sides. If the law is followed, then the protest won't get much press... better for everyone.
DrafterX
9 years ago
I still think you can want to keep the damn statue and not be a nazi or nazi sympathizer... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
gummy jones
9 years ago

Who's quote, gummy?

dstieger wrote:



sorry i forgot to post link
it was something i read from ben shapiro
DrafterX
9 years ago
Really curious how the SF rally thing will go down now after all this publicity... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
gummy jones
9 years ago

I still think you can want to keep the damn statue and not be a nazi or nazi sympathizer... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

DrafterX wrote:



you cant handle the truth!
DrafterX
9 years ago
Maybe Geraldine will get punched out again... ๐Ÿคฃ
DrafterX
9 years ago
Geraldo...... Stupid phone.. ๐Ÿ˜ 
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

I still think you can want to keep the damn statue and not be a nazi or nazi sympathizer... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

DrafterX wrote:


I'll agree with that... probably not the most common or logical position to hold - kinda like being a nazi memorabilia collector but not being racist... but it's possible...
gummy jones
9 years ago

Geraldo...... Stupid phone.. ๐Ÿ˜ 

DrafterX wrote:



geraldine needs a good slappin too i s'pose ๐ŸŒซ
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

Really curious how the SF rally thing will go down now after all this publicity... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

DrafterX wrote:


hopefully trump sends in federal troops ahead of time to make sure the peace is kept, or else [ram27bat]
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

geraldine needs a good slappin too i s'pose ๐ŸŒซ

gummy jones wrote:


racist!
RMAN4443
9 years ago

geraldine needs a good slappin too i s'pose ๐ŸŒซ

gummy jones wrote:


The Devil made me buy this dress!!!!!๐ŸŒซ
gummy jones
9 years ago

geraldine needs a good slappin too i s'pose ๐ŸŒซ

gummy jones wrote:



stupid auto correct
i meant tw ๐Ÿ˜ฃ
Burner02
9 years ago

I still think you can want to keep the damn statue and not be a nazi or nazi sympathizer... ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

DrafterX wrote:




Very true. Like Trump said, who's next? Washington or Jefferson?

Alt right are a horrible group but I have just as much disdain for those trying to re-write history and suppress free speech(enter alt left).
MACS
9 years ago
Compromise, perhaps?

https://tinyurl.com/y98r4vze 

The parts that swayed me:

"It seems unfair and unjust to ask black people to work, play, raise their children and live their lives among statues and memorials that celebrate their historical oppression. But it also seems dishonest and unfair to history to grind those monuments to dust. The Confederacy and the destruction it caused should be remembered, as should the ongoing effort among some to preserve its acrid ideology."

"In Moscowโ€™s Gorky Park, right next to the state art museum, thereโ€™s a stretch of green space called Fallen Monument Park. Itโ€™s populated with monuments to Stalinism and Leninism erected during the Soviet era. Itโ€™s pretty striking. Each monument includes a plaque explaining when it was erected, how it was funded and that it has been preserved and installed in the park not to celebrate Stalin or Lenin or their ideas but because of its historical significance."
victor809
9 years ago
....oh for fร—cks sake.

If you are ever marching anywhere in your life for anything and the people to your right and left are waving nazi flags, holding white power shields and chanting "no jews" and you make the conscious decision to not walk away immediately you're a fร—cking nazi. I don't give a f#ck if you think civil war memorabilia is the best stuff ever.

Every f#cking nazi in that group chose to stand next to the flag waving Nazis in solidarity. They're all f'cking Nazis.

If you think it's ok for someone to stand in support of Nazis because your fighting for the same thing, then you're a disgusting human being.

If you're trying to justify in even the smallest way that a group of people chanting "blood and soil", "Jews will not replace us", "hail victory" is just trying to preserve history of the confederate war... then you're sick. You're sick and you likely need to reconsider what your relationship with anyone Jewish might be.
DrafterX
9 years ago
who said they were marching with them..?? ๐Ÿ˜•
Users browsing this topic