Gene363
5 years ago
For all that love tomatos, try them with Cavanders Greek seasoning, it complements a tomato perfectly.

Fried egg whites on a toasted sun dried tomato bagel with Cavander's Greek Seasoning is so good your tungue will slap your eyes out trying to get more.
danmdevries
5 years ago
Work called. Need help tonight. Figure i just slept all day and could use some extra money, so I'm going in.
Palama
5 years ago

Yep, apple season is here. Snacking on a honey crisp now. Made some apple crisp the other day, it didn't last long. Probably do another pan tonight or tomorrow.

BuckyB93 wrote:



Where's mine? [gonzo]























The Dink is rarely here so somebody hadda do it! Hehe!
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
The wife tried to bring an apple to you islanders. The airport folk didn't approve.

Actually, the funny part is she forgot it was in her purse from before we left and didn't get busted until heading back to the mainland
MACS
5 years ago

Crap sleep, but gotta get going anyway.

Need to take some time off.

But with nothing to do and no where to go-oh,... I want to be sedated.

8trackdisco wrote:



These unappreciative jackalopes just left that Ramones reference sitting there? Not even a mention?

I apologize on their behalf, brother.
Palama
5 years ago

The wife tried to bring an apple to you islanders. The airport folk didn't approve.

Actually, the funny part is she forgot it was in her purse from before we left and didn't get busted until heading back to the mainland

Sunoverbeach wrote:



She had the apple in her purse the entire trip? [gonzo]
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
That is correct. Ya never know when you're going to need a snack
frankj1
5 years ago
had a great crisp tart yet sweet McCoun apple today. My fave, followed by honey crisp.
Bucky, there must be an insane amount of orchard activity out your way!

and the tomatoes with halloumi came out fantastic. Didn't splash any balsamic, it's ok but not a lover of the stuff.
cacman
5 years ago
Love tomatoes. Used to eat them like an apple when I worked on a vegetable farm in PA. Tomato sammy with a thin slice of onion, salt & pepper, and of course Hellman's mayo. Not that Miracle Whip crap. Can't get a good tomato out hear.
DrafterX
5 years ago

DrafterX, that's exactly how my father liked his! (He was German, so I guess this was how he ate them as a kid, and an adult. His mother was the same way, although she always spread some liverwurst on hers.)

CarsonTheCat wrote:




I friend of mine, whose mother escaped East Germany before the wall came down, turned me on to these little sammiches... 👍
Whistlebritches
5 years ago
Fresh garden maters diced up,Mexico Lindo Habanero Salsa Rojo(rojo=red for you gringo's) ((more is better)),chopped cilantro and a little mayo.Eats well with anything but especially tacos,burritos and chips.Sub in mustard for the mayo and it's awesome on a hot dog
tonygraz
5 years ago
I'm not a big fan of tomatoes, but I do like the Orange ones and the little yellow pears. We had six in the garden this year and that was more than enough - the wife loves them.
MACS
5 years ago
Had to nap this afternoon. Only worked 7 hours today, but that 0230 reveille came way too fast. Probably got 4 and a half hours of sleep.

Start at 11am tomorrow. Sleep in... gym... work. 👍
DrafterX
5 years ago
freak... 😟
rfenst
5 years ago
I only eat chili dogs (Coney Islands) when I go to Detroit and I do like chopped onion in that case. Forgot about that.
Smooth light
5 years ago
Tomatoes were good with the tuna, but nothing to write home about.
DrafterX
5 years ago
I like tuna with a couple slices of avocado and a couple leafs of lettuce... 😟
Sunoverbeach
5 years ago
I like tuna replaced with a hunk of beef, possibly wrapped in bacon
opelmanta1900
5 years ago

I only eat chili dogs (Coney Islands) when I go to Detroit and I do like chopped onion in that case. Forgot about that.

rfenst wrote:


I knew it!
MACS
5 years ago

I like tuna replaced with a hunk of beef, possibly wrapped in bacon

Sunoverbeach wrote:



Yeah... canned tuna is skipjack. The lowest grade of tuna. Have you ever had seared ahi tuna? Mmmmmm... tuna.

Skippies are ayite, but yellowfin and bluefin tuna are a whole 'nother level of yummy.
Users browsing this topic