Robby
23 years ago
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!! HE HAS TRAINED KILLER BEES!!!
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
23 years ago
This killer bee has "Baretta" stamped on it's ass.
limoric
23 years ago
Again explain to me why America has one of the highest rates of crime and murder in the world. I have never felt I hade to protect myself or my family. Again, I live in a city of 1 million.

I had this discussion in the office today. Not one person owns a handgun and none of them could think of someone who did, with the exception of Grand Parents and the Grand parents don't own them to protect themselves. Their guns are left over from the World War 2.

My car was broken into twice in 2001. I felt my privacy was invaded; I did not feel my life was threatened.

Criminals carry guns in some countries because they know their is a chance their victim will be armed.

The home invasion rate may be sky high in the UK, but are the criminals killing their victims. No, because their victims are not armed, so the criminals don't need to carry handguns. Of course I'm generalizing, I'm sure some criminals do carry guns and some people do get killed.

Nice example of the Wild West. Funny, we all came from the same place, yet north of the boarder guns aren't a problem.

Am I saying that you should just get rid of all the guns in America and all the criminals will go away? Hell no.

Over time, proper gun control could eventually reduce the handguns that are in the wrong hands.

Freedom - living without the fear that someone may take away your freedom.

Hey Robby didn't you tell me that two wrongs don't make a right.

Hey I'm not judging at all. And please don't think I am. I realize that their are some neighborhoods that are dangerous. I don't see how throwing more guns at them would make them any safer.

You probably think I'm naive. Well OK, I'd rather be naive than fear for my life. I am not afraid to die. If I were, I wouldn't drive and even in America you are more likely to be killed in a car accident than killed by a gun.

I've said more than once owning a handgun for sport is fine with me. I think shooting one could be pretty fun. But owning guns to protect ones self is just putting guns in the wrong hands.

Criminals carry Guns for the same reason potential victims do. I wonder how many murders there would be if the opposite were true.

Nice killer bee poke. I'm more likely to be killed by killer bees than a gun.

Of course you will argue with me and I don't know why. I never once said ban guns. Just control them better than they already are. But for some reason if I say control guns others hear take away my freedom.

I challenge someone to oppose me. If you do, all you're opposing is the right to be armed and dangerous, whether it be in your Home, in your Car or with a permit. That’s if you own a gun only for protection.

If you just disagree to disagree, you love guns, for the purpose of concealing.

I think I made this as politically correct as possible.
cooksta2
23 years ago
I just have to say a few words. I am an 82nd airborne Gulf vet and I own a gun for my protection. I have had training since the boy scouts about safety and strongly feel that the safest place for a handgun is in trained hands. Yes there are lunatics in all areas and we can all find excuses and statistics to support our argument. For example, an 87 year old man killed more people with his car in five minutes than hanguns did this week in the US. Anyway, I for one believe in the right, it is an American right, and all those opposed tend to have the least exposure and training but some prefer to be a victim and some do not. I assure you, I prefer to make a victim than become one but it is all preference. All those who believe need no explanation and all those who do not, no explanation will ever be good enough. Enjoy a smoke, agree to disagree and i'll see you on the other boards
Robby
23 years ago
Wow! Let me try to respond,

“Again explain to me why America has one of the highest rates of crime and murder in the world. I have never felt I hade to protect myself or my family. Again, I live in a city of 1 million.”

Ok, I don’t live in Canada, and you don’t live in Atlanta, and neither one of us live in Iraq. So you’re saying, move to Canada! The crime is tolerable. Good for you! I hope you enjoy it, but I don’t live there and don’t’ wish to. Not saying it’s a bad place, just different strokes…

”I had this discussion in the office today. Not one person owns a handgun and none of them could think of someone who did, with the exception of Grand Parents and the Grand parents don't own them to protect themselves. Their guns are left over from the World War 2. “

Good for you, and for them. My father was on the beach at Anzio and fought in North Africa against Romel. He owns guns. I don’t see the point? There are people in my office who don’t own guns either, and others who do. Although, there are more who do than don’t (many more) and none of us have ever killed anyone… Just like no one in your office has ever killed anyone? How can this be? We own guns? You don’t? Surely we kill people?

“My car was broken into twice in 2001. I felt my privacy was invaded; I did not feel my life was threatened. “

Good for you! I’m glad you weren’t threatened, by car has never been broken in to. And I own a gun, how can that be? Weird…

“Criminals carry guns in some countries because they know their is a chance their victim will be armed.” Good point, if we passed laws saying TURN IN YOUR GUNS NOW! The criminals probably wouldn’t carry guns… … … …

“The home invasion rate may be sky high in the UK, but are the criminals killing their victims. No, because their victims are not armed, so the criminals don't need to carry handguns. Of course I'm generalizing, I'm sure some criminals do carry guns and some people do get killed.” I’m concerned for you “personally”, but I don’t’ give a rat’s ass about the home invasion rate or the victim death rate in the UK or in Peru or in Cambodia for that reason…

“Nice example of the Wild West. Funny, we all came from the same place, yet north of the boarder guns aren't a problem.”

My guns are south of the boarder you speak of and they are not a problem either.

“Am I saying that you should just get rid of all the guns in America and all the criminals will go away? Hell no.”

Thank god, an intelligent point!

“Over time, proper gun control could eventually reduce the handguns that are in the wrong hands. “

Yeah, drug control is working just fine… No one here does illegal drugs. NO ONE! No one drives drunk, rapes, kills, we’re virtually crime free! And it’s all because once they pass laws, people immediately stop the illegal behavior! Why in the hell didn’t we think of this sooner!!!

“Hey I'm not judging at all. And please don't think I am.” Yeah, and Koby Bryant isn’t a rapest…

“ I realize that their are some neighborhoods that are dangerous. I don't see how throwing more guns at them would make them any safer.” Strange, I don’t recall advocating “throwing guns” at anyone, I simply want to own guns. I don’t want to throw them at anyone…

“You probably think I'm naive. Well OK, I'd rather be naive than fear for my life. I am not afraid to die. If I were, I wouldn't drive and even in America you are more likely to be killed in a car accident than killed by a gun. “
BINGO! So if we’re really as safety minded as we claim, let’s outlaw cars? Let’s endorse mass transit, and place a tax on cars? A high tax? Say 5 thousand dollars a year? That would cut down on car deaths wouldn’t it? And who wants people killed by cars? Why anyone who would disagree with this fine idea. Do you disagree? Are you a car murder supporter? Shame!

“I’ve said more than once owning a handgun for sport is fine with me. I think shooting one could be pretty fun. But owning guns to protect ones self is just putting guns in the wrong hands.” I’ll refer you back to our constitution. Are there any other rights you disagree with? Speech? Religion? Self incrimination? I’m curious….

“Criminals carry Guns for the same reason potential victims do. I wonder how many murders there would be if the opposite were true.” I don’t even understand this statement well enough to formulate a response…

“Of course you will argue with me and I don't know why. I never once said ban guns. Just control them better than they already are.” BULL$HIT!!!!!! Don’t lie! You think handguns should be banned! And to say otherwise is simply dishonest! At least I’m honest in my defense and arguments.

“But for some reason if I say control guns others hear take away my freedom.” Yes, yes you’re right. People being who and what they are, don’t always say exactly what they mean. Are you familiar with the term “incrementalism?’”

“I challenge someone to oppose me. If you do, all you're opposing is the right to be armed and dangerous, whether it be in your Home, in your Car or with a permit. That’s if you own a gun only for protection.” I oppose you. I oppose you on legal, moral, and ethical rights. I oppose you on my right to defend myself, and my family. I oppose you on the basis of my heritage and my history. I oppose you on the grounds that as a law-abiding citizen, there is NO reason I should not be able to own, carry, and use firearms. No reason whatsoever.

“If you just disagree to disagree, you love guns, for the purpose of concealing.” I refuse to accept your premise. Why not say that I must own a gun with a 30 inch barrel or a 50 inch barrel or a gun that weighs 50 pounds or more because that would make it more difficult to use, carry, put in a car, etc…

Let’s call a spade a spade. I’m honest about my feelings and my argument. I don’t disguise it. You have feelings and a position, yet you seem hell bent on disgusting it. You say you’re not for taking peoples guns, yet you go on and on and on about reasons why people shouldn’t own them. You say you’re not for taking peoples guns, yet you go on and on and on about how no one you know owns one, and there’s no reason to own one, and you live in a city where guns aren’t needed. BE HONEST! If you believe in something, don’t candy coat it, admit it to yourself and others. “My name is limoric and I’m ANTI GUN!” Hello limoric … Be honest! We’ll all respect you even if we disagree with you.
limoric
23 years ago
Robby,

"Ok, I don’t live in Canada, and you don’t live in Atlanta, and neither one of us live in Iraq. So you’re saying, move to Canada! The crime is tolerable. Good for you! I hope you enjoy it, but I don’t live there and don’t’ wish to. Not saying it’s a bad place, just different strokes…"

Not saying move. The original post article mentioned other countries "IN COMPARISON". Your statement is proof you’re taking this personally.

Not different strokes, Different laws. That's what this debate is about, not what's better or who's better. You may debate, but don't be rude. Sorry politeness is something I'm used too, which is why I express my opinions with an open mind. The reason for debate is to find some common ground, yet still believe in our opinions. Not to argue till your blue in the face just for the sake of arguing. Debate breeds tolerance.

You agreed that people shouldn't carry loaded weapons and you choose not too. I hammered on that point, while advocating people’s rights to have handguns on their property, not in their car (unless locked and only for transport). That does not make me a hypocrite.

People not having handguns here is a very valid point in this debate that referenced other countries, including this one. You cannot carry them on you here with a permit; they cannot be concealed in your car without a transportation permit, which is required every time it is transported. People here don't have the sense that handguns are needed for protection, thus they are less popular, thus less people own them, and thus less people are killed.

You opposed every one of my statements, yet they were not directed at you. Because you share the belief that people should not carry loaded handguns (or any gun). Yet you defend people’s rights to carry and conceal weapons legally. So who's the Hypocrite? My comments were aimed at those cowboys who carry loaded concealed handguns just because it's their right. I know most don't, but a lot do. And for "COMARISON SAKE" citizens of other countries don't.

7 of the G8 countries don't have metal detectors in their inner city schools. "COMPARISON" you know debate the reason this topic was posted. So is my statement of gun problem not valid.

This is the 3rd time you've called me a liar. And on 2 of the other controversial posts you were called a hypocrite several times by different people. Not by me though, I for the most part accept others opinions without ridiculing.

This will be my last reply to one of your replies or posts. I'm not bitter though. It's just that your always right and no one can win with you. I also have a word that I'll ask if you know. It's AROGANCE.

I would not want to trade Paychecks with you as you often ask, because my money as worthless as it is, is more colourful.

I have yet to not find common ground with anyone on this board, except for you. So I'm letting you win.

SHOOT'M UP COWBOY







Homebrew
23 years ago
I travel, long distances daily, many times with a considerable amount of cash. Traveling with me is a old Colt 45. My grandfather carried it all over France, in WWII. I carry it now, and will use it if I need it.
Later
Dave (A.K.A. Homebrew)
Robby
23 years ago
You bet I take it personally! I believe very strongly and passionately about my right to keep and bear. I'm sure there are 5 dozen who didn't respond who feel the same, and probably an equal amount who feel the opposite. This is an issue evocative of passionate response...

I meant no disrespect, only passionate opinion and expression and fair disagreement.

"You agreed that people shouldn't carry loaded weapons and you choose not too." Lim, I NEVER agreed that people shouldn't carry loaded weapons. Please don't put those words in my mouth. I said people should not carry “illegal concealed" weapons. There is a HUGE difference, I chose my words very carefully and you chose to hear the ones you wished very carefully. Like saying people shouldn't drive without a license and equating that to "people shouldn't drive..."

“People here don't have the sense that handguns are needed for protection, thus they are less popular, thus less people own them, and thus less people are killed.”

Lim, following this, less is better than more? THEN NONE IS BETTER THAN LESS? RIGHT!? So if less is better, then why not NONE! Why not outlaw! ALL GUNS!? If less it better? Then none is better than less? Right?

“Because you share the belief that people should not carry loaded handguns (or any gun).” Lim, I never said this.

“My comments were aimed at those cowboys who carry loaded concealed handguns just because it's their right.” Hello? Hello? Is this thing on? Hello? I’ve said several times and I’ll say again, PEOPLE HERE DO NOT CARRY CONCEILED HANDGUNS WITHOUT A PERMIT! AND THOSE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE COMITTING CRIMES! LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN FOR EFFECT!! PEOPLE HERE DO NOT CARRY CONCEILED HANDGUNS WITHOUT A PERMIT! AND THOSE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE COMITTING CRIMES! LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN FOR EFFECT!! PEOPLE HERE DO NOT CARRY CONCEILED HANDGUNS WITHOUT A PERMIT! AND THOSE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE COMITTING CRIMES! LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN FOR EFFECT!! PEOPLE HERE DO NOT CARRY CONCEILED HANDGUNS WITHOUT A PERMIT! AND THOSE ARE NOT THE PEOPLE COMITTING CRIMES! LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN FOR EFFECT!!

I’m hopeful that it got through that time…

I’m not calling you a liar, I just want you to be honest. You are ANTI-GUN, that’s not a lie? And I’m not calling you a liar. It’s not a terrible thing. There are others reading these posts who are anti-gun. They admit it. I am pro-gun, I admit it. I defend my beliefs, I don’t hid them. It’s very clear, my opinions and beliefs.

Don’t have such a thin skin here, I’m not ridiculing you, I respect your right to disagree, you should respect mine.

If you choose not to reply, I understand, your argument is indefensible. It’s like defending bank robbery, or slavery. You cannot do it for long. I appreciate the fact that you’re weary of your argument if it is indefensible, but don’t blame me for the fact that you can’t or won’t defend a position that is indefensible. I’ll accept your lack of defense as a lack of a valid logical argument, not as the result of any perceived attack on my part or anyone else’s. That’s an excuse for a lack of a legitimate counter to the opinions I’ve expressed, nothing more, nothing less.

Keep your powder dry!!
Robby
23 years ago
oh, btw, did I mention? FRIDAY NIGHT IS MY DRINKING NIGHT!!! WOO WHO!!!
limoric
23 years ago
Firearm Statistics

Gun Injuries and Deaths Among Young People
In 1998 (the most recent year for which there are statistics) 10 young people a day died from gunshot.


Gun homicide is the fourth leading cause of death for young people 10-14 years of age and the second leading cause of death for young people 15-24. [National Center for Health Statistics, 1997.]


Gunshot wounds are the leading cause of death for both African-American and white teenage males [Journal of the American Medical Association].


One in six parents say they know a child who accidentally shot himself or herself with a gun [Harvard School of Public Health].



Guns and Suicide
A youth aged 10-19 committed suicide with a gun every six hours in 1995 -- 1,449 young people in one year [National Center for Health Statistics, 1997].


At a national level, emergency room data verify that suicide attempts with firearms are almost always fatal -- for every gun suicide, there is less than one nonfatal injury. [Journal of the American Medical Association, 1995].


Suicide is nearly 5 times more likely to occur in a household with a gun than in a household without a gun. [Kellerman, A.L. et al., N Engl J Med 327, 1993.]



The US Compared to Other Countries
In 1996, 2 people were murdered by handguns in New Zealand, 15 in Japan, 106 in Canada, 213 in Germany, and 9,390 in the United States. [FBI Uniform Crime Report]


Nine out of ten young people who are murdered in industrialized countries are slain in the United States [United Nations Children’s Fund report, "The Progress of Nations" quoted in St. Paul Pioneer Press, 9/26/93].



The US Compared to Other Countries
Guns kept in the home for self-protection are 43 times more likely to kill a family member or friend than to kill in self-defense. [ Kellermann and Reay, N.E. Journal of Medicine]


Every two years, more Americans die of gunshot than there were American soldiers killed during the entire Vietnam War [National Center for Health Statistics, Department of Defense Almanac].

http://www.athealth.com/Consumer/issues/gunviolencestats.html 
limoric
23 years ago

cooksta2,

You will not get an argument from me. Your not saying it's OK to carry a loaded gun in the glovebox of your car. Apparently there are people offended by my not wanting to own a gun for the sole purpose of defending myself.

Unfortunatly there are 3x more people killed with guns every day than that old man killed.

I'm not saying ban guns as others try to point out. Gun control can be made better.

Robby
23 years ago
Lim, I could post disputes to many if not all of those posts from the NRAs site... And some of those stats "don't pass the smell test"...

For instance, when they talk about young men being killed, they're including in that number the gang bangers in the inner cities who's life is a day to day war punctuated by brief periods of drug induced sleep... However, those with an agenda, i.e., "ban guns" don't wino those stats out because they don't help their cause.

Everyone knows the number one killer of teenagers is automobile accidents..

However, on a search for "number one killer of young people" on google, I find:

http://www.cspinet.org/booze/samptest.html 
"In our country, we have seen a number of encouraging trends in recent years. Adults are drinking less, and drunk driving has shown a steady decline. Despite this good news, alcohol still ranks as the number-one addicting drug, the number-one cause of preventable birth defects, and the number-one killer of young people ages 16-24. Excessive alcohol consumption is America's costliest drug problem."

So let's get on board with prohibition? Don't you think that would save more lives than "better gun control" (code).

Here's another;

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/outreach/safedige/winter2002/W02_W20_VA.htm 
"Motor vehicle crashes continue to be the number one killer of young people today."

Here's another;

"Despite tremendous progress in research and patient care, cancer remains the number-one killer of young people"

The fact is, each of these groups has "an agenda" and they report the facts distilled through a prism to suite their needs.

The fact also remains that there is no constitutional amendment for the right to keep and bear automobiles, booze, or not to get cancer.

It appears from the lack of independent material here that you’re getting your big brother to fight your battle? I.e., a long C&P on antigun rhetoric as opposed to independent thought? I know that sounds like at attack, reads like one, but it’s not intended as one. I’m simply saying I could go to numerous sources on the web and post from their pages in response, but that’s not going to do anything to express “my” views. And many of the links as I said twist and misreport statistics to suit their own needs.
limoric
23 years ago
http://www.cspinet.org/booze/samptest.html 
"In our country, we have seen a number of encouraging trends in recent years. Adults are drinking less, and drunk driving has shown a steady decline. Despite this good news, alcohol still ranks as the number-one addicting drug,"

Drunk driving in country, Europe and Austrailia down aswell. It's called stiffer fines and penelties. A type of control.

[National Center for Health Statistics, 1997.]
[Journal of the American Medical Association].
[National Center for Health Statistics, Department of Defense Almanac].

Yes these organizations twist the facts every day. I am going to write to them and tell to make sure it states in their studies that although handguns kill more than any other weapon, Car accidents and Cancer kills more.

In 1996, 2 people were murdered by handguns in New Zealand, 15 in Japan, 106 in Canada, 213 in Germany, and 9,390 in the United States. [FBI Uniform Crime Report]

I know that these stats were just made up. Hmmmm Japan has 150 million population 15 murders. Strange...

Canada has always had stronger firearms regulation than the United States, particularly with respect to handguns. In Canada, handguns have been licensed and registered since the 1930’s, ownership of guns has never been regarded as a right and several court rulings have reaffirmed the right of the government to protect citizens from guns. Handgun ownership has been restricted to police, members of gun clubs or collectors. Very few (about 50 in the country) have been given permits to carry handguns for "self-protection." This is only possible if an applicant can prove that their life is in danger and the police cannot protect them.

As a result, Canada has roughly 1 million handguns while the United States has more than 76 million. While there are other factors affecting murder, suicide and unintentional injury rates, a comparison of data in Canada and the United States suggests that access to handguns may play a role. While the murder rate without guns in the US is roughly equivalent (1.8 times) to that of Canada, the murder rate with handguns is 14.5 times the Canadian rate. The costs of firearms death and injury in the two countries have been compared and estimated to be $495 (US) per resident in the United States compared to $195 per resident in Canada.

Arming For Self Protection Does not Work

The easiest response to suggestions that Canadian civilians need guns to protect themselves is to look south to the US to see where arming for self protection leads. While rates of violence in the US are comparable to countries such as Canada, Australia and Great Britain, rates of lethal violence are much higher. For example, murders without guns in the US are about 40% higher (1.4 times the rate) than in Canada while murders WITH handguns are 1500% higher (15 times the rate).

Statistics compiled from Centre for Justice Statistics; FBI Uniform Crime Reporting Data, Bureau of Justice Statistics, Statistics Canada Homicide Survey; Research and Statistics Division Department of Justice (Kwing Hung) June 2001


Hmmm... Murder rate without guns more or less the same. Muder rate with guns way diferent. Strange...

John Lott, More Guns Less Crime, University of Chicago

University of Chicago Professor John Lott's "More Guns Less Crime", claims that allowing civilians to carry concealed weapons reduces crime. This conclusion runs counter to the bulk of refereed research which shows a direct relationship, among developed countries, between the rate of gun ownership and firearm death. In fact, Lott's study has been widely critiqued by academics, such as Dr. Daniel Webster from the John Hopkins Center for Gun Policy and Research, who cited several methodological and factual flaws, and errors in the statistical models used in the analysis.
Lott's advice following the Jonesboro, Arkansas shootings where an 11 and 13 year old killed 4 school children and their teacher is also revealing: "Allowing teachers and other law-abiding adults to carry concealed handguns in schools would not only make it easier to stop shootings in progress. It would also help deter shootings from ever occurring." Few criminologists or crime prevention experts in Canada or the US would share this view.

"By our readiness to allow arms to be purchased at will and fired at whim; by allowing our movies and television screens to teach our children that the hero is one who masters the art of shooting and the technique of killing... we have created an atmosphere in which violence and hatred have become popular past times" - Martin Luther King, November, 1963

Japan: Japan has a level of community safety which is unmatched by most of the world and reinforced by strong cultural norms. Japan had fewer gun deaths in all of 1995 than occur in an average day in the United States. In 1995, Japan had a total of 168 firearms shootings, in which 34 people were killed and 33 were injured. However, the Japanese are concerned about what they perceive as an escalation in violence.

Gun related crimes have threatened to undermine the fabric of Japan’s peaceful society. A peaceful and safe society is a common desire of the people. In order to stop the spread of firearms and prevent the tragedy of gun-related crimes, it is imperative that each person understand the danger and the anti-social nature of firearms and resolves to eliminate gun-related crimes.

Switzerland: Opponents of gun control often use Switzerland as evidence that access to guns is not linked to crime or violence. They argue that since virtually all adult males are members of the army and have military weapons, there is nearly universal access to deadly weapons yet few gun-related problems in Switzerland. However, Swiss criminologist Martin Killias, of the Université de Lausanne, argues that the rate of households with firearms is actually comparable to that of Canada (27.2%). There is strict screening of army officers and ammunition is stored in sealed boxes and inspected regularly. Despite these controls, Switzerland has rates of gun suicide second only to the US among the countries Killias surveyed and a gun murder rate comparable to Canada's. Although firearms regulations in Switzerland is fragmented and controlled at the regional level, wide ranging reforms are being undertaken to establish national standards.

1. Firearms in Alberta - the Problem

Alberta's average rate of firearm death between 1990 and 1997 is well above the Canadian average.

A new research document released by the Canadian Firearms Centre shows that Alberta’s average annual rate of firearm death (5.8 per 100,000) is well above the Canadian average (4.3 per 100,000).(Kwing Hung. Firearms Statistics (Jurisdictional Tables).March 2000)

Alberta's rate of children killed with guns is more than double the national average and it is in fact comparable to the combined rates of Israel and Northern Ireland.

Alberta has more guns than any other provence
Alberta population 3 million
Ontario population 11 million
Quebec population 8 million

Alberta has less general crime and less homicide than Ontario and Quebec yet more people die from gun related deaths.

Oh good Gang banger analogy. I forgot they don't count and don't present a problem.
eleltea
23 years ago
Those who beat their swords into plowshares
Will plow for those who don't.
usahog
23 years ago
The Control is... 2nd Amendment Rights passed down by our forfathers and carried on by our Experienced Youth... We're not going to change Our Constitution and one of the reasons why is because we have the right to Bear Arms!!!!! So lets stop beating this dead horse to death... It's my Right to Bear Arms and it is also my Right to know how to use them... I love to Hunt and like cooksta said I prefer to make the Criminal the Statistic here!!!!

Hog
limoric
23 years ago

What does hunting have to do with handguns being in the hands of the wrong person?

The # of hunting Riffles owned in other industrialized nations is a bout the same as the US. Death rates by handguns are more than 1500% higher. So what your saying is, there's no problem, let's all just have a parade in the most dangerous neighborhoods in America wielding our guns with pride.

Gun's stored properly and not loaded in public aren't a problem. There is higher rural gun ownership, yet more people are killed in urban areas. Oh, I guess theirs no problem.
Robby
23 years ago
limoric, you continue to disguise your position. Here it is, "no one should be allowed to own handguns because they are easily concealable and can be used to kill people. No one should own guns with the expressed purpose of killing people (read defense), rather they should ONLY own guns for hunting..."

And on hunting, what about PETA? Oh yeah, we can't leave them out, they believe strongly that hunting is WRONG! Therefore, to accommodate all of those liberal bed wetters who want to take our guns for "defensive purposes" and the liberal bed wetters who want to take our guns so we don't kill poor defenseless animals, we should pass laws making it illegal to own any firearm of any kind. That will make everyone happy with the exception of myself and 90% of the people in the US reading this post... Good idea though, that will put an end to gun crime, just make them illegal! Why in the Sam Hill didn't I think of that!!?? Weeeeeee!

Not implying you have issues with incontinence, it’s just an expression of speech used to describe some of our less conservative brothers. For instance, some may consider me a red meat, right wing wacko.

Thanks for the idea, I’m writing my congressmen tomorrow and telling him to outlaw all firearms so we can save our children. To hell with my own children and my current barbaric rights to defend them, the public’s right to safety is paramount here and they will clearly be safer if I turn in my guns…
limoric
23 years ago
Robby,

Do you just choose to read the and interpet the things you want. I never said ban guns. Gun ownwership in the industrialized nations are fairly even with the exception of handguns. Why are you more than 10x more likely to be killed with a gun in America. Could it be Gun control, you know laws. The kind that don't ban guns, but control their use and track ownership.

"And on hunting, what about PETA? Oh yeah, we can't leave them out, they believe strongly that hunting is WRONG! Therefore, to accommodate all of those liberal bed wetters who want to take our guns for "defensive purposes" and the liberal bed wetters who want to take our guns so we don't kill poor defenseless animals, we should pass laws making it illegal to own any firearm of any kind. That will make everyone happy with the exception of myself and 90% of the people in the US reading this post... Good idea though, that will put an end to gun crime, just make them illegal! Why in the Sam Hill didn't I think of that!!?? Weeeeeee!"

Who gives a $hit about them. What do they have to do with the fact handguns are more readily accessible to youth in urban area's than other guns. I don't think the youth are using those guns to hunt animals. "hey there it went, in that skyscraper, shoot. Oh sorry buddy, I ment to kill the Deer not blow your childs head off, I'll shoot more carefully next time. That's OK Gangbanger, I have a gun too. I can see how that could happen. I'll just have an other child, have a good day. What a stupid analogy, I love eating Deer, Moose and other wild game. and if were invited, I would go hunting. I don't carry a handgun in my glove box because it is the law, you know gun control, not banning. If I wanted to own a handgun I could go through the read tape and get one. If I loved them enough, I would. But since I don't feel I and most other Canadians feel they don't need to protect themselves, why bother. Hmmmm seems like that bit of gun control works. If I wanted to buy a hunting riffle, I could obtain one in less than a day.

This sort of gun control supports our death by gun stats, whether it be murder suicide or accident. Other countries that have the same gun control laws and share the same stats. How can you argue with amending laws that could save childrens lives whom are the prodominate victims.

Thanks for the idea, I’m writing my congressmen tomorrow and telling him to outlaw all firearms so we can save our children. To hell with my own children and my current barbaric rights to defend them, the public’s right to safety is paramount here and they will clearly be safer if I turn in my guns…

America is the only industrialized country where people feel they need to protect themselves with handguns and more people are killed by those guns. Wake up, other industrialized nations are not paranoid. They don't have problems with guns.

This isn't about banning guns or taking your 15 guns away from you. Did you read the stats by your Department of Justice and FBI.

We own Guns here so do the Japanise. There is a very low rate of killing with them. How do you supose that is. You have all the answers for why Americans should be able to carry guns on their bodies or in glove box. Give me some answers as to why the other G7 countries don't have high handgun death rates when they have the same % of all other types of guns.

Kids are mostly getting killed, not adults. Even If you take all the gangs out of the stats, the %'s are still sky high. More die from accident and suicide than murder.

By the way, when I said legally concealed guns earlier, that means with permit. however, I enjoyed your drama in trying to explain it to me. Also you say, "don't you get it, people here don't carry concealed handguns. Don't you referrence you Department of Justice stats and FBI stats before you say that. You have the impression that I think you all carry gun's. Ah, well I know that isn't true genious.

"limoric, you continue to disguise your position."

Thanks for telling me how I think. With all the millions you make super successful guy. Maybe you learned to read along the way. I'm for contoling guns not banning them. there is a differnce. I don't have to choose on way or the other.

I don't mean to be rude, it's not my nature. But really. You would not change a single law that saved lives and made the world a safer place even if it didn't effect your rights personally. oh the constitution says I have the legal right to blow some ones head off in self- defense, so I have guns just in case. By the way when that happens, you can take the use the 5th ammendment.

I do know someone that owns a handgun. He is a collegue in an other office. He's an x-cop, his gun is locked up in the gun club even though it is his right to have it at home. He does not feel he needs to carry it with him for protection. He thinks that's nut's. He is one of the few that could obtain a carry permit because he's an x-cop.
Robby
23 years ago
Here's a few very direct questions for you, try to answer them in a very direct manner.

1. Do you believe handguns should be banned?

2. Do you believe people who own handguns should be allowed to possess them legally in their car, or on their person with a permit?

Very direct questions. No stats, no cut and paste, no adjectives. Just two verrrry direct questions.
Robby
23 years ago
They can be answered in a word, no need for a paragraph, sighting other countries, other people, public safety, etc... There's two answers to each qstn, "yes" or "no". No meatloaf may say “Let me sleep on it, baby baby let me sleep on it. Let me sleep on it, I’ll give you an answer in the morning….”

But Lim, I gotta know right now!!
Users browsing this topic