MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
I went to test drive the Infiniti G35 yesterday and wound up driving home in the showroom floor model!

Loaded to the gills with the premium AND sports packages. 200 watt Bose stereo system and more gizmos and gadgets than i'll probably ever figure out how to use...

260 hp and 260 lb ft of torque. Get in, sit down, shut up and HOLD ON! 🙂

Yeaup... Shawn's like a little kid with a new toy.
cexshun
21 years ago
Quite a nice car. Very popular in the drift circuit! From the power numbers, looks like you got the automatic model. Man, I'd love to get behind the wheel of the G35 6 speed manual! Or even better, the GS35 X all wheel drive model... drewl...

Motor Trend ran the manual at a 14.68 in the 1/4 mile. Calculating in the power loss from the auto tranny, probably runs low 15s stock. Pretty nice! Have fun and congrats!

Wear your seatbelt.
sketcha
21 years ago
Nice numbers. My old Avalon states 200/210 and it's pretty quick itself. That thing must be fun as hell.

Enjoy, MACS.
THL
  • THL
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Great cars. Lots o' fun. Need radar detector.
EI
  • EI
  • Herf-A-Holic
21 years ago
Kewl
Almost as much power as my F250 w/ power stroke diesel 325 hp and 560 lbs torque

How much will it tow?






Just kidding
Gene363
21 years ago
Save up a little more and buy a Corvette.
jackconrad
21 years ago
Awesome, I had 2 Maxima's and waitin for a deal. We just got our first Iinfinity dealer last year,Bobby Rahal, and my son -inlaw just happens to work there as a mechanic,Hmmmm.
donutboy2000
21 years ago
Gene,

MACS just got a great new car. Why are you putting it down? The Corvette is a completely different vehicle and about $15 - $20K more. Be happy for the guy.
Gene363
21 years ago
donutboy2000

I am not putting his car down at all. If you really like,

“Get in, sit down, shut up and HOLD ON! :-)”

a Corvette is all about that, and it is made in the USA.

MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Not to worry donutboy, or Gene... I ain't takin' it personal or anything. 🙂

To each their own, I happen to like this particular car. If i'd wanted a Corvette, I would have bought one.
Gene363
21 years ago
MACS,

Thanks.

Now will you smoke cigars in that new ride?
;-)
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
cexshun
21 years ago
Yeah, what gene said. I hear the **** removal tool that is necessary before the purchase of a corvette is quite painless.
KNOF
21 years ago
Congrats MACS(SW)!!!

Nice! Do we get to see the car in any pictures soon, or dowe have to hunt for it in all the existing pics?
Burky4467
21 years ago
MACS-
I have the G35 Sedan and I love it. Speed, quickness and very sharp looking. I wanted the coupe but with a three year old it was not practical. Beleive me, the next one is a coupe. Wish the interior was a little nicer but thats where I think they cut corners to get that car at $30,000 to $34,000 depending on the x-tras. Enjoy it, it is an awesome ride. I love mine!
Burky
dapperdan
21 years ago
Nice, Road & Track last year rated the sedan #1 in its class. Those Japs build some nice cars, after what the Germans did I would buy Jap made over German made any day.
I was heading to work the other day I drive the palms to pines Hwy to Palm Desert from San Diego in a blown mustang about 400 HP. This kid pulled in behind me in a Mitsubishi lancer, I passed a truck he followed suit and I expected to leave him in the dust I could not pull away from him.I wanted to stop and ask what mods he had done but when we got down to the desert all lights were green and we both went on our way giving each other thumbs up. I will have respect for those Jap imports from now on.
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Burky.. my interior is quite nice. I got the perforated leather seats and all the stuff that comes with the premium package, plus the sports package which includes better rims and tires and a beefed up suspension. Its got power/electric everything, the sun/moon roof... the only thing I did not get was the Navigation system, but I didn't want it. I DID want the full size spare, but this particular model with both packages I wanted didn't have the full size spare... I asked him to take one out of another car that did, but the trunk configuration is a little different, so I got a rather large donut instead. No big deal though. I am very pleased with the car.
bloody spaniard
21 years ago
WTG, Shawn! You deserve it buddy!
Got a BOSE system, eh? Will it play my 8-tracks? LOL

Ya got me thinking...Now, if you can just convince my wife that it would make a perfect third car for us...


Burky4467
21 years ago
MACS,
I'm smoking gars in mine now!!! I love it and the new car smell still drowns out the cigars, for now!
Burky
MACS
  • MACS
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
21 years ago
Bloody... this one IS my third. The wife has a 2002 Civic EX and the son is inheriting my 95 Nissan pickup.

Pretty big step up from a little bitty pickup to a G35... 🙂
Users browsing this topic