schusler
14 years ago

Finally! The insanity may be slowing down. Just won a box of Toros for $61. It will only add $2 to my freight charge this week, so that's like saving $7 over buying them from the mother ship with the free shipping link.

dpnewell wrote:


thats like getting 20 extra inches of cigar for 3 bucks vs the robustos
critter2
14 years ago

Seen Liga privada mentioned a couple times in this thread. Just smoked one and IMO a poor mans liga this is not....that being said I just ordered another box

schusler wrote:



yeah, u r correct. smoked another one this afternoon, about an hour after finishing a tat miami. it is a good smoke but nothing extraordinary. will bury 2 boxes for a year and revisit.
KingoftheCove
14 years ago
sister has the sampler on the DD now - (8 sticks, 2 of each vitola) for $29.95, free shipping
less than $3.75/stick delivered.......not too bad
a chance for me to try all vitolas before plunking down for fivers or a box
riverdog
14 years ago
Once again I put my high bid at $58 for grins and giggles, and I'm grinning and giggling again. Sitting at $64. lmao
KingoftheCove
14 years ago

Once again I put my high bid at $58 for grins and giggles, and I'm grinning and giggling again. Sitting at $64. lmao

riverdog wrote:


heh.........look at what some are bidding/paying for singles and fivers 🤦
the sister deal looks even sweeter.....
dpnewell
14 years ago

Once again I put my high bid at $58 for grins and giggles, and I'm grinning and giggling again. Sitting at $64. lmao

riverdog wrote:



Jamie,
I just arrived at the RV about an hour ago. Brought down some Robs, so you can give these a try before bidding again. My Toros where delivered today up in Jersey, so we're out of luck on them.

As long as everything goes as planned, we'll be here through Friday night, back and forth between the RV and the house. If you can find some time to stop by, let me know when, and I'll work my schedule around you.
dpnewell
14 years ago

heh.........look at what some are bidding/paying for singles and fivers 🤦
the sister deal looks even sweeter.....

KingoftheCove wrote:



Not too bad, but I did get a box of Robs from the MS for $59.95 shipped, and won a box of Toros here for $61 + 2.25 shipping. Actually, I'm waiting for these to show up on FF. If they follow the pattern of simularly priced smokes, I'm guessing $22.50/10 for the robs, and $25/10 for the toros. Probabaly shouldn't hold my breath though.
KingoftheCove
14 years ago
The sister site deal was good for me - because i wanted a crack at all the vitolas before buying more....with the free shipping (USPS - so it gets here quick) I'm not paying too much a premium over box prices, which I didn't want to risk............not that any of this matters anyways.....not gonna smoke one until Thanksgiving, maybe......

Actually, I'm waiting for these to show up on FF. If they follow the pattern of simularly priced smokes, I'm guessing $22.50/10 for the robs, and $25/10 for the toros. Probabaly shouldn't hold my breath though.

dpnewell wrote:



idk......it's still a "hot" item and will be priced accordingly for the near term.......
my guesses.....
reset for the rob - $28.50
reset for the toro - $32.00
dpnewell
14 years ago
Actually the sister site was a good deal. Came out to exactly the same as buying a box of each using the free shipping link.
riverdog
14 years ago

Jamie,
I just arrived at the RV about an hour ago. Brought down some Robs, so you can give these a try before bidding again. My Toros where delivered today up in Jersey, so we're out of luck on them.

As long as everything goes as planned, we'll be here through Friday night, back and forth between the RV and the house. If you can find some time to stop by, let me know when, and I'll work my schedule around you.

dpnewell wrote:



Mid to late afternoon Thursday...... maybe. I'll holler.🇨🇮
dpnewell
14 years ago

Mid to late afternoon Thursday...... maybe. I'll holler.🇨🇮

riverdog wrote:



Awesome! I'll try not to smoke through your "package" before then, lol.
riverdog
14 years ago

Awesome! I'll try not to smoke through your "package" before then, lol.

dpnewell wrote:



Burn em down brother, burn em down.:-)
ZRX1200
14 years ago
Smoked one robbie OTT.

first inch was really good, but a bit fresh after that.

Sticks&Ash
14 years ago
I've been wanting to try these for awhile.. anybody up t trading me a few of these i wanna buy a couple boxes but i just gotta smoke at least one before i pull the trigger i got a pretty good selection of sticks please send me a PM if interested? Thanks...
SRH1
  • SRH1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Seems these have caught on and have some staying power......

This is the first thread I'm aware of for "the project"......
Hillbillyjosh770
12 years ago
From the growers perspective, I have heard you make less money when you stalk cut your crop.
If this being the case, why would they do that?

Bad crop?

SRH1
  • SRH1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

From the growers perspective, I have heard you make less money when you stalk cut your crop.
If this being the case, why would they do that?

Bad crop?

Hillbillyjosh770 wrote:



FYI.....I was originally told by a CI staffer before these were released that the tobacco was stalk cut, but someone from C-bid indicated the tobacco for the project is NOT stalk cut.

Buckwheat
12 years ago

I haven't ordered any yet, as I remember other smokes that where great pre-release, but the actual production sticks where a big disapointment. Let's see what folks have to say about production sticks.

dpnewell wrote:



=d>
youngra
12 years ago
Got a couple of the ashtrays (6 plus the ashtray) resting from last year and a couple of 5er's. Nice smoking, good flavor cigar - I like 'em!

RY
🇨🇮
Users browsing this topic