Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
So I think I have this figured out. I am going to use a 80mm 12v fan on the bottom that has 3 different speed setting. It moved 20 cubic feet per min on the low setting. This fan would move air through the bottom section where I would keep boxes and through the drawers where you store singles. Above the drawers I am going to put a 40mm 12v fan that move less air but will only need to move air through the top section which is just boxes. I need to find a timer so I can have this thing kick on ever couple of hours for a few min and a 12v converter for the fans.
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago

So I think I have this figured out. I am going to use a 80mm 12v fan on the bottom that has 3 different speed setting. It moved 20 cubic feet per min on the low setting. This fan would move air through the bottom section where I would keep boxes and through the drawers where you store singles. Above the drawers I am going to put a 40mm 12v fan that move less air but will only need to move air through the top section which is just boxes. I need to find a timer so I can have this thing kick on ever couple of hours for a few min and a 12v converter for the fans.

Ndill wrote:



I got light timers that plug into the outlet from depot or lowes and it was cheap and came with tons of options in a small price range. The one I got has 15 minute intervals
danmdevries
12 years ago

I spliced a cell phone charger cord to three computer fans and put them on different shelves

bajabound wrote:



Yup. They dont need much power, a decent 12v 0.5-1a transformer should be sufficient. Check the fan specs, but 1a should run two fans.

If you need transformers, I have a coffee can full of em.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

I got light timers that plug into the outlet from depot or lowes and it was cheap and came with tons of options in a small price range. The one I got has 15 minute intervals

Puffnstuff79 wrote:


Yep that is the plan



I need to think of a good/cool way to mount the fans. I want the away from the humi to the can "pull" air. Have thought about using a box with a attached lid and mounting the fan in the center of the lid and placing the top at a 45 degree angle and set the box to one side of the humi. Any ideas are appreciated.
spectresquad
12 years ago
Heat from ac adapter


None that you have to worry about it plugs into the wall and the wire goes through the back of the cabinet. the tiniest of holes is needed to pass the wire through.

🌫
Users browsing this topic