charliebarr
11 years ago
I was told and it even comes in lttle instruction papers not to use ronsons..use a quality triple or so refined butane,which I use xicar..8$ approx dollar or so higher than cheaper stuff
Puffnstuff79
11 years ago
Xikar single flame. Don't do big RG so much so it's great for touch ups and the figurado, solomon, etc foots that need that special touch. Saving my Bugatti triple flame for if I need to send off the Xikar to get fixed. Got a window pane Xikar about a week ago that I haven't been using yet.

Window pane story: buy it from a guy on ebay who listed it as new. It came with a few scratches on it and a bit of butane. I msg him and he says it wasn't on purpose. He asks what kind of cigars I like so he can send me one. Hook line and sinker, he ships me a Hemingway, another AF, and a 64 PAN in a 3-finger leather case. Now I get to start a little feud. HOWEVER, wouldn't it be nice for him to be blind-sided with a little note: DONT MESS WITH CBIDDERS!!! Sent from someone else? Noob/PIB here I come.
stogiemonger
11 years ago
Buy $10 lighters here about 3 times per year, and some good clean fuel. Done.
charliebarr
11 years ago
If you go on amazon I believe that Bugatti triple is 10 $ plus shipping or cbid has too I think...but mine has held up through a few long drops alot of sticks and clean ...imo. as I been told...ALOT...no ronson fuel....but mine are copper..black...silver...silver double and triple I think is right ...but I really think its nice lighter .....just my 2.3 cents
charliebarr
11 years ago

I have been frustrated over the years with butane lighters. Almost every one, for one reason or the other, stops working. Some I have bought and some I have received as a "package deal" with a box of cigars. They all suck. I have, as a result, been using disposable Bic lighters which function well (but not as well as a torch lighter.) The advantage of this is that I don't have to worry about repairs, maintenance or "warranties." I know this is not "green" which must upset some of my liberal friends and tree-huggers, but, at present, I see no other way. Any suggestions that don't cost a bundle???


🤔

QMPASH wrote:


If you wish send me ur addy ill send u lighter ....hows that?you just buy the quad refined butane.....???
Puffnstuff79
11 years ago
Bugatti CEO I got on here for iirc $17. Xikar single, stairs ashtray, and xi2 cutter in a package for about $30<------one of my best deals imho
KingoftheCove
11 years ago
Bought a couple of the Colibri "disposable" cartridge models......they quit selling the lighter here (I think) but still sell the refill tanks...
learned how to refill the "disposable" tank (easy)
been very happy with these....a couple years now
single flame....but adjustable....nice lighter
Philly Jack
11 years ago

I have the quad flame Jetline and never had an issue with it.

LetsRock wrote:


Same here works better then my more expensive ones
charliebarr
11 years ago
http://knoppix.net/store/item-price2.php?itemID=171534703455 
Here is for 20 $....also have source in pa..for them...again if you want I send u one if it helps u out..just pm me ...got extra
mikey1597
11 years ago
Wish I'd known youse were lookin for a durn good lighter........................
dlandri21
11 years ago
What kinda butane were you using? I used to buy ronsons butane from 7-11 and it would clog my lighters without fail. After switchiing to xikar butane i've never had.a problem. I have a moretti quad lighter and it seems to work just fine
charliebarr
11 years ago
Xicar butane I have used goin on 2 yrs. And zero issues...both lighters r bugatti...2001_2002. Double burners which I see have went up alot on amazon and other sites,though mine come from a now friend off of ebay...very nice stuff she carries...if anyone would like ill post?
fishy1
11 years ago
xikar executive II.... i think i paid $16 here about a year and half ago ish.... single flame torch, and still works like a champ. i especially like the side ignition. if it quit tomorrow id figure i had my $16 worth and id buy another in a heartbeat.
QMPASH
  • QMPASH
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
11 years ago

What kinda butane were you using? I used to buy ronsons butane from 7-11 and it would clog my lighters without fail. After switchiing to xikar butane i've never had.a problem. I have a moretti quad lighter and it seems to work just fine

dlandri21 wrote:


I also use Xikar and still have problems.
QMPASH
  • QMPASH
  • Aficionado Topic Starter
11 years ago
👅


I just love trollers who have nothing better to do than waste your time.
Burner02
11 years ago
Jetlines are great but the Ronson jet lites are hard to beat for the $3 at Wally World.
Abrignac
11 years ago

Jetlines are great but the Ronson jet lites are hard to beat for the $3 at Wally World.

Burner02 wrote:




Which reminds me. I need to pick up a handful.
Bass man
11 years ago
This topic always makes me laugh! First stop buying cheap butane! And yeah xikar butane is actually not as good as you think it is. Two buy a flint light if you don't mind soft flames and with torches well don't buy xikar! Personally I've owned a ton of lighters because I misplace them a lot. But I'm a st dupont fan and a vector fan. Vector fuel uses 10% propane so in cold weather it works well and all around burns cleaner. Where as xikar claimed they were near zero impurities and now claim twice that.
tonygraz
11 years ago

... Where as xikar claimed they were near zero impurities and now claim twice that....

Bass man wrote:




Now exactly what is twice "near zero" ?
Users browsing this topic