zerohourhero
10 years ago
Just found out that the store by my house finally has Goslings Ginger Beer in stock, so I can now make my favorite drink a lot easier. The drink is:

The Dark And Stormy
3 1/3 oz Ginger Beer,
Couple dashes of bitters,
2 oz Dark Rum (I prefer Kraken)

Rum 1st, Then Bitters, Then top off with the Ginger Beer. Garnish with lime if youre into garnish.

What mixed drinks do you guys like?
frankj1
10 years ago
shorter list of what we don't like.
banderl
10 years ago
DaQueenBeez
10 years ago
White Russian mmmmmmmm....
zerohourhero
10 years ago
My simple drink is a double rum and coke, or SoCo and coke.
fiddler898
10 years ago
Bone dry Shapphire martini, up with a twist. (I have an English teacher friend who says she wants to diagram my drink order sentences.)
sd72
10 years ago
1 part glass.

2 parts bourbon.
kip5166@gmail.com
10 years ago
Usually a bourbon or Scotch guy, but once in a while, get a craving for dirty martini, love the olive brine with the gin, and put about 3 or 4 of those big queen olives in, usually mix it and chill in the fridge for a bit
opelmanta1900
10 years ago
Once upon a time I drank a lot of gin and gin inspired drinks...

The Jamaican Glow

1 part Meyers Dark Rum
2 parts Sapphire Gin
3 parts Merlot
Topped off with orange juice
zerohourhero
10 years ago

Bone dry Shapphire martini, up with a twist. (I have an English teacher friend who says she wants to diagram my drink order sentences.)

fiddler898 wrote:



That is my other "Fancy drink" A bone dry (just show the vermouth bottle to the glass) dirty martini with Hendricks Small Batch preferably.
frankj1
10 years ago

That is my other "Fancy drink" A bone dry (just show the vermouth bottle to the glass) dirty martini with Hendricks Small Batch preferably.

zerohourhero wrote:


for my tastes, olives do not go well with Hendrcks due to the cucumber essence...but a slice of cucumber works in a Hendricks martini.
SmokeMonkey
10 years ago
While I am typically a vodka rocks garnished with lime or bourbon or scotch on the rocks guy, and those technically aren't cocktails, my cocktail preference would be a vodka martini (or Kangaroo for you purists). I did try something I enjoyed recently, though. Didn't catch the name but it was cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño muddled, then add him and a dash of simple syrup, shake and serve. Very interesting favors.
delta1
10 years ago

Molotov!

banderl wrote:




knew it would be on the list...
delta1
10 years ago

While I am typically a vodka rocks garnished with lime or bourbon or scotch on the rocks guy, and those technically aren't cocktails, my cocktail preference would be a vodka martini (or Kangaroo for you purists). I did try something I enjoyed recently, though. Didn't catch the name but it was cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño muddled, then add him and a dash of simple syrup, shake and serve. Very interesting favors.

SmokeMonkey wrote:




Before I taste it, I need to know who "him" is...[-(
frankj1
10 years ago

Didn't catch the name but it was cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño muddled, then add him and a dash of simple syrup, shake and serve. Very interesting favors.

SmokeMonkey wrote:



with what? Vodka?
shaun341
10 years ago

While I am typically a vodka rocks garnished with lime or bourbon or scotch on the rocks guy, and those technically aren't cocktails, my cocktail preference would be a vodka martini (or Kangaroo for you purists). I did try something I enjoyed recently, though. Didn't catch the name but it was cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño muddled, then add him and a dash of simple syrup, shake and serve. Very interesting favors.

SmokeMonkey wrote:



That sounds good might have to try that one. Been on a bloody mary kick lately and there is this vodka my bro in law gets which I forget the name of the maker but its called Ghost Vodka and it goes excellent with just about any bloody mary mix but I like the Ubon bloody mary bbq mix.
zerohourhero
10 years ago
My big thing is I've wanted to try a proper Mint Julep for a decade now and have yet to find a place that makes one in my area.
tonygraz
10 years ago
Zombie but the one I like has too many ingredients to keep on hand, so a 151 rum coke.
themunmypaw
10 years ago
Gin and tonic with a lime. Gotta be London dry gin though. I also enjoy bourbon and scotch though.
SmokeMonkey
10 years ago

with what? Vodka?

frankj1 wrote:


Sorry for leaving the crucial ingredient out. Gin. In my case Bombay Sapphire.
Users browsing this topic