RMAN4443
9 years ago
My favorite vehicle is an '86 Harley FLT........just not a very good year round vehicle up here in N.H.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago

My buddies mom had a 87 quattro station wagon with a inline 5 cylinder motor I believe. What an awesome car, did great in the snow with stock tires

ZRX1200 wrote:




Yes, you are correct. All Quatros were turbo-intercooled I5 engines. It evolved over the 10-11 year run of the car, but it was always that same I5 configuration. No alternate engines were offered that I know of.
grmcooper
9 years ago
I have a innie
ZRX1200
9 years ago
My buddies mom got a Subaru X-10 (2 door sporty-ish wedge coupe) it cost her a ton more money than the Audi.

BTW Jonsie, the Rubicon has lower gears (transfer) and 44 Danas at both ends. Only real difference in the drive train from other Wranglers. Your friend got a lemon or drives like a moron who should only own auto transmissions.
namadio
9 years ago
Do you consider yourself to be brand loyal when it comes to your vehicle purchases?

Idk. I lean towards American trucks but would consider Toyota Tundra. Like GM the best
I like german cars, especially BMW.

What cars have you owned over the years?

1996 Ford Taurus GL
1999 Dodge Intrepid w/ **** 2.7l grenade motor but actually ran pretty strong for me for 180k miles. I tried to sell it back to Dodge as they were fighting a lawsuit about a 2.7 L engine sludge recall and I'd only done oil changes at long intervals and flushed the transmission fluid once. They never replied to my repeated inquiries.
1999 Dodge Durango
2003 Ford Taurus
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - around 90-100k had electrical problems with the 4wd shift button and it would randomly drop into 4wd Lo while I was on the fuggin highway. Sold shortly after as didn't trust the damage that was done from that happening a few times. This one was assembled in mexico

What cars do you own now?
2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT such a rust bucket so much rust rust rust rust 185k miles and still my truck for now. I've replaced lots of stuff and done head gaskets. Something new is falling off daily
2008 BMW 328xi - costly sensors but I think all sensors/cars are that way these days. have been able to do most of the work myself. friend has BMW software that's real expensive to recode stuff
2016 Volvo XC90 - (woman's car) very expensive, very luxurious and comfortable. I'd have never paid that much for something I drive on land (water, different story).

What cars do you want to buy?
In the market for a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton 4x4 crew cab white truck. Really like the 2016 GMCs. Might go a little older for a 3/4 diesel.

If money wasn't an option, what cars would you buy?

Big diesel truck and lift it, white w/ black wheels.

twin turbo car with a blow off valve and factory warranty. idk who makes one of those anymore. Used to love the Audio v6 twin turbo from like early 2000s but hardly any of those made it much further thahn 100k miles. BMW M, Audi S, Mercedes AMG something like that would be a lot of fun. Black w/ black wheels and black interior. And a manual tranny.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago

I would love a tranny.

namadio wrote:



:-&
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago


twin turbo car with a blow off valve and factory warranty. idk who makes one of those anymore. Used to love the Audio v6 twin turbo from like early 2000s but hardly any of those made it much further thahn 100k miles. BMW M, Audi S, Mercedes AMG something like that would be a lot of fun. Black w/ black wheels and black interior. And a manual tranny.

namadio wrote:



Infinity q60 r sport has a twin turbo v6 in it. I think it gets 400 HP or so.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
^^^#24 ZRX1200

I think it's the FORMER...

HE IS A MULTI CERTIFIED MECHANIC
WORKING ON SIKORSKY HELICOPTERS for Rich pricks all over the world!!! Even ARAB SHEIKS
TRUST HIS WORK....

HE GOT A LEMON...BIG-TIME...
HENCE...
MY NICKNAME...

L.E.M.I.C.O.N.
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
So you admit he got the odd lemon, yet make a blanked "do not buy or else you'll be changing out clutches all the time" statement?

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
#29 T.G. ^^^

Y.O.U. ^^^ of all people...know...

THAT's HOW I ROLL ...

YOU ****!!!

BWUHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You only get ONE THAI SPINNER NOW YOU BASTID...AND the AMERICAN AIRLINE ticket dropped from 1st class to a
SOUTHWEST "standby" C.O.A.C.H....*****er....
;)
Thunder.Gerbil
9 years ago
Oh. In that case.


Hey everybody, Jeeps suck ass! They are the ****tiest **** of pieces of **** ever built! You'll be paying out the wazoo for them!


(can I at least get a few drink coupons now?)
victor809
9 years ago
Mr Jones nickname is L.E.M.I.C.O.N?
I thought it was lemmiwinks....
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
#31 maybe...don't count on it...
Bring $20 at least for plane ride drinks...

I got every other $$$ expense...
MACS
9 years ago

Infinity q60 r sport has a twin turbo v6 in it. I think it gets 400 HP or so.

bgz wrote:



Yup. Q60 Red Sport 400 - Twin turbo 3.0 liter V6.

I'd love one...
bgz
  • bgz
  • Herf-A-Holic
9 years ago
I only know this because my dad just got a q60 (still tt v6, just less hp).

I was trying to convince him to get the red sport model (because I wanted to drive it, lol).

He said he doesn't need that much horsepower... I disagreed...

Anyway, ya, cool car.
bs_kwaj
9 years ago
Here's my ride.

Have no idea what motorized vehicle I'll be getting when I retire in a couple of years.

http://bennie-smith.net/cpm/displayimage.php?pid=487&fullsize=1 

🌫
Plowboy221
9 years ago
Owned: at one time

1976 Chevy Custom Deluxe 3/4 ton (first truck)

1968 Plymouth Sport Fury (standard two door)

1968 Plymouth Sport Fury (fastback)

1995 Dodge Ram 3500 (Cummins 12v)

O1 Dodge Ram 3500 (Cummins 24v)

1977 Dodge Ram D150

1999 Ford Superduty (7.3 Powerstroke)

1977 Chevy K10 shortbed

02 Dodge Ram 2500 (Cummins 24v)

03 Dodge Ram 2500 (Cummins 24v)

Don't think I forgot any....

Current:

05 Ford Superduty (6.0 Powerstroke), Lariat. Really like it so far, but it's a running joke how long I'll have a vehicle in my family.


Mr. Jones
9 years ago
^^^ to T.G.

My brothers AUDI was a 1994 AWD QUATTRO
Bought new and drive to 200K and rolled it in
2004-05...
He loved that car.
stinger88
9 years ago
I have had a few VWs over the years. First car I bought 1990 VW Fox. Have had a Jetta and 2 Golf GTIs since then. Nissan Frontier and an Xterra. Honda Odyssey and 2 Accords. Triumph Spitfire back in Hawaii in the early 90's.
The latest purchases: Subaru BRZ for the wife and a Ford F-150 for me.

Pretty much a no on brand loyalty.
Libertyde70
9 years ago
Past cars
92 Toyota pickup
92 Honda Civic
93 Honda del sol
Current
02 GMC 2500hd
97 Camaro z28 30th anniversary edition
96 Toyota Corolla
Wants
08 and down cummins
69 camaro
02 and under Audi A4 ( don't get anything newer than 02 unless you are loaded) but looking at one now may end up getting it
Users browsing this topic