teedubbya
9 years ago

Hernandez was a Tight End, not a wide receiver.
Although after this much jail time, that may have changed.
(thanks for the set up on that one, TW).

I was referring to Floyd but you are welcome LOL

Nobody said the Pats were altruistic. You must still be butt hurt from the steelers beating your chiefs without even getting into the endzone because you're looking for things to argue.

Nah, I'd be arguing the other way if that was the case. Besides I'm more sore about the Dallas game and my entire immediate family are Green Bay fans.

I didn't mention yourteamcheats.com because I don't care what some blog says.

Agreed, and it's a bunk sight (but brilliant of a fan base to create it...I admire that)


And truth be told, I"m just trying to wake up the usually banter-iffic towel wavers. There's a game Sunday and they're all acting like the foregone conclusion (a Pats win) is the foregone conclusion.

That we agree on


tailgater wrote:

Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
As much as I want my Steelers to win, they are going to have to play a perfect game to stand a chance. Just the truth. That or the Pats have to have a terrible game.
sdboltsfan86
9 years ago
Tight end not a wide receiver until prison joke is the best thing I have seen on this forum. Thank you tailgater, you made my day lol
Buckwheat
9 years ago

stillers need to put it in the endzone

they will need at least 27 to beat the patsies in foxboro

gummy jones wrote:



+1
tailgater
9 years ago

Tight end not a wide receiver until prison joke is the best thing I have seen on this forum. Thank you tailgater, you made my day lol

sdboltsfan86 wrote:



You're welcome.
Now change your handle.

tailgater
9 years ago
TW, what are you talking about with Michael Floyd?
youngra
9 years ago
Steelers Packers in the Superbowl! HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!
dstieger
9 years ago
LOL....less than two months from 'join with cool nick repping my nfl team'....to obsolete.....fan of team that bailed on fans....ouch
teedubbya
9 years ago

TW, what are you talking about with Michael Floyd?

tailgater wrote:




They signed him how many days after this?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/20/michael-floyd-dui-arrest-video/ 


I think it was 2 or 3 days later they signed him. The dude had a BAC of .217. Of course Bill B. said he didn't realize the severity of the situation (because he is so sloppy and pays no attention to details(sound familiar?)) and of course he cant talk about it any further because it is a legal situation. I'm sure it has nothing to do with putting the need for a receiver ahead of bad behavior and was giving the dude the second chance he deserved immediately following the incident and being chastised and released by his team for being unrepentant.

I'm sure this culture had nothing to do with Hernandez.

Squeeky clean.
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

They signed him how many days after this?

http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/20/michael-floyd-dui-arrest-video/ 


I think it was 2 or 3 days later they signed him. The dude had a BAC of .217. Of course Bill B. said he didn't realize the severity of the situation (because he is so sloppy and pays no attention to details(sound familiar?)) and of course he cant talk about it any further because it is a legal situation. I'm sure it has nothing to do with putting the need for a receiver ahead of bad behavior and was giving the dude the second chance he deserved immediately following the incident and being chastised and released by his team for being unrepentant.

I'm sure this culture had nothing to do with Hernandez.

Squeeky clean.

teedubbya wrote:




Without watching the video,no time.

It's a DUI...........comparing this to murder or rape is equivalent to comparing apples and elephants.I'm sure the law was laid down to Floyd,there will be no strike 3 in this at bat.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Actually .217 is aggregated. Meaning jail time. And no it is neither rape or murder. To me a conviction of murder is worse than an allegation of rape is worse than a pretty obvious comatose drunk driving.

But if you are going to accuse another team of sweeping an allegation of rape under the rug and call that bad, then signing a wr a few days after the video (wr) is pretty hard to defend.

Not saying they are worse. Just cut the holier than thou crap.
teedubbya
9 years ago
And belicheck not bowing the seriousness when signing is laughable.

Homers be homers.
teedubbya
9 years ago
Knowing not bowing damn phone.

The pats are no worse and no better than anyone else. Their culture allowed a murderer to thrive. Unfortunately I think it could have happened with most teams. This time it happened to be the Pats. And they just signed another high character winner!
tailgater
9 years ago

Actually .217 is aggregated. Meaning jail time. And no it is neither rape or murder. To me a conviction of murder is worse than an allegation of rape is worse than a pretty obvious comatose drunk driving.

But if you are going to accuse another team of sweeping an allegation of rape under the rug and call that bad, then signing a wr a few days after the video (wr) is pretty hard to defend.

Not saying they are worse. Just cut the holier than thou crap.

teedubbya wrote:



"allegation" means you don't believe the girl.
The girl who was raped.
While her friends were held at bay, away from the restroom. Because their friend was drunk and alone with him.
In the bathroom.


Floyd was wrong and should face the consequences. But it's not in the same league with what Ben did.
If it was just consensual sex, then why the body guards to keep her friends away?
Forget bathroom. If that happened in a college dorm it would be considered rape.



opelmanta1900
9 years ago
On my face book page from 3 years ago:

"One of the commentators really just said of Tom Brady's drastic overthrow, "Sometimes you throw the ball soooo well it just goes a little bit further than you expect it to."
tailgater
9 years ago

On my face book page from 3 years ago:

"One of the commentators really just said of Tom Brady's drastic overthrow, "Sometimes you throw the ball soooo well it just goes a little bit further than you expect it to."

opelmanta1900 wrote:



I make love soooo well that I finish before I thought I would.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Well ok, now that actually kinda makes sense...
tailgater
9 years ago

And belicheck not bowing the seriousness when signing is laughable.

Homers be homers.

teedubbya wrote:



Who said anything about Belichick not knowing?

You're looking for blind faith were there isn't any. And it eats you up, so you make stuff up.
haterz be haterz.




teedubbya
9 years ago

"allegation" means you don't believe the girl.
The girl who was raped.
While her friends were held at bay, away from the restroom. Because their friend was drunk and alone with him.
In the bathroom.


Floyd was wrong and should face the consequences. But it's not in the same league with what Ben did.
If it was just consensual sex, then why the body guards to keep her friends away?
Forget bathroom. If that happened in a college dorm it would be considered rape.



tailgater wrote:




I don't put rape in the same category as comatose driving as I said earlier so that is non starter.

It's still odd to sign a player a few days after the video and arrest and after his team cut him and admonished him for not being the slightest bit repentant while the team claims to be pure as the driven snow and it's fans are critical of other teams perceived integrity issues. It just doesn't add up ignoring the hot mess surrounding having an active murderer play a few games in between murders (the ones we know of).

As for Big Ben I'm not defending him. I think he is a scum bag (but his part in the movie should be played by Will Farrell) and I didn't realize he was convicted so it is more than an allegation. He should be cut and join a lacrosse team somewhere.

I'm not even saying Floyd shouldn't be in the league at some point but to get signed a few days later while other teams passed and think it's not stankiy is silly. That dog don't hunt. They needed a WR immediately for the playoffs and integrity came second. It's not unusual, but it's still lipstick on a pig.
teedubbya
9 years ago

Who said anything about Belichick not knowing?

You're looking for blind faith were there isn't any. And it eats you up, so you make stuff up.
haterz be haterz.




tailgater wrote:




Belichick was asked Wednesday if the team knew the full extent of Floyd's situation; body cam footage showed Floyd passed out behind the wheel of his SUV at a traffic light and police knocking on the window to try to wake him.

“Yeah, we were aware of his situation when we claimed him,” the coach replied.

On Thursday, however, after news broke that Floyd had a BAC of .217, according to a police report, Belichick said he was unaware that Floyd's BAC was nearly three times the legal limit for Arizona.

“No, not if it was just released,” said Belichick, who wouldn't further comment.

Under Arizona law, Floyd's BAC is considered a "Super Extreme DUI," which means he faces a mandatory sentence of 45 days in jail.



I wasn't saying he was unaware of the situation, but he was unaware of the severity (or says he was) or perhaps just didn't care which is worse. It seems to me those may have been good things to ask Mr. Floyd regardless of when they were released to the public. They could have talked to the Cardinals as well who seemed to have enough to release him much like the Pats did the murderer.

*shrug* you are ok with it. I'm sure most Pats fans are. But back to how other teams and their players have no integity.
Users browsing this topic