tailgater
9 years ago

Belichick was asked Wednesday if the team knew the full extent of Floyd's situation; body cam footage showed Floyd passed out behind the wheel of his SUV at a traffic light and police knocking on the window to try to wake him.

“Yeah, we were aware of his situation when we claimed him,” the coach replied.

On Thursday, however, after news broke that Floyd had a BAC of .217, according to a police report, Belichick said he was unaware that Floyd's BAC was nearly three times the legal limit for Arizona.

“No, not if it was just released,” said Belichick, who wouldn't further comment.

Under Arizona law, Floyd's BAC is considered a "Super Extreme DUI," which means he faces a mandatory sentence of 45 days in jail.



I wasn't saying he was unaware of the situation, but he was unaware of the severity (or says he was) or perhaps just didn't care which is worse. It seems to me those may have been good things to ask Mr. Floyd regardless of when they were released to the public. They could have talked to the Cardinals as well who seemed to have enough to release him much like the Pats did the murderer.

*shrug* you are ok with it. I'm sure most Pats fans are. But back to how other teams and their players have no integity.

teedubbya wrote:



Do you comprehend what you write?
On Wednesday Belichick admits he knows all the information on Floyd.
On Thursday more information is released.

Where did you lose the progression?
Bill even gives you a hint: "not if it was just released".


I'll let you in on a little secret: Beilichick won't give out any information that isn't fully vetted by himself personally. His Wednesday answer was 100% accurate, and his Thursday response was even more so.
You're just trying to muddy the water in order to make a point of some sort.
teedubbya
9 years ago
im just calling it as I see it and I forgive you for not comprehending what I wrote.

Apparantly Bill only knew what was publicly released and when it was publicly released. He knows no more about his player than you or I. Which completely supports what I said. He was not aware of the severity or claims he was. Neither of us knows if what he is saying is 100% (or higher) accurate because we don't know if he had more information than publicly available. It is accurate in terms of what was publicly available. I don't really care and that was never my point if you actually read what I wrote.

I'll take him at his word. he got no info from his player or the Cards and did no vetting whatsoever in their rush to sign a wr at all cost with no regard to integrity.

Keep it simple though. Floyd passes out driving. Blows an ungodly bac. Gets released by his team because of the deed and being publicly chastised for being unrepentant then the Pats signed him a few days later only having publicly available information with no vetting at all and I'm sure are shocked that gambling (or murder) is going on in their club.

Got it. On to other teams lack of integrity.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

Do you comprehend what you write?
On Wednesday Belichick admits he knows all the information on Floyd.
On Thursday more information is released.

Where did you lose the progression?
Bill even gives you a hint: "not if it was just released".


I'll let you in on a little secret: Beilichick won't give out any information that isn't fully vetted by himself personally. His Wednesday answer was 100% accurate, and his Thursday response was even more so.
You're just trying to muddy the water in order to make a point of some sort.

tailgater wrote:



even more so than 100%? I wonder if you comprehend what you write... 🇨🇮
teedubbya
9 years ago
The human minds ability to justify things is something I've completely underestimated until fairly recently.

By the way that Rachel Maddow dude loves the Pats and Bob Kraft.
tailgater
9 years ago

even more so than 100%? I wonder if you comprehend what you write... 🇨🇮

opelmanta1900 wrote:



Are you 110% sure about that?
tailgater
9 years ago

im just calling it as I see it and I forgive you for not comprehending what I wrote.

Apparantly Bill only knew what was publicly released and when it was publicly released. He knows no more about his player than you or I. Which completely supports what I said. He was not aware of the severity or claims he was. Neither of us knows if what he is saying is 100% (or higher) accurate because we don't know if he had more information than publicly available. It is accurate in terms of what was publicly available. I don't really care and that was never my point if you actually read what I wrote.

I'll take him at his word. he got no info from his player or the Cards and did no vetting whatsoever in their rush to sign a wr at all cost with no regard to integrity.

Keep it simple though. Floyd passes out driving. Blows an ungodly bac. Gets released by his team because of the deed and being publicly chastised for being unrepentant then the Pats signed him a few days later only having publicly available information with no vetting at all and I'm sure are shocked that gambling (or murder) is going on in their club.

Got it. On to other teams lack of integrity.

teedubbya wrote:



LOL!
That SOOOO wasn't your point.
You thought you caught Belichick in a lie.
Only his words, the English laguage and that pesky reading comprehension thingy got in your way.

We've witnessed this previously when you, for some reason, refused to accept the laws of physics.
Some would say you're obsessed.


teedubbya
9 years ago
No I really didn't think I caught him in a lie in terms of his words and quote. Not at all. I think the pats are a top notch organization in terms of preparation and research so I find it hard to believe they didn't do their due diligence.

But if you read all of my posts starting at post 29 I said bill b said he didn't realize the severity when signing him. You questioned that. The quote was merely to support that. He says he didn't have all the details.

I don't believe him but don't think he's been caught in a lie. I think it's alive and well.

You really need to learn how to read.
teedubbya
9 years ago
But all your diversion aside they needed a wr at all cost and got one without regard to integrity by signing Floyd a few days after these events. But back to bashing the integrity of other teams and their players.
tailgater
9 years ago
If that makes you feel better, stick with it.
But you give a lot of details just to say the Pats hired a DUI WR.
A reasonable person would likely assume you meant a little more than you're admitting to.

I just hope Floyd stays sober enough to play.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I said what I had to say. You don't have to guess or make it something else then argue with that. I was pretty clear.

In the end the pats are no better or worse than any other team in this regard.
tailgater
9 years ago
shaun341
9 years ago

Do you comprehend what you write?
On Wednesday Belichick admits he knows all the information on Floyd.
On Thursday more information is released.

Where did you lose the progression?
Bill even gives you a hint: "not if it was just released".


I'll let you in on a little secret: Beilichick won't give out any information that isn't fully vetted by himself personally. His Wednesday answer was 100% accurate, and his Thursday response was even more so.
You're just trying to muddy the water in order to make a point of some sort.

tailgater wrote:



Fully vetted himself? Public got the extra information on Thursday, those that have the ability to get the information had it before then. Belichick plays a I know what you know mentality when he should know a lot more then the general public. I am not saying there is anything wrong with him giving the media the bare minimum but come one with the Belichick is God routine. He knew Hernandez was implicated in a shooting while at Florida that was pretty serious. He knew where that could lead and chose talent over character. He knew Floyd could have killed someone in that vehicle and is probably going to be suspended but he chose talent over character. It is what it is but he is not this person that is blindsided by these situations and then handles them the best he could have. Some are consequences from his willingness to look the other way on character when a player has superior talent.
teedubbya
9 years ago
I don't hate the pats. Never have. And I don't think they are better or worse than most teams on this sort of thing.

It's just that their fans act so pious and it amused me.

I'm easily amused though.
frankj1
9 years ago
when TW and tg get divorced, who gets custody of me?
teedubbya
9 years ago
Me. I want the child support money
frankj1
9 years ago
teedubbya
9 years ago
I do sort have have boobs. Come here you big lug.
tailgater
9 years ago

Fully vetted himself? Public got the extra information on Thursday, those that have the ability to get the information had it before then. Belichick plays a I know what you know mentality when he should know a lot more then the general public. I am not saying there is anything wrong with him giving the media the bare minimum but come one with the Belichick is God routine. He knew Hernandez was implicated in a shooting while at Florida that was pretty serious. He knew where that could lead and chose talent over character. He knew Floyd could have killed someone in that vehicle and is probably going to be suspended but he chose talent over character. It is what it is but he is not this person that is blindsided by these situations and then handles them the best he could have. Some are consequences from his willingness to look the other way on character when a player has superior talent.

shaun341 wrote:



Of course Belichick knew about the DUI. And it was absolutely a case of talent over character. But getting a DUI versus being 3 times over the limit or whatever? Bill says he didn't know until he did know. But some want him to somehow know before he did.

Scheme of things? No big deal.
Unless you feel that every DUI should result in being fired (or not hired).
That's a litmus test that I would never suggest.






tailgater
9 years ago

I don't hate the pats. Never have. And I don't think they are better or worse than most teams on this sort of thing.

It's just that their fans act so pious and it amused me.

I'm easily amused though.

teedubbya wrote:



You just like saying pious.

I call out a rapist.
You counter with DUI.

Pious.
You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

RMAN4443
9 years ago

You just like saying pious.

I call out a rapist.
You counter with DUI.

Pious.
You keep saying that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.


tailgater wrote:



pious(adj.)=having many pies. (ex.) The pious bakery also had cookies and eclairs.





🙏 😶 😶
Users browsing this topic