frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
though there will be posts crossing in the mail before I finish this one, my OP intentions were to remind some and illuminate others of a favorite not-somber Jewish holiday, one during which young families can celebrate with their congregations, not just in the privacy of their dining rooms, or in the solitude of their minds and souls.

I'm not a devout Jew, but you should bet that I won't allow this generation of Jews to be the last one.

Now go to the bakery and get a hamantaschen, you'll thank me.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago

Hamantaschen look like a familar style of Czech pastry and the connection with poppyseed even more so. Anything with poppyseed is pretty well good in my book.

jjanecka wrote:


dude, it is sooo good. But my grandmother took the recipe with her. store bought are good, but not the same.
jjanecka
9 years ago
Pretty sure they're easy to make though you will need a poppyseed grinder.
gummy jones
9 years ago
Need to find a Jewish grandmother
gummy jones
9 years ago
Need to find a Jewish grandmother
gummy jones
9 years ago
Need to find a Jewish grandmother
tailgater
9 years ago
I prefer the book of Aunt Esther: A cookbook for making gorilla cookies.
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
now see, #24 (and 25 and 26) and 27 was what I was looking for

better late than never.
gummy jones
9 years ago
So important I said it three times
jjanecka
9 years ago
Well you know, three times is a blessing
gummy jones
9 years ago
gummy jones
9 years ago
Just read Esther
Night folks
frankj1
  • frankj1
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
9 years ago
the whole Magilla?
Speyside
9 years ago
A freilichen purim Frank!!!
Speyside
9 years ago
A freilichen purim Frank!!!
Speyside
9 years ago
A freilichen purim Frank!!!
Speyside
9 years ago
A freilichen purim Frank!!!
Speyside
9 years ago
What the heck?
MACS
9 years ago

no, not the S.American singer Flora.

Book of Esther, being celebrated right now. Haman was the original Hitler, only in Persia.
He got what was coming to him.
One of my fave stories...from The Prequel.

frankj1 wrote:



Just read the story a few weeks ago (again). One of my faves from The Prequel, too.
Mattie B
9 years ago
Ester may not mention God, but his presence is there.

Just like in the Abrahamic, Noahic, and Mosaic Covenants(ect).... the story proves that God will deliver his people.


Our Sunday School class is making its way through the Bible It's a 2 year study. So cool that we just studied the Book of Ester.

I swear Frank and I have the coolest connection on things.
Users browsing this topic