Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev7891011NextLast
Life is short, make it sweet 500
401. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:01AM EST
yup. masks outdoor and heat could help mitigate, but irritants in the lungs, and popo rides could aggravate it. But yup. Expect increases just like we are from opening up.
402. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:11AM EST
Shame on you No Covid talk in da 500s.... Not talking
403. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:21AM EST
I dint start it. I've been trying to avoid it
404. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:30AM EST
That's what you said about aids... Not talking
405. Author: teedubbyaDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:33AM EST
Well its true
406. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:06PM EST
Truck washed... some exercising in the back yard... I need a nap.

Jonesie needs new tin foil.
407. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:11PM EST
DrafterX wrote:

I'ma sorry. But not as sorry as izon.
408. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:15PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
I'ma sorry. But not as sorry as izon.

No one as sorry as that dude...
409. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:26PM EST
Local guy has 73 rapalas, all new in the box... For whatever reason he's real hesitant to give me a price for all of them... Should I lowball the guy and hope for negotiations or just give him a take it or leave it price?
410. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:29PM EST
Offer him $150 for all and sell them at $4 a pop.
411. Author: deadeyedickDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:38PM EST
Even $250 would be a great deal. I'll take a dozen.
412. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 12:44PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
Program? Screw that, One of us wakes up, he or she walks by the thermostat, turns it up or down unless it is like this week when it is actually off, and if it gets too warm or too cold or we are leaving the house, we set it again.

one of us gets home, turns it up or down depending on if too warm or too cold, within 2 minutes comfort ensues.

our personal comfort levels know more in real time than pre set or programmed or phone setting conveniences.

anyone who can't wait 48 seconds for the furnace/boiler to fire up or the ac to blow is way too needy for me.

Oh, and get off my lawn.

that's what my Kelly thermostat does...and I'm comfortable with that...

and Anlin windows are great, less $ than the national brands...but the salesman was a nutjob...we negotiated a deal on our sliding patio doors after we agreed to a deal on the windows...more than half off "list" price, which is lower than advertised price for national brand...

he called to say he made a mistake and wanted to renegotiate the price, after he put the order in...I refused...he came over and tried to re-do the deal, and after 15 minutes and his raised and angry voice, I told him to get out...next day he pounded on the door again, and we called police...he got the message and didn't bother us again

we got our windows and patio doors re-done, no muss no fuss installation...we did notice that the outdoor noise was lower somewhat with the double pane vs old single pane...never did put a hammer to the windows, as was done in the sales pitch to show their strength, but couldn't tell if the house was cooler...couldn't tell by looking at our electric and gas bills to compare
413. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 1:14PM EST
Interesting... some infectious disease people put together a chart of a few random types of locations and their rating of "riskiness"

Range is like "Playing Tennis - risk level 1"
Or "Bars - Risk level 9"

They ranked both churches and gyms at Risk Level 8.... so in theory they both should open up at the same time.... (and probably not soon).

Of course, I would have some questions for them... given that they also put Buffets at Risk level 8.... and those things are just disgusting. Clearly they've never watched midwesterners at a buffet.

414. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 1:16PM EST
it seems like maybe some things should never go back to the way they were... like maybe we stop eating from community troughs of food...
415. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 1:20PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:
it seems like maybe some things should never go back to the way they were... like maybe we stop eating from community troughs of food...

I would love that.
The woman's mother likes to go to the disgusting chinese buffet when she is staying with us.... She just likes the all-you can eat crab legs or shrimp.... but that place is disgusting... fat people hovering over all the food and touching stuff.
416. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 1:23PM EST
I know... this is a COVID free zone but I just gotta ask...

Re: post 413 - Sounds like some real concrete assessments there. In what edition of USA Today was this info-graphic published?
417. Author: victor809Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 1:27PM EST
Yeah.... not a super assessment. Which is why I was just posting it as a bit of interest, not a study or anything. The people who did it theoretically have a great deal more knowledge on the topic than we do though... so their spit-ball assessment is likely better than us just sitting here with our d!cks in our hands.

This is the interview the numbers came from
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/06/from-hair-salons-to-gyms-experts-rank-36-activities-by-coronavirus-risk-level.html
418. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 2:28PM EST
opelmanta1900 wrote:

I was hoping you were going to tell me I never had to play tennis again...
419. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 2:30PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

Or run marathons....
420. Author: Stogie1020Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 2:32PM EST
Palama wrote:
Or run marathons....

in my current state that would be a "risk level 4000."
421. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:03PM EST
Can't sleep today.

422. Author: DrafterXDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:12PM EST
you didn't drink enough... Beer
423. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:14PM EST
Too nice a day to sleep. I realize that doesn't help with your work, but still
424. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:17PM EST
Stogie1020 wrote:

I really wish I could play tennis again...one of life's pleasures, for me...

but along with years of running, years of tennis, after an orthopedist told me I should stop both activities, wrecked both knees...

had knee replacement done on the right knee, and have severe arthritis in the other but it hasn't gotten worse since I ........stopped ................running and playing tennis...d'oh!
425. Author: PalamaDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:38PM EST
delta1 wrote:

but along with years of running, years of tennis, after an orthopedist told me I should stop both activities, wrecked both knees...

had knee replacement done on the right knee, and have severe arthritis in the other but it hasn't gotten worse since I ........stopped ................running and playing tennis...d'oh!

Same here.

I spent w-a-y too much time perfecting my 1st serve (...300 to 700 practice serves per outing, twice a week for a couple of years...plus playing 4 to 5 times a week...) and overhead. After shoulder surgeries on both sides, now have arthritis and had to quit playing.
426. Author: danmdevriesDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:52PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
you didn't drink enough... Beer

Probably. Only had two bud lights left after camping.

Fell asleep easily, but it didn't last.
427. Author: corey sellersDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 3:59PM EST
Cut grass for 5 hours and it's f*cking hot down here .
428. Author: rfenstDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 4:42PM EST
corey sellers wrote:
Cut grass for 5 hours and it's f*cking hot down here .

Five hours? Like how much land do you have?
429. Author: Ram27Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 4:45PM EST
^ To damn much land . Brick wall
430. Author: delta1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:00PM EST
corey must cut his grass like that old Asian lady in our neighborhood...she uses a small scissors, and cuts one blade at a time...
431. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:26PM EST
So Corey's a 1/4 acre perfectionist
432. Author: Notthe1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:42PM EST
Corey.
You using a Push mower or a ride on??? Either way 5 hours is too damn much time. LOL

At least the yard looks nice.
433. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 5:43PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Can't sleep today.

Main reason I hated night shift.
434. Author: cacmanDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:40PM EST
delta1 wrote:

Always preferred racquetball.

Pickleball is all the rage here, with many tennis courts converted to pickleball courts.
435. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 6:55PM EST
I'm all for gay rights, but that's crazy!
436. Author: frankj1Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 7:38PM EST
Palama wrote:

We'd been looking to replace our windows the last 5-6 years so had done some research earlier. Read and heard only good things about the company we bought from. We ended up with Anlin Windows. Vinyl. Mitered corners. Argon gas. Dunno if they're double glazed, Low E glass or if they insulate the old cavities. Do we need to be concerned about those?

highly unlikely you got taken.
and if they have Argon gas, then by definition they have to be double glazed (maybe triple even) cuz the gas goes between the panes of glass. You'll know if you have a compromised seal if you get some fogging in that cavity...though I don't know if that happens in year round warm weather.

Been years, but I always preferred mitered too.

Insulating the old cavities would be more helpful in terms of energy savings by preventing inside heat from escaping, not a goal for you. In old Northeast homes the rope balances were in there and it always felt cold around the window casing in the Winter.

I wasn't trying to tell you anything specific other than what you apparently already knew.

Enjoy them, it will a pleasure just opening and closing.
437. Author: MACSDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 7:51PM EST
How much could I expect to fork over if I wanted to replace the windows in my house?

I have 12, I think... and my sliding glass door. (ballpark)
438. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 7:57PM EST
Old Midwest homes too. We used to live in a 1910 home with original windows. I swear a screen would have less of a breeze through those things in the winter
439. Author: BuckyB93Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 8:08PM EST
MACS wrote:
How much could I expect to fork over if I wanted to replace the windows in my house?

Probably not worth the investment if you are thinking of selling in the near future but I'm not a realtor so don't really know if it's an attractive selling point to potential buyers.
440. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Thu, 6/11/2020, 8:15PM EST
MACS wrote:

8-10 grand....
441. Author: izonfireDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 8:26PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
..... if you get some fogging in that cavity.....

Why did I think if Schmeltic when you said that?...
442. Author: SpeysideDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 8:35PM EST
MACS, buy direct from the manufacturer and cut out the middle man. Cut out the contractor. You don't need to pay them a profit each on the windows. Finally negotiate hard with 3 or 4 contractors. Tell all of them who ever is willing to work for wages gets the job. In a bad economy wages will pay bills for them. Lots of contractors have no work now. Use all of that to your advantage. Play hard ball.
443. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:23PM EST
DrafterX wrote:

Thank you, Drafter.

Victor admonished me last week. And now?..... 🐏!
444. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:25PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Interesting... some infectious disease people put together a chart of a few random types of locations and their rating of "riskiness"

Range is like "Playing Tennis - risk level 1"
Or "Bars - Risk level 9"

They ranked both churches and gyms at Risk Level 8.... so in theory they both should open up at the same time.... (and probably not soon).

Of course, I would have some questions for them... given that they also put Buffets at Risk level 8.... and those things are just disgusting. Clearly they've never watched midwesterners at a buffet.

Covid 500 foul!
445. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:26PM EST
BuckyB93 wrote:
I know... this is a COVID free zone but I just gotta ask...

Re: post 413 - Sounds like some real concrete assessments there. In what edition of USA Today was this info-graphic published?

Covid 500 foul!
446. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:26PM EST
victor809 wrote:
Yeah.... not a super assessment. Which is why I was just posting it as a bit of interest, not a study or anything. The people who did it theoretically have a great deal more knowledge on the topic than we do though... so their spit-ball assessment is likely better than us just sitting here with our d!cks in our hands.

This is the interview the numbers came from
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/06/from-hair-salons-to-gyms-experts-rank-36-activities-by-coronavirus-risk-level.html

Covid 500 foul!
447. Author: 8trackdiscoDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:31PM EST
MACS wrote:

Yikes. Pricey. We had 8 regular windows and one bay replaced for $7,000. But that 2003.
448. Author: SunoverbeachDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 9:33PM EST
8trackdisco wrote:
Covid 500 foul!

Upon further review, the ruling on the field stands. 10 yards and loss of down.
449. Author: McdanielsamuelDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:13PM EST
3 years ago, I spent less than $1500 replacing 14 windows. Pocket replacement vinyls and installed with the help of the wife. Would have cost $6-8k for someone else to it. First window was the hardest, but you learn as you go. Replaced one window an evening after work. Insulated the window weight cavities and replaced a few sills. I enjoyed the process.
450. Author: CelticBomberDate: Thu, 6/11/2020, 11:30PM EST
izonfire wrote:
Why did I think if Schmeltic when you said that?...

Because you lub me. Just call me Freckles! (That's his pet name for me.) Beep Beep!
FirstPrev7891011NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic