engletl
19 years ago
well then find/make one and then post it.

Get of the high horse before you get hurt.

PI Lawyers and insurance companies are in cahoots with each other...that is why i despise both groups. They both are causing my take home pay to shrink.

Every time a PIA sues an INS CO and wins he gets a minimum of usually 30% of the award. Then the INS CO just jacks their rates to offset the costs of these frivolous lawsuits. Costing those of us not involved more evry year.

Just like I don't think these people here in the Katrina Zone(myself included) should not be allowed to sue the INS CO because we refused to buy flood insurance while knowingly lived with the possibility of this happening and knowing that the regular policy doesn't cover flood damage. It is not their fault I refused the extra coverage.

Todd
CBOB
19 years ago
jpotts
19 years ago
pmn1:

If it makes you feel any better, were I a lawyer, I'd hate John Edwards.

Did I mention that I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express?
jackconrad
19 years ago
PMN1- Cheney was on a ticket , but not running for President. B - I post lots of Cheney and Bush humor also. - C- Edwards unfortunatley is a Joke. Only Good Lawyer round here is Pacman, And sorta lawyer Ruggysgirl.
ASC
  • ASC
  • Aficionado
19 years ago
shure beta 87
stapletonj
19 years ago
englet, I am a General practitioner, who does some PI work. simply put, and I 'm sorry if this is insulting, You have no idea of what you are talking about.

BTW, earlier post, how is it frivilous if 12 jurors heard all the facts from the plaintiff and defendant and the plaintiff and defense experts and all 12 agreed the plaintiff's side was right?
tailgater
19 years ago
12 jurors found OJ not guilty.

12 jurors is the best system, but it is not a perfect system. jurors are human, and a good PIA can tug on the emotions of humans.
That doesn't make the judgement fair or even reasonable.

Tell me in what world should a person become a millionaire simply for slipping on the ice on the pavement outside your shop? Or for spilling hot coffee on their lap? Or for simply having bad luck, but the good fortune of being near a well insured individual or corporation?

We ALL suffer and feel the financial burden of this.
It's a joke. And Edwards is merely the poster child for such things.

pmn1
19 years ago
Again Gater you speak without knowing the facts. Have you ever witnessed a P/I trial? Well I have and can assure you that money is not thrown at people.monitary awards are based on damages ie Lost wages ,earning capacity,medical expenses both past & future etc that is what the damages are based on.This is not how you earn your hourly wage But I can assure you it is earned none the less. Its Clear you have your inherent prejudices probably based on something you heard on the radio rather than read yourself.But I would appreciate that you get your facts straight before you speau your false information and prejudice on a public medium - save it for the meetings.
tailgater
19 years ago
p,
You're kidding, right?

How much money was the infamous mcdonalds coffee lady due to make in her life?
How much were her medical bills?
The pain? Well, yes! Coffee will be hot.

Mcdonalds did NOTHING wrong. Yet they paid her big bucks.
Why?
Because her lawyer made mcdonalds look like big bad bullies when she originally asked for her medical bills to be paid.

You can't be that sheltered that you don't know this is 100% accurate.
If you need further proof, then google it. I don't have the time to cite numerous examples to prove what is known to be true.

My friend got in a car accident. His cousin was in the back seat. She broke her arm.
His insurance company paid her $40k.
She missed zero work days.

You must be kidding, or else maybe you're an ambulance chaser yourself?
It's OK if you are. I'm sure that many PIA's are nice people in real life. It's their ethics and morals and skewed beliefs in their line of work that I disagree with, not their personal life.
engletl
19 years ago
I am so sorry stapletonj...but my homeowners insurance doubled this year...even though I incurred negligable damage from Hurricane Katrina ($175 to be exact). I also watch my insurance premiums rise every year for health coverage...I am being forced to foot the bills that these greedy SOB's cause.

So I do know from first hand experience what is going on...and it is costing me more every year

Todd
pmn1
19 years ago
Do You only read the Headlines or BIG LETTERS? The McDonalds case was overturned on appeal In Fact the majority of the verdict was for PUNITIVE damages which is to penalize Large Corporations for a systemic problem or to put simply to hit them where it hurts ie pocketbook otherwise they would simply write it off. So the large award was not to compensate a injured party but rather to penalise or fine a party for REALLY BAD CONDUCT
Charlie
19 years ago
pmn1

You are way out of your league on these issues, just a liberal leftist who thinks he or she knows more than anybody else.

face it, Cheney is as crooked as Edwards....does that make it right? No it doesn't but to defend Edwards like he is the paragon of attorneys....LOL

Now go back to your coloring book and remember to pay attention to the numbers when you color.

Charlie
pmn1
19 years ago
Well articulated Chaz

Thanks for your insightfulness It really adds to board.I think the shift change is over better go back to work.
Charlie
19 years ago
And pray tell what have you added to this board in your short tenure with us?

Please educate us on your superior knowledge and we will all be better for it...now you can go and bow to Nancy Peolsi and say 15 Hail Obamas.

Thanks

Charlie
pmn1
19 years ago
Well Chaz I guess I bring out the real person. For example I see a CHEAP shot I call a CHEAP shot.Hear is another one If I see Unsubstantiated Bias I will call it. Understand? By the way better use spell check JC is really picky about that stuff.
Charlie
19 years ago
Spellcheck, damn, whoops and all other I am sorry type comments.....

I like readun, writen, rithmateck (timeses and goesindas) and spellun as well.

Gonna go smoke a La Aurora 1495 and think about it for a while........

Charlie
Charlie
19 years ago
Damn I love La Auroras.....sitting out back and enjoying one while having some fun on the forum....

Love lap tops and wireless.

Charlie
pmn1
19 years ago
Chaz you have a great weekend its 5PM somewhere & I hear a happy hour calling
Charlie
19 years ago
Will do, it is ony 2:15 here in California, but I do hear Mr Daniels speaking to me, so will answer him soon enough

Have a great weekend as well...we all do not have to agree on this stuff anyway...it is still enjoyable.

Charlie
Users browsing this topic