JadeRose
16 years ago
Very nice, jet. I've always appreciated you photography and wish you go back to posting it. (especially of your lady friends)
JHJ
  • JHJ
  • Enthusiast
16 years ago
Jet thank you for posting this picture. As and Officer I sometimes know just how this feels. You just want to throw your hands up and other throw them around someones neck for what they have done.
The other morning when driving in to work, there was a man trying to commit suicide by running south bound in the north bound lanes of the freeway. I figured for sure I was going to witness this man get squished by a vehicle coming at us. Do you just wait and try not to watch or do you try and drag him out when you think there is enough time. Well luckily when i made the stupid mistake of tackling him a parimedic happened to be the next car coming at us. He lokced up the brakes and helped me handcuff and drag the guy off the freeway.
Officer will not admit we are having a bad day or when we mess up. This pictures might be the way that the Officer is helping himself. If you could please send me a copy to [email protected]
jetblasted
16 years ago
JHJ ... I'll put you in touch with JB, and key you talk it over w/ him. 
I posted this photo w/o his permission & looking back, I wish I had not done this. As a fellow photographer I have serious reservations & i feel that by doing so I was completely unethical for that. I wish I had not posted this photo for that reason alone. But, it is such a powerful photo, I posted it here thinking many on this site would appreciate it. I had no idea that it would stir up such negative responces and I am still appalled that it did. 

It might take me some time to do so, as I'm not online & online surf on my iPhone, but I think I know why you want a copy and I'll try to look him up. I have seen JB in at least two years. I can only assume he's still around. I know he got married a while back & his wife is an absolute sweetheart. 
----------

Jade, I stopped posting photos here a long time ago. This is just one example of the hundreds of times that 🇲🇾 photos elict vile & negative responses. I just don't get it ...
JadeRose
16 years ago
Jet..I know and I understand why you quit posting them. I remember all the bull**** and never got it. There are those that wish for the "old days" of the board, but not me. There you used to be some real acerbic **** on here. There was no need for the bull**** that was often written.
nir6van6a
16 years ago
Jet- you always posted great, artistic pictures and I think it was sad how many people lambasted you and the girls for it. Art is art and won't be appreciated by all. I understand why you don't want to post them anymore though.
05busa
16 years ago
No negative publicity here.......Great pics always have Fuq'd up stories!!!!
Cousin_Eddie
16 years ago
"I stopped posting photos here a long time ago. This is just one example of the hundreds of times that 🇲🇾 photos elict vile & negative responses. I just don’t get it ... "

I haven't stopped yet, but this is how I feel.
herfidore
16 years ago
Jet, just because you don't get or understand someones difference of opinion, doesn't mean that person has any less right to hold, and express that opinion. It's a public forum. Not everyone is going to feel like you do. Perhaps you are being a little too sensitive?

IMHO, as art, the pic has value. As a grand statement on life, meh, I don't get that at all. But thanks for posting.
plinytheelder
16 years ago
Jet, don't ever let the trolls get to you.

Thats a pretty powerful pic.
tj2001cobra
16 years ago
It just looks too "staged" for me. Kind of hokey.

I dont doubt that he has his demons, but I actually kind of understand why people dont get this photo. I'm not saying people should make personal attacks, but personally, this isn't my favorite.

Most people who I've known that are dealing with problems dont want to set up a photo shoot to "dramatize" it.
lofty1
16 years ago
i don't care if you like the photo or not. no matter how you look at it, i think #5 is a strange attack. seriously, i just don't see the value in attacking this post. i've been less-than-civil on one or two of jet's posts in the past, and i'm sure it's been considered classless of me. well, i can be a classless dude at times. anyone that knows me can vouch for that.

but this? this is just weird. sorry, man, but i just don't get it. looks like an unwarranted sucker punch to me.
jetblasted
16 years ago
The guy is a photographer. He is also a police officer. This was posted 3 yrs. ago, and I've already forgotten what the original situation was about. Regardless, there are *many* times I look at other people's artistic expression & not have the 1st clue what they are thinking.

Don't feel bad if you don't "get it", but don't disparage the artist either. Just because you don't understand it is no reason to lambast the person. (generalized statement).
lofty1
16 years ago
easy, jet. my statement was to your defense. what i don't get is the attack in post #5. i have no problem with pic. the pic itself seems harmless to me.
lofty1
16 years ago
in review, i think i'm actually talking about #3, which carried over to #5.
jetblasted
16 years ago
Generalized statement to "all" that don't get it ..,
nir6van6a
16 years ago
Sidenote- what ever happened to panamared?
jackconrad
14 years ago
How;d that turn out?
Buckwheat
14 years ago


This place has become a cesspool of hate . . .



jetblasted wrote:




I hate people who hate. 🐴
bloody spaniard
14 years ago
The Academy wishes to present Jetblasted with the Jon Lovit'z Master Thespian over-dramatization award for his performance on this thread.=d> =d> =d>
daveincincy
14 years ago
What's with the old toppers?

Anyway...first couple things that came to my mind when I saw this was “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; those who seek find; and to those who knock, the door will be opened." The other was “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Both verses from Matthew 7.



Users browsing this topic