deadeyedick
12 years ago
Anyone try these yet? They are supposed to be wrapped in foil right after rolling to preserve the oils, etc.

DED
kombat96
12 years ago
Which ones?

Ive seen no real difference in them and the regulars
deadeyedick
12 years ago
I'm not sure which you have had but here is the single store ad:

The Tatuaje Cojonu Wet Wrap is an Exclusive to our store. The cigars are wrapped in aluminum foil immediately after being rolled while they are sill wet. This process enhances the flavor of the cigar by maintaining the optimal level of sugars, spice, and oils in the tobacco.

DED
kombat96
12 years ago
Get me a 5r and ill repay u. Ps your a dink
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Oooh....sugars and spice that sounds nice!
kombat96
12 years ago
Ive had a dd wet pack, didn't see that big of change, but hey im a newbie
Philly Jack
12 years ago
Sounds tempting
dharbolt
12 years ago
HockeyDad
12 years ago
LE Wet.

That's a new twist.
tonygraz
12 years ago
Moldy metallic flavor enhancement ?
mikey1597
12 years ago
I make my wife wet.
deadeyedick
12 years ago

Moldy metallic flavor enhancement ?

tonygraz wrote:



Yep, I was thinking mold could be an issue also. As to metallic flavor it doesn't seem to affect others such as MJ12.

DED
knokmdwn
12 years ago
I have this to offer, from my "guy" that I buy things all nc.

"It's essentially just a Cojonu 2003 with aluminim foil wreapped around the bundle of 25. They do that when it comes ouff the bench. Helps retain oils and is a bit more flavorful. Not really a very different cigar than the regular production smokes. All the Tat 10th Anniversary's were wet packed."



I went ahead and got a 5er just out of curiousity but I am not expecting anything new.

R.
triodes
12 years ago

All the Tat 10th Anniversary's were wet packed.".

knokmdwn wrote:



I can't tell any noticeable difference. But, I have not done any actual A/B of sorts to say with any certainty. Besides, some runs are better than others so how do you know exactly what to attribute it to?

Over time, if you're going to put them down for a year or two it may hinder full and even humidification.

While I know that some say however they come packed from the producer is a good way to store them, I'm uncertain if that is the case where foil is concerned.

As someone who has given the subject a certain amount of thought#-o
knokmdwn
12 years ago
I have smoked probably 6 to 10 Illusione MJ12's that were originally wrapped in foil and I have a box plus some sitting (for about 2.5 years now). I don't suspect they will smoke much different than if they didn't have foil. The manufacturer says the foil holds in the oils a bit more. Well.....ok.....but I think it's all pretty relative and it is probably so slight that if you did a blindfold taste test, you couldn't tell the difference. I think it's much more of a marketing "thing" than anything else. JMO/YMMV
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Weren't some of the Mexican Experiments foil packed?
cacman
12 years ago
So many more interesting new things coming out besides worrying about an over-priced Cojonu 2003 wrapped with foil.
PASS
rfenst
12 years ago

I'm not sure which you have had but here is the single store ad:

The Tatuaje Cojonu Wet Wrap is an Exclusive to our store. The cigars are wrapped in aluminum foil immediately after being rolled while they are sill wet. This process enhances the flavor of the cigar by maintaining the optimal level of sugars, spice, and oils in the tobacco.


DED

deadeyedick wrote:



Is this implying that unwrapped, dry Tats have less than optimal flavor,sugars, spice, and oils?
Mathen
12 years ago
My cynical mind tends to be in the "it's just marketing" camp, however, just as a statement (take it for what it's worth) Pete told me that the "right" way to store foils wrapped bundles is to keep them in the foil, unwrap to pull out a cigar when you want to smoke it, and then re-wrap the bundle for storage.

Have I noticed a difference? Nope
Do I have enough data points to make empirical determination? Probably not
Do I have a box of Regios that are still foil wrapped minus the two I've smoked? Yes, yes I do.

I'm probably a little bit of a sucker for that, but I'm giving it a try.
kombat96
12 years ago

My cynical mind tends to be in the "it's just marketing" camp, however, just as a statement (take it for what it's worth) Pete told me that the "right" way to store foils wrapped bundles is to keep them in the foil, unwrap to pull out a cigar when you want to smoke it, and then re-wrap the bundle for storage.

Have I noticed a difference? Nope
Do I have enough data points to make empirical determination? Probably not
Do I have a box of Regios that are still foil wrapped minus the two I've smoked? Yes, yes I do.

I'm probably a little bit of a sucker for that, but I'm giving it a try.

Mathen wrote:




Nice name drop.[sarcasm]
Users browsing this topic