Numismaniac
12 years ago

Pipes should always be lit with matches.

Legacy wrote:





hehe, you no understand🌫
tonygraz
12 years ago
When I was smoking pipes heavily, I used Imco pipe lighters. They worked great for a while, then they would develop all kinds of problems. I had at least a dozen of them and they are all shot now, but they were made for pipe lighting and did a great job while they lasted.
Weapon X
12 years ago
I got a vector as a gift 3 years ago, as long as I use Xikar or Colibri fuel it works fine, also have an Xikar triple torch, but I don't use it much unless i want to impress the hood.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
I use the old colibri refill lighters... I've never used anything other than colibri butane in them and they've all held up for a couple of years without issue...
Legacy
12 years ago

hehe, you no understand🌫

Numismaniac wrote:



Cute kids.

Please enlighten me.
edin508
12 years ago

Cute kids.

Please enlighten me.

Legacy wrote:


Ummm, lol. He is no kid! And his old pipes were made from glass or brass. 😇
bassman45
12 years ago

Colibri Talons are my lighters of choice for cigars. I have had quite a few and they have never failed me. Some I have been using since 2009. I have lost a few and like to keep some stashed in the pole barn, garage, vehicles and my deployment gear, thus I have probably refilled 15 or so. I have never had one fail other than when it is extremely cold out and I have to let the lighter warm up in a pocket. Once the fuel has warmed, the lighter lights up like a champ.

boileremt wrote:


Ding ding winner ! I have 4 top of the line Xikars in need of repair,tired of paying shipping to have fixed.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
Bernzomatic torch (TS3000) should do the trick. Just watch the eye brows.
Legacy
12 years ago

Ummm, lol. He is no kid! And his old pipes were made from glass or brass. 😇

edin508 wrote:



I was speaking about his avatar (kids), no reference made about his age.
ky70
12 years ago
Many lighter malfunctions are a result of the butane fuel. The only lighters that I've known to not care much about fuel quality are Ronson's.

And to my surprise, I found that xikar fuel isn't as good as Vector fuel. I own 30+ lighters and noticed performance and flame issues with several after I switched to xikar fuel for several months. I started to suspect the fuel was an issue so went back to vector. There was an immediate improvement in the flames of several lighters. I literally purged xikar fuel, replaced with vector fuel and saw immediate improvement in the flames of these lighters (I took before and after pics of 4 different lighters and the results were impressive).

My personal favorite torch lighter is the Lotus L48. Angled dual flame, fuel window, discrete slide out punch and can light 8-10 sticks on a full tank. The xikar fuel messed this lighter up and not even the switch back to Vector could fix it. I had no issues with the lighter when running it on vector fuel but after a few months on xikar fuel, the problems started. I had to return the lighter for service. Once it came back working properly, Its been on a steady diet of vector fuel and I have no issues.

Every lighter I own works, all 30ish of em (both inexpensive and not so inexpensive). Vector fuel is the main reason they all work.
Long story short, unless you buy a Ronson lighter, buy Vector fuel as I suspect many of the lighter issues in this thread are due to butane issues.
Numismaniac
12 years ago

Cute kids.

Please enlighten me.

Legacy wrote:






Grandkids actually, the little boy is in the midst of a tough battle with a malignant brain tumor.
Users browsing this topic