Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Well I outgrew my desktop so I bought a small cabinet. Small cabinet is overflowing as well as the desktop. Time for a tower I believe. I used to have a coolidor and it served its purpose but no crazy about having coolers setting everywhere. Been looking at towers for years off and on and really think I am about to pull the trigger. I have done a ton of reading from other sites and some from this site but I just don't trust other forums and sites like I trust my BOTL here. Have a few questions that y'all can hopefully answer. A lot of this is just reassuring me because I am a little nervous, this is a big purchase to me. Looking at these two, leaning towards the verona IMHO it looks better.


http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/39242/verona-deluxe-cabinet-humidor/#p-56429 

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/38314/tower-of-power-humidor/ 

1.I plan on using humi beads, how many lbs do you all use?
2. Do I really need a fan?
3. I have never had anything this size shipped, anything I need to be aware of? Besides crazy shipping prices.
3. Any unforeseen expense that I may have overlooked? Besides enabling myself to spend crazy amount of money on more cigars.
xibbumbero
12 years ago
One suggestion is,rather than buy from CI,wait and get one cheaper on CB. X
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
To be honest I wasn't even considering CI. Their price is no where near others. Not sure what they typical price on cbid is for one of these. Anyone?
CigarManDax
12 years ago
Not sure where your from but if you go into the cigars international stores they knocked the shipping which is like 250 bucks and you can wheel and deal with them little bit on the price! I just bought the old English cabinet humidor holds 3500 cigars for 800 bucks but I had to pick it up! The Verona they were saying was going for around 550 out of the store! Plus they stand behind their products and warranties great with them! If that helps!!
Puffnstuff79
12 years ago
Saw the tower of power floating around $4-500. I can't stop thinking about it either. Coolidor and two desktops is fine for now but I have a little room left in the coolidor and I can't imagine two laying in my downstairs (the air upstairs sucks and fluctuations are an issue). Let me know what you go with to point me out too. I might start working again soon. If I do that will be a certain buy. Good luck bro
denis007
12 years ago
I do not believe this tower has an a/c outlet in it, so if you are gonna go with a fan you will have to do so modifications. You will probably need a few pounds of beads depending on were you live, and the conditions inside your home. Regards 🇨🇮
kombat96
12 years ago
Ndink...I'd suggest 7-8 pounds of beads. Never have to many. A fan or two for circulation if you want it.

Myself I have one 1200-1500 count. I've got 3 pounds and it holds at 62% no fans. I'd like another pound of beads just because.

If u want more suggestions just pm me. I'll give you my knowledge of mine experiences.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/index.php?searchtxt=verona&txttype=items&item=&type=&issearch=true

http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/index.php?searchtxt=tower+of+power&txttype=items&item=&type=&issearch=true 

jeferris wrote:


This helped a lot. Hopefully one will come up soon........wonder if trish can tell me if one will be up for bid soon?
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

Ndink...I'd suggest 7-8 pounds of beads. Never have to many. A fan or two for circulation if you want it.

Myself I have one 1200-1500 count. I've got 3 pounds and it holds at 62% no fans. I'd like another pound of beads just because.

If u want more suggestions just pm me. I'll give you my knowledge of mine experiences.

kombat96 wrote:



I was thinking around the same for beads. The particular verona I was looking at does have plugs on the inside. The ones here however do not.
danmdevries
12 years ago
What wombats said. Looking at the measurements, looks like 12-13 cubic feet. I ran a half pound in my airtight but opened often 2cubic foot box and it struggled in the winter. Upgraded to a full pound and was fine. Id imagine 1/3-1/2 lb per cubic feet would be ideal. Maybe can get by with less if the box is full and not opened much.

Or run an active unit and half as many beads.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

What wombats said. Looking at the measurements, looks like 12-13 cubic feet. I ran a half pound in my airtight but opened often 2cubic foot box and it struggled in the winter. Upgraded to a full pound and was fine. Id imagine 1/3-1/2 lb per cubic feet would be ideal. Maybe can get by with less if the box is full and not opened much.

Or run an active unit and half as many beads.

danmdevries wrote:


I live in southern IL, an active unit would be trouble waiting to happen. Especially with my crazy work schedule.



Found one for $599 and free shipping....
Buckwheat
12 years ago

Well I outgrew my desktop so I bought a small cabinet. Small cabinet is overflowing as well as the desktop. Time for a tower I believe. I used to have a coolidor and it served its purpose but no crazy about having coolers setting everywhere. Been looking at towers for years off and on and really think I am about to pull the trigger. I have done a ton of reading from other sites and some from this site but I just don't trust other forums and sites like I trust my BOTL here. Have a few questions that y'all can hopefully answer. A lot of this is just reassuring me because I am a little nervous, this is a big purchase to me. Looking at these two, leaning towards the verona IMHO it looks better.


http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/39242/verona-deluxe-cabinet-humidor/#p-56429 

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/38314/tower-of-power-humidor/ 

1.I plan on using humi beads, how many lbs do you all use?
2. Do I really need a fan?
3. I have never had anything this size shipped, anything I need to be aware of? Besides crazy shipping prices.
3. Any unforeseen expense that I may have overlooked? Besides enabling myself to spend crazy amount of money on more cigars.

Ndill wrote:



#1 - Use the information from where you get your beads (too much is not a problem).
#2 - Yes.
#3 - Damage
#4 - Save your money and stick with coolers. They look like chit but work and abide with the KISS principle.
#5 - See #4 above.🌫
Plowboy221
12 years ago

I live in southern IL, an active unit would be trouble waiting to happen. Especially with my crazy work schedule.



Found one for $599 and free shipping....

Ndill wrote:




:-k where's about in southern IL, chances are I might not be to far away. I can just come take them all off your hands to help out. [sarcasm]

Informative thread, been considering a tower myself.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Carbondale is where I'm located. And for that comment plowed by a boy I will send you dog rockets 🙂
Plowboy221
12 years ago

Carbondale is where I'm located. And for that comment plowed by a boy I will send you dog rockets :)

Ndill wrote:



#-o haha, I'm from Cape Girardeau only bout hour to hour and half away. Small world…
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Oh yeah I am vet familiar with cape! There used to be a decent B&M there that just closed right? Tobacco lane should still be open (no internet sales/no competitor reference). We should herf!
KingoftheCove
12 years ago

#1 - U
#4 - Save your money and stick with coolers. They look like chit but work and abide with the KISS principle.
🌫

Buckwheat wrote:


^this
bs_kwaj
12 years ago
My Verona came with a power receptacle and wheels. I didn't buy it here. I think I ended up paying $600 or so, including shipping.
Ndill
  • Ndill
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

My Verona came with a power receptacle and wheels. I didn't buy it here. I think I ended up paying $600 or so, including shipping.

bs_kwaj wrote:


Yes the one I was looking at had the same.....
Users browsing this topic