nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
I'm getting tired of hunting around for a particular cigar that I'm looking for and having to go from humidor to humidor to find it. Anyone have a system that helps them keep track of what they have and where it is? Plus, I'm always finding cigars that I didn't know I had and would have smoked if I knew they were there. I guess I need to catalog them in some way, but I don't know what's the best and the easiest way to do it. Little help here?
Abrignac
12 years ago

I'm getting tired of hunting around for a particular cigar that I'm looking for and having to go from humidor to humidor to find it. Anyone have a system that helps them keep track of what they have and where it is? Plus, I'm always finding cigars that I didn't know I had and would have smoked if I knew they were there. I guess I need to catalog them in some way, but I don't know what's the best and the easiest way to do it. Little help here?

nolen wrote:



Can't help you there. I still enjoy the surprise of finding a treat.
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
send them to me and any time you want to know if you have something, you can just call me and ask... I'll even let you know how it smokes...
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
opelmanta1900
12 years ago
what's so funny?






how's your dad doing by the way?
youngra
12 years ago
First sort 'em out in aging range - ready to smoke - could be smoked - don't even want to open the box more than once per month just to check in on conditions. Then just have fun with the first two and smoke what grabs ya when you open the box. Your regular go to's should be in the ready to smoke box...........:-k

If that does not work, send them here for sorting and testing...............................................8-[

RY
🇨🇮
madspackler
12 years ago
I have two humidors - one is top shelf and ISOM smokes, the other holds everything else.
Within each humidor, there are shelves and dividers that allow me to further separate the sticks into categories. The deeper inside the humidor, the better the stick and the more age they have accumulated.

I try to select which humidor I am drawing from beforehand, depending upon the occasion.
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago

what's so funny?






how's your dad doing by the way?

opelmanta1900 wrote:



He's not doing well Opel. I'm meeting with the doctor later today. He has an infection in his chest cavity, they've run two rounds of IV antibiotics through him and the infection is still there. They may have to transfer him back to CCU. Thanks for asking bro.
nolen
  • nolen
  • Herf-A-Holic Topic Starter
12 years ago
Madspac and Youngra, good suggestions, thanks. That would be a monumental task though.
TIGERCDW
12 years ago

I'm getting tired of hunting around for a particular cigar that I'm looking for and having to go from humidor to humidor to find it. Anyone have a system that helps them keep track of what they have and where it is? Plus, I'm always finding cigars that I didn't know I had and would have smoked if I knew they were there. I guess I need to catalog them in some way, but I don't know what's the best and the easiest way to do it. Little help here?

nolen wrote:




Set up virtual humidors at cigargeek.com

TIGER
Thunder.Gerbil
12 years ago
opelmanta1900
12 years ago

He's not doing well Opel. I'm meeting with the doctor later today. He has an infection in his chest cavity, they've run two rounds of IV antibiotics through him and the infection is still there. They may have to transfer him back to CCU. Thanks for asking bro.

nolen wrote:




that's not what I wanted to hear... but God has a plan for everything... I'll be praying for him... and you...
Palama
12 years ago

He's not doing well Opel. I'm meeting with the doctor later today. He has an infection in his chest cavity, they've run two rounds of IV antibiotics through him and the infection is still there. They may have to transfer him back to CCU. Thanks for asking bro.

nolen wrote:



Prayers and positive thoughts sent. 🙏
ZRX1200
12 years ago
Sorry bout your dad.

As tp the op, my advise would depend on humi size. Mine is large (6'x3'x3' inside) with three racks. I have CC boxes on the bottom rack, center rack has clear plastic tubs that I got at Staples® which have specific cigars inside (one houses Viaje, Tatuaje and Liga another houses Fuente and MF. Others have vaious segregation like lanceros and I have a old tub). Top shelf has gifted sticks and recent purchased singles waiting to be sorted, and NC boxes, two empty antique boxes of my great great grandfather, and my Camacho Liberty coffins.
Buckwheat
12 years ago
I came up with spreadsheets. One for boxes listing where I bought it and for how much along with the box code and any other important info. Same for singles which was not as easy as the boxes as not everyone is/was as OCD about it as I was/am. Still didn't help with finding anything but it gave me an idea of what I had. I did start putting "Open" labels on boxes that I'd cracked open because on more than one occasion (and in an intoxicated state) I would just grab the first box that I could find and snag a stick out of it. No real easy solution aside from just going Mega-OCD and keeping a log of each humidor. YMMV

Sorry about your dad. Went through the whole Infection F-Fest myself. Prayers and thought sent your way.
KingoftheCove
12 years ago
Excel is my friend, cause I have OCD (over-sized cawk disease)

It's nice to know where a cigar is, how many I have, when I bought them, what I paid, and some notes I made about it and a score.
I can look at my collection by Name (alphabetically), Date, or Location.
Makes picking/choosing really easy......especially when putting together a travel humi for a trip.
youngra
12 years ago

Madspac and Youngra, good suggestions, thanks. That would be a monumental task though.

nolen wrote:



1st off - sorry about you Dad - that stuff can get rough.....

Which is more monumental - sorting or sending!!:-k 🤔 🤔

🇨🇮
stogiemonger
12 years ago
Prayers sent for dad and the family, Nolen.

I couldn't help much with this except to say that, for me cataloguing all of my cigars would take the fun out of humi diving, and humi tetris.
mikey1597
12 years ago
I just dig in and see what I can find.
jeferris
12 years ago
Users browsing this topic