victor809
10 years ago
Drafter... Your entire set of comments in this thread boil down to "its appropriate to shoot a suspect who isn't doing what they're told"....

I'm sorry you think that way... But you probably should move to Russia or North Korea or some other country more in line with your values.
DrafterX
10 years ago
Maybe you're reading it that way because the thead is about some dude getting shot for not doing what he's told... perhaps if the thread was about someone being slapped around you'd see it that way instead... 😟
victor809
10 years ago
Hey it's cool drafter. A guy got shot... Your stance is that he must not have done what the cops said, and he musta mouthed off to them or something... And that justifies it in your mind. .. I'm fine with that... Just want to make sure we're clear on what appropriate responses are to that's stuff.

Am I allowed to shoot people for not doing what I tell them too? Or is it just the cops that you think it's OK for?
teedubbya
10 years ago
I am seeing an ends justifies the means mentality quite a bit lately. if you believe something is right or wrong it's not that important how you get there as long as you land in the right place.

This mentality seems to be creeping in to many political subjects lately (not speaking specifically of cbid) and in my mind it is exactly what our founding fathers designed the system to prevent. It can be uncomfortable, clumsy at times, very inconvenient, and sometimes lead to a result that is distasteful or unsatisfying but it is necessary. I too often now am seeing the since due process won't meet our immediate needs based on the whim of the day we need to do something different. This is dangerous and our system was designed specifically to protect us from this. No one side is innocent of this shift.
DrafterX
10 years ago
I was just speculating but it is a common denominator in many shootings... I never said I was fine with it either... just stating how I would and have acted with a gun in my face... 😟
teedubbya
10 years ago

Hey it's cool drafter. A guy got shot... Your stance is that he must not have done what the cops said, and he musta mouthed off to them or something... And that justifies it in your mind. .. I'm fine with that... Just want to make sure we're clear on what appropriate responses are to that's stuff.

Am I allowed to shoot people for not doing what I tell them too? Or is it just the cops that you think it's OK for?

victor809 wrote:




In a nutshell thats why I am bothered more by a cop killing a citizen in questionable circumstances than the strawman "what about black on black violence" diversion. First of all its not mutually exclusive and both are issues worthy of problem solving. But secondly the issue of authority comes in to play. I expect more of people in authority and the standards for which their actions should be judged should be higher as a result.

so no victor you can not shoot someone for not doing what you are telling them too because you have no authority. But if you did have authority with it comes responsibility so make sure you plant evidence and stuff.
opelmanta1900
10 years ago

Hey it's cool drafter. A guy got shot... Your stance is that he must not have done what the cops said, and he musta mouthed off to them or something... And that justifies it in your mind. .. I'm fine with that... Just want to make sure we're clear on what appropriate responses are to that's stuff.

Am I allowed to shoot people for not doing what I tell them too? Or is it just the cops that you think it's OK for?

victor809 wrote:


I think that right there is where you did a little conclusion-jumping-to...
victor809
10 years ago
Post 5... "I guess the cops should have waited until a gun was poinyed at them" (paraphrased)... Sounds like a justification to me. (ps, drafter, you may want to ixnay on the sarcasm-ay before heading to North Korea. I hear that's illegal there now)
DrafterX
10 years ago
you interpret stuff funny... just sayin... 😟
opelmanta1900
10 years ago
your arms must be pretty long cuz you're definitely reaching... and he actually immediately followed that statement with "I dunno..."
DrafterX
10 years ago
He just misses Bloody... he'll be alright... 😟
victor809
10 years ago
Drafter follows everything with "I dunno" and "film at11"...
DrafterX
10 years ago
victor809
10 years ago
And that thing ^

It's how he tries to lull you into a false sense of security before he shoots you for noncompliance
DrafterX
10 years ago
Speyside
10 years ago
Cove, the more I read your post I realise your comment was legitimate and has a viable point. I'm apologize.
DrafterX
10 years ago
There's one in the spotlight, he don't look right to me,
Get him up against the wall!
That one looks Jewish!
And that one's a coon!
Who let all of this riff-raff into the room?
There's one smoking a joint,
And another with spots!
If I had my way,
I'd have all of you shot..!! 😟
teedubbya
10 years ago

Cove, the more I read your post I realise your comment was legitimate and has a viable point. I'm apologize. [sarcasm]

Speyside wrote:



Dude. NO!

Never EVER show weakness in here. They will tear apart your flesh. Go back and edit with the sarcasm thingie
DrafterX
10 years ago
🤔 so, he's one of them Illinois Nazi sympathizer dudes..?? 😕
Speyside
10 years ago
LMAO! It's all good.
Users browsing this topic