opelmanta1900
9 years ago
No, not what I named my Richard Nixon...

I'm a fairly healthy guy... last Thursday had the sensation like i was falling forward and to the left.... almost like something was pulling me that way.... fast forward over a week and it hasn't gone away... got tested for almost everything and everything came back negative... at times it's a minor inconvenience... at other times it stops me from doing everything...

kind of a trip... at first i was sincerely worried, now I'm just anxious to get it taken care of before fishing... already backing out of the season opener for fear I'm not gonna be able to stand on the boat without falling over...

Anyone else feel like they're falling over?

KingoftheCove
9 years ago
You prolly already have, but do some googling........lots of causes.
I seem to remember a botl here had it as well.
I had a minor case...........for one day.......went away......wasn't sick, nothing......got lucky.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Ya, googling a ton... what's scary is in the last week I've heard of 4 other guys my age with no medical problems all suffering the same thing... the doctor is theorizing it's an allergy to pollen... lots and lots of that floating around right now...
KingoftheCove
9 years ago

Ya, googling a ton... what's scary is in the last week I've heard of 4 other guys my age with no medical problems all suffering the same thing... the doctor is theorizing it's an allergy to pollen... lots and lots of that floating around right now...

opelmanta1900 wrote:


That has been a theory for a while now............seems plausible
victor809
9 years ago
Prolly dying.
99cobra2881
9 years ago
Mine was Ramsey Hunt syndrome aka shingles. It attacked facial nerves on the right side of my head and was in my right inner ear, so that's why my balance was so awful. I was so dizzy I couldn't walk without someone balancing me.

I should mention that I thought mine was an ear infection at first but it wasn't.
rfenst
9 years ago
See a neurologist!
MACS
9 years ago

Prolly dying.

victor809 wrote:



He ain't allowed. Not until we go fishing in May, anyway...
victor809
9 years ago
He can only die on the fishing trip if he brings enough cigars for us to split amongst ourselves afterwards... otherwise body disposal won't really be worth it.
delta1
9 years ago
geez, tough crowd... I had to pass on a fishing day on MACS' boat a couple of weeks ago, due to an inner ear infection that induced dizziness, like vertigo. Right ear is still plugged and I may have to have it drained and have a tube inserted...my problems seemed to start with a cold I caught near the end of a cruise that evolved into an ear infection.

Hope you get better...
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Sorry to hear that, hope the docs can figure it out for you! Be careful...don't want to fall and break a hip.
MACS
9 years ago

He can only die on the fishing trip if he brings enough cigars for us to split amongst ourselves afterwards... otherwise body disposal won't really be worth it.

victor809 wrote:



Seems we have Victor committed, now.

You didn't miss much, Al. It was a bad day for catching fish.
itsawaldo
9 years ago

See a neurologist!

rfenst wrote:



And a cardiologist!
Peckerhead
9 years ago

Prolly dying.

victor809 wrote:



+1

I died a little just now.











OF LAUGHTER.
Thanks.
elRopo
9 years ago
Yup, inner ear shizzitis. That's why us geezers are always falling down.. I had to hire a couple hookers to hold me up when I go fishing.
Mr. Jones
9 years ago
I have a buddy who had vertigo BAD!!

Off and on for months over a whole year....
Went away then came back once...

I'll text him and ask what his diagnosis was
And is...
And how they cured or treated his vertigo...

Get back to you soon.
Gotta text him...
He's RICH AND ALWAYS WORKING OR ON VACATION...

Just got a text from him today of the inside of a
COLORADO pot dispensary....
He could be on VACATION there now???
Peckerhead
9 years ago
Gotta be cancer.
Don't worry about it.
elRopo
9 years ago

Gotta be cancer.
Don't worry about it.

Peckerhead wrote:


Doctor Pecker I presume?
Office hours 10-2-4
Burner02
9 years ago
If you have extreme vertigo you probably will be flat on your back and not walking around or on the computer. My better half has had a couple of episodes of extreme vertigo through the years that always resulted in trips to the doctor for a few injections and a couple of days of bed rest. Usually inner ear related or even can be caused by an odd tweak of the neck.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago

If you have extreme vertigo you probably will be flat on your back and not walking around or on the computer. My better half has had a couple of episodes of extreme vertigo through the years that always resulted in trips to the doctor for a few injections and a couple of days of bed rest. Usually inner ear related or even can be caused by an odd tweak of the neck.

Burner02 wrote:



it's definitely not "extreme" but "regular vertigo" makes a lousy name for a johnson... I'm thankful it isn't terrible and isn't completely stopping me from getting around and the like... sorry to hear that about your wife (or husband, no judgement)... she still get it randomly or is it all cleared up?
Users browsing this topic