ZRX1200
9 years ago
Just polished off a painkiller
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago
I don't drink...

















































But when I get thirsty.
Woodford Double Oaked when I've been dry for awhile.
George Dickel when I'm out of Woodford. (Usually in a Hillbilly Old Fashioned)
Stouts ands Porters when I'm out of Dickle.

Then I eat 2 packs of ramen noodles, half box of Oreos and go to bed.
Choooch
9 years ago

I rarely stray from Bourbon or Scotch neat.........some need 1 cube.When I do stray it isn't far,Old Fashioned and very rarely a Manhattan.

Whistlebritches wrote:


What he said, except I like to add water by the drop or splash instead of a cube.
And in no particular order...
Mint Julep, the best hot weather bourbon cocktail.
Bourbon and Cheerwine with bitters
Gin and tonic with fever tree tonic
Vodka and soda with lemon and lime
Fernet Branca and coke
Hillbillyjosh770
9 years ago


Bourbon and Cheerwine with bitters

Choooch wrote:



Yeah that's sounds agaf! Gonna try that.
T-ReXXX
9 years ago
1. Bourbon & 'rocks'

2. anjeo tequilas 'neat', in a snifter glass
Hmhaines
9 years ago
The only mixed drink I ever order is a Gimlet. Not sure what the correct proportions are, I usually just eyeball it when I make them at home. Two ways to make it:

Gin & Rose's Lime Juice
Gin, fresh lime juice, simple syrup

Throw it in a rocks glass with a bit of ice and a wedge of lime. My preferred gin is Vikre Boreal Juniper, damned good stuff. And no, vodka Gimlets aren't a thing.
ZRX1200
9 years ago
We usually have muddled cucumber in a gimlet.
jjanecka
9 years ago
If you're the margarita type and appriciate things of a smoky nature, one of my favorites is the Mezcal Paloma, I usually do a heavily smoked mezcal and then you just mix with grapefruit juice and sprite or a grapefruit soda.

Another good one is muddled cilantro, tequila/mezcal, sweet and sour, topped with chile (tajin) or rimmed with chile salt.

I had an interesting "tequila old fashioned" yesterday at an argentine grill that featured Tequila and Xocolatle Mole Bitters. It was a little on the sweet side but I think if they would use a good mezcal, it could be a real contender.
NapalmMan67
9 years ago
I had to look up what the hell cheerwine is. Sounds like it would ruin any bourbon you put it in and then to add bitters? Yikes.


Bourbon, scotch and whisky. Sometimes a cube to accompany if the mood strikes me.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Cheerwine is delicious...but not sure mixed with alcohol...
tailgater
9 years ago

While I am typically a vodka rocks garnished with lime or bourbon or scotch on the rocks guy, and those technically aren't cocktails, my cocktail preference would be a vodka martini (or Kangaroo for you purists). I did try something I enjoyed recently, though. Didn't catch the name but it was cucumber, cilantro and jalapeño muddled, then add him and a dash of simple syrup, shake and serve. Very interesting favors.

SmokeMonkey wrote:



A few Mexican food joints around here make a margarita with cucumber and jalepeno. Mmmmm.
tailgater
9 years ago
As for summertime favorites?

I've been partial lately to my own concoction.

Gentlemen, behold the Johito. (pronounce Joe Heeto)
It's a mojito with Ginger Beer in place of the soda water/simple syrup.

Friggin A.

frankj1
9 years ago

As for summertime favorites?

I've been partial lately to my own concoction.

Gentlemen, behold the Johito. (pronounce Joe Heeto)
It's a mojito with Ginger Beer in place of the soda water/simple syrup.

Friggin A.

tailgater wrote:


had I known, I would have been over for breakfast.
Had to take The Lovely Caren to Woods Hole for the Vineyard ferry....

upon rereading, that sounds kinda creepy.
abjd14
9 years ago
Old fashioned.

Rye or bourbon
Homemade brown sugar simple syrup
4 dashes bitters, 2 Orange, 2 pichards
And Luxardo maraschino cherry.

Do not use any other cherry then Luxardo.
abjd14
9 years ago
Old fashion for fall winter

Spring summer

Paloma
Tequila (choose ur level of drunk)
Pinch of salt (not table)
Half a lime
Top is with grapefruit soda
jjanecka
9 years ago
Mint juleps are always good during hot weather but I don't like the crushed ice.
Stinkdyr
9 years ago

Just found out that the store by my house finally has Goslings Ginger Beer in stock, so I can now make my favorite drink a lot easier. The drink is:

The Dark And Stormy
3 1/3 oz Ginger Beer,
Couple dashes of bitters,
2 oz Dark Rum (I prefer Kraken)

Rum 1st, Then Bitters, Then top off with the Ginger Beer. Garnish with lime if youre into garnish.

What mixed drinks do you guys like?

zerohourhero wrote:




This drink goes great with cigars.....but you need to make it with Goslings Rum.

=d>
Whistlebritches
9 years ago
Been on a summer time vodka/gin & tonic kick with the occasional Moscow Mule thrown in for good measure.Fall will bring on my bourbon tooth I assure you.
Users browsing this topic