America's #1 Online Cigar Auction
first, best, biggest!

Last post 3 weeks ago by teedubbya. 420 replies replies.
9 Pages<123456789>
Random Thoughts
delta1 Offline
#51 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
RMAN4443 wrote:
I'm sorry...Anxious


yah...me tooBlushing
Whistlebritches Offline
#52 Posted:
Joined: 04-23-2006
Posts: 19,090
Short woman like tall guys so they can reach stuff for them,been doing it 38 years.I'm obviously closer to the top shelf so why is it insulting to ask a short woman to pick schit up you drop?She is in fact closer to the floor.
delta1 Offline
#53 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
I'm gonna tell Annie
fishinguitarman Offline
#54 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 69,106
If somebody was born on leap year day 40 years ago

Wouldn’t that make them 10?
Pudding Mittens Offline
#55 Posted:
Joined: 08-15-2016
Posts: 1,248
.
"Art does not render the visible, it renders visible."
.
clintCigar Offline
#56 Posted:
Joined: 05-14-2019
Posts: 2,361
Sunoverbeach wrote:
If the universe is truly infinite, then isn't every imaginable version of life on other planets guaranteed to exist?

Welcome to the multiverse!
teedubbya Offline
#57 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
If FGM doesn't wipe is it racist if he is wearing brownface?
delta1 Offline
#58 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
fishinguitarman wrote:
If somebody was born on leap year day 40 years ago

Wouldn’t that make them 10?


one of my SIL's nieces was born on Leap Day. February 29...she's officially two but she looks much older than her age...
delta1 Offline
#59 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
teedubbya wrote:
If FGM doesn't wipe is it racist if he is wearing brownface?

nah...he's forgiven because that's his best face...
jjanecka Offline
#60 Posted:
Joined: 12-08-2015
Posts: 4,333
victor809 wrote:
If one is religious, then the unborn are not innocent.

They are part of their god's plan, and when aborted, that is according to plan as well.

If they go un-aborted, given that they were "given life" by an omniscient and omnipotent creator, that creator had already predetermined at the time they "gave them life" exactly how their entire life would go, down to the smallest minutia. As such, they are not "innocent". You just personally don't know what atrocities they will commit in the future. But if you're religious then you have to believe that they are already predetermined to create them.

Kill the fetuses. Kill the prisoners. Hell, kill the prisoners using dead fetuses.... or vice versa.


Predestination is not part of all religions; Judaism, and most mainstream Christian denominations do not believe in it. While, yes, it is agreeable that God is omnicient and has the ability to forsee every possible outcome free will makes that determination random therefore God knows the most likely outcomes but surprises can still occur. There is nothing predestined or determined already for us in this life; circumstances can unpredictability change as well as choices.

Even the standard goes according to Biblical Law that even the hand of God cannot interfere with the vote of a council. Say the vote was between red or green shoes. If God came down and demanded that all elders wear green shoes and the council voted for red shoes then the red shoe ruling stands due to our free will.

As for unborn children, we cannot say rightly what happens to them or where their soul goes. The Church for centuries asserted that their souls remain in a state of limbo being niether alive or dead, just stuck in a vaccum more or less until their appointed day to stand before the Lord during the final Judgement.
victor809 Offline
#61 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 22,205
jjanecka wrote:
Predestination is not part of all religions; Judaism, and most mainstream Christian denominations do not believe in it. While, yes, it is agreeable that God is omnicient and has the ability to forsee every possible outcome free will makes that determination random therefore God knows the most likely outcomes but surprises can still occur. There is nothing predestined or determined already for us in this life; circumstances can unpredictability change as well as choices.

Even the standard goes according to Biblical Law that even the hand of God cannot interfere with the vote of a council. Say the vote was between red or green shoes. If God came down and demanded that all elders wear green shoes and the council voted for red shoes then the red shoe ruling stands due to our free will.

As for unborn children, we cannot say rightly what happens to them or where their soul goes. The Church for centuries asserted that their souls remain in a state of limbo being niether alive or dead, just stuck in a vaccum more or less until their appointed day to stand before the Lord during the final Judgement.


That's simply false. You are drawing arbitrary borders around the concepts of "omnipotent" and "omniscient".

If your god knows every possible outcome of a choice, they ALSO know which choice you will make. That's omniscience. You cannot say they know the outcome of every choice (that's knowledge of every possible future) without also acknowledging they will know which choice you will make. If they don't know which choice you will make with your "free will" then they cannot know what the outcomes will be of your choices, because the outcomes will be dependent on other people's choices.

It is logically incompatible to state a god will know the outcome of a choice without also acknowledging that they also know what you will choose.

With that in mind, you have eliminated free will. There may be the illusion of free will, but your god knows every choice you will make from birth to death. They must know this, because some of your choices will be in reaction to other people's "free will", which the god knows the outcome to.

With no free will, every person is born with the full complement of their sins already known. They are not innocent. They were born to be exactly who they will become, sins and all. Innocence is an illusion.

As for what your god chooses to do with unborn kids, that's your religion's choice. I have little care for what they believe occurs. Since the god is both omniscient and omnipotent, they were designed to be killed from the beginning. The god knew what choices the parents would make when the god first created the great great great (etc) grandparents of the dead unborn.
MACS Offline
#62 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,140
Hey... jackasses... this is the RANDOM THOUGHTS thread... not argue about f'n religion thread.
victor809 Offline
#63 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 22,205
MACS wrote:
Hey... jackasses... this is the RANDOM THOUGHTS thread... not argue about f'n religion thread.


You and Spey started it. Don't be bitching at jj and I
Sunoverbeach Offline
#64 Posted:
Joined: 08-11-2017
Posts: 4,175
Random thoughts be gettin heavy up in here
MACS Offline
#65 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,140
victor809 wrote:
You and Spey started it. Don't be bitching at jj and I


Did not!! Anxious
victor809 Offline
#66 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 22,205
MACS wrote:
Did not!! Anxious


Posts #3 and #4 biznitch! :)

One could argue you initiated the discussion jj and I are having with the introduction of the concept of "innocence".
MACS Offline
#67 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,140
d'oh!
Speyside Offline
#68 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,013
Hey MACS, I'm glad someone told us we are biotchin, cuz I didn't know we were. Did you?
MACS Offline
#69 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,140
Speyside wrote:
Hey MACS, I'm glad someone told us we are biotchin, cuz I didn't know we were. Did you?


Pretty sure he said we're beotches, not bitchin'... but I got an outie not an innie... so I disagree.
delta1 Offline
#70 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
why don't flies fall off when they walk on glass surfaces?
teedubbya Offline
#71 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Why was wheel hanging out by izon at the VH?
delta1 Offline
#72 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
say wat?
teedubbya Offline
#73 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Didn’t you see the ghost of wheel?
Speyside Offline
#74 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,013
Knowing a conclusion does not imply lack of free will. It does imply precognition. You are saying if JJ'S God exists my future is predetermined and it is never my choice. That logic just doesn't fly.
teedubbya Offline
#75 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Are boogers really salty?
delta1 Offline
#76 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
teedubbya wrote:
Didn’t you see the ghost of wheel?


no...but several guys are saying I participated like a ghost...
delta1 Offline
#77 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
has anybody really seen a flying logic?
MACS Offline
#78 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,140
teedubbya wrote:
Are boogers really salty?


You tell us...
victor809 Offline
#79 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 22,205
Speyside wrote:
Knowing a conclusion does not imply lack of free will. It does imply precognition. You are saying if JJ'S God exists my future is predetermined and it is never my choice. That logic just doesn't fly.


You forget the other parts, the combination of omnipotence, and creation.

If you have precognition of every future choice made by every person for thousands of generations forward.... and you create the first one.... your every choice was predetermined by the select set of circumstances generated "6,000" years ago (going by christian timeframe).

Depending on how one views the actions of their god in the religion... (whether they started everything and left, or whether they are choosing each unique soul for every infant) the control may even be more direct.
teedubbya Offline
#80 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Why can’t some people understand the intent of certain threads?
victor809 Offline
#81 Posted:
Joined: 10-14-2011
Posts: 22,205
teedubbya wrote:
Why can’t some people understand the intent of certain threads?


Because it's more fun to anger MACS by not having random thoughts
delta1 Offline
#82 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
here's one for MACS: if no one smells it did you really fart?
teedubbya Offline
#83 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
If Macs farts does it smell like seamen?
delta1 Offline
#84 Posted:
Joined: 11-23-2011
Posts: 21,778
pretty sure he sharted at the last Morro Bay FishnHerf, but nobody wanted to get near him...so we don't know
teedubbya Offline
#85 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Was the stain brown or white?
HockeyDad Offline
#86 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 38,318
I need a haircut
teedubbya Offline
#87 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Thinking about waxing
HockeyDad Offline
#88 Posted:
Joined: 09-20-2000
Posts: 38,318
Not thinking too hard about waxing yet
teedubbya Offline
#89 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Wax on wax off
MACS Offline
#90 Posted:
Joined: 02-26-2004
Posts: 68,140
I ain't mad, Victor...

And I don't eat flowers, so my farts smell like sh*t, not like roses... or seamen.
fishinguitarman Offline
#91 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 69,106
Just blow vicki off... not like TFlubber does

But you know what I’m sayin
Speyside Offline
#92 Posted:
Joined: 03-16-2015
Posts: 10,013
Got it, kind of dense on my part. You're saying if JJ'S God exists Trump has done nothing wrong because he had no free will in the matter. Wouldn't this also mean that Trump is a better person than you? I think Trump believes in the same God JJ does, if so based on what you are saying they both need to understand they have no free will so there is no good or bad for them. You on the other hand have free will based on your lack of belief, so you can do good or bad. Unless of course you want to say you have never done bad.
teedubbya Offline
#93 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Did trump believe in god before it benefited him politically?

Just a random thought.
fishinguitarman Offline
#94 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 69,106
Now THAT is blasphemy.

And insulting the beliefs of Christians

Cheep shot TW, even for you

You don’t have to agree with Christian beliefs, but that was just uncalled for
teedubbya Offline
#95 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Wtf are you talking about?
teedubbya Offline
#96 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
I believe. It’s trump that didn’t seem to until he needed the voting block.
fishinguitarman Offline
#97 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 69,106
So you’re judging!
Dg west deptford Online
#98 Posted:
Joined: 05-25-2019
Posts: 624
You believe? You do well to believe but...
The demon's believe - and tremble. it won't help a bit.
Belief in the sense spoken of here is next to nothing.
It's Passover folks a celebration feast reminder - the perfect lamb was slain for our sake to save us from wrath and deliver us from slavery to sin.
Definitely not random but at least it's not the Calvinism vs armenianism debate. :-O
fishinguitarman Offline
#99 Posted:
Joined: 07-29-2006
Posts: 69,106
The only thing you believe in is obviously YOU
teedubbya Offline
#100 Posted:
Joined: 08-14-2003
Posts: 90,771
Lmao
Users browsing this topic
Guest
9 Pages<123456789>