neko2
21 years ago
I may be too new on this board to sign up but if not I'd like to give this a go.

I've done quite a few passarounds over at bladeforums.com under the username neko2. They have a good, bad and ugly forum that you can check up on folks with...

If I'm good let me know. artemis125 (at) twmi.rr.com

Thanks
dpreece
  • dpreece
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
Pancho and R6

Will you please email me?

dpreece at onewest dot net
dpreece
  • dpreece
  • Connoisseur Topic Starter
21 years ago
First off let me say I am sorry I have not been around to follow what has been going on with this thread since I posted it, or believe me I would have cued in immediately. Another fine BOTL has brought me up to speed on the contents of the box or shall we say the lack there of. I will say that it doesn’t surprise me that the box got progressively worse. When I received it, it had some 20 sticks in it along with several other items i.e. pocket knifes, calendars etc. Nothing in the box stood out to me so I took nothing and added a few sticks and a few of my traditional Idaho Spuds (sorry the spuds died a horrible death VJ LOL) and sent it on its way the same day I received it. Now that that’s said the box sounds like it has been restocked properly and the game is back on. However I deeply regret passing a box on that was not up to par and for that I hope you all will accept my apology! This problem should have been nipped in the bud along time ago and I presume that many other fine BOTL before me did as I did and just passed the box along to the next person and for not completely fixing the problem when I had the chance I am sorry. Also I would like to send whoever restocked the box a little token of appreciation from one BOTL to another and say thank you!

Thanks for your time
Dustin
Pancho
21 years ago
Time to clear the air. What I'm about to say is not intended as a slam against any particular person. I received the pass last week in very poor condition. There were 20+ cigars in 2 tupperware containers and maybe 3 of those cigars were decent. The rest were throwaways which, I suspect, have been mailed around the country for the past several months because no one wants dog rockets. I got rid of all of the rockets and replaced them with decent cigars. The package that is on the way to Chief is fully restocked and contains some good smokes.

It is up to the people downstream to decide how to handle the future of the pass. All I can say is that it is a major disappointment to monitor this pass for a month waiting for your turn only to receive a bunch of throwaways. That said, I do not blame anyone for sending the package along without replacing the cigars because that is exactly what the rules say you should do.

For the future, I hope you will all keep in mind the golden rule of BOTL-hood: don't send anyone any cigars that you do not like to smoke.
Da Chief
21 years ago
D---

Pancho is the one who stepped up to stock the box. I am waiting on a box from Pinto, and VJ to add to the collection. I too will add some nice smokes. But I think Pancho deserves the credit. He stepped up and identified the problem with the box and fixed it.

Da Chief
sloth
21 years ago
don't get too crazy...
Pancho
21 years ago
Sloth is right. There will not be a need to add to the pass, except to take/put. I sent Chief 20 cigars.
teedubbya
21 years ago
I think posting the take/put does more than keep you honest, it also protects you.

For example, if you take nothing, put nothing it is what it is and everyone knows it. I'll post what I do, sunlight is a good thing.

Thanks for starting and maintaining this thing, all who have done so.

Da Chief
21 years ago
I got the boxes but still at work to have a look. My wonderful wife called and told me. So will look at them shortly and let the fellas know.

Da Chief
Da Chief
21 years ago
Okay here is what Da Chief got in Da Mail from Da Panch and Da Velvet still waiting on Da Pinto's contributions....

My takes are on the left of the arrow and the puts are on the right. Takes------>Puts.....It is up to the following BOTL's if they want to annotate Takes and Puts. I did it so I wouldn't get blamed for Dog Rocketing the box.

KISS Box contents...(From Da Panch)
-Black Pearl Maduro
-Punch
-Carlos Tarano Exodus
-Legends...Green Label and Blue Label
-Perdomo Reserve LT Cab-White Label
-Perdomo2
-Cupido
-CAO MX2 --------> Carlos Torano Tribute Church Vin2003
-RyJ #4 --------> Gurka Regent
-Gurka mini (Looks like a roach..LOL)
-Cuban Perejo (Fat ****)
-Perdomo Reserve Cab with Red Label
-RyJ Reserva Real
-Onyx
-CAO Black
-CAO Brazilia Go
-Hoya De Monterrey Dark Sumi

VJ's Contibutions..(Thanks BOTL!)
-Monte Cristo
-La Gloria Cubana Serie R
-Olivia
-Perdomo Reserve LT Cab - White label
-Cusano Corojo 1997 Vintage
-Punch Rare Corojo -------> Macanudo Vintage 1997
-CAO Brazilia Ipenema -----> AF Gran Reserva

I am still waiting on the contributions from Pinto. The box has been rehumi'ed and is ready to go as soon as Pinto's beans get here. LOL!

There was a bag with matches,a cutter, a humi crystal tube. I put in one of my Chief's Coins so if anyone collects coins like I do it is there for ya.

SLOTH...send me your snailer just to make sure I have it. edge_80917 at yahoo dot com.

Da Chief
Da Chief
21 years ago
Ooops...missed the RP 1992 on my scribble list. I will update the list once again when I get Pinto's Beans..

Gary aka Da Chief.
sloth
21 years ago
da email is da sent
mr.harten
21 years ago
First, big thanks to the BOTL who got this thing back on track - you know who you are. Second, shame on those of you who used this as a vehicle to dump dog rockets - you too know who you are.

Pancho and I have discussed this and other recent poor trades offline and it is realy a shame, we are losing good BOTL to other lists becasue of it...

With that said, I would like to get in line here, behind teedubbya, so please email me and I will send you my snailer.

clark at cadaocao dot com
Da Chief
21 years ago
List updated.

1. sloth
2. wennerman
3. eodusmc
4. zapgr
5. teedubbya
6. mr.harten

There are alot of good smokes in the boxes thanks to Pancho, VJ, and yours truely. I took and replaced with an upgrade. If anyone thinks what I took and put was not an upgrade let me know before I ship and I will fix. No hard feelings.... 🙂

Da Chief
sloth
21 years ago
looks good to me
Pancho
21 years ago
Remember folks, you are free to upgrade the smokes if you want, but it can't be a requirement in a perpetual pass like this or within a month it will be nothing but super super premiums. Just be fair (roughly equivalent sticks) and don't pass on any turds that find their way into the box.
Da Chief
21 years ago
What Pancho said.....LOL!

I upgraded cause I wanted to! LOL!

Now if and when I get Pinto's Beans...I might dog rocket you fools...LOL! JOKING!!!!!!!!!!

Pancho...thanks for the lil sumpin sumpin! Your a stand up BOTL!

Da Chief!
Da Chief
21 years ago
TTT...

If Pinto's beans don't get here by saturday I will check every thing and send out to SLOTH! Cool?

Da Chief
eodusmc
21 years ago
happy happy joy joy almost here.
mr.harten
21 years ago
Teedub,

Just sent you my snailer.

Clark
Users browsing this topic