frankj1
9 years ago

I've seen dead bodies with the plain rubber waders rush past my fishing spot. Twice.

ZRX1200 wrote:


what size, and how new?
Just Relax
9 years ago
My guess is bloated. And couldn't be too new if the bodies went past more than once.

But nice post
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

what size, and how new?

frankj1 wrote:



LMMFAO.........I love you Frank,in a purely sexual nature
rastusmcnair
9 years ago
I've used neoprene stockingfoot waders and felt soled boots for cold western freestone rivers. Uninsulated, you can always ad some long underwear if need be. And with a stocking foot you can switch to fins if you use a belly boat sometimes.

Years ago I had some flyweights. They were nice for hot Summer fishing or warmer waters.
frankj1
9 years ago

LMMFAO.........I love you Frank,in a purely sexual nature

Whistlebritches wrote:


well that's a relief.
ypetryna
9 years ago
Went from rubber, to neoprene, to breathable stocking foot with felt soled boots.
Felt vs lug sole is sometimes dictated by state law, i remember in CO i was not able to pick up any felt soles.
Terrain also depends on what material youd want, but breathables are easier to patch. For bootfoot waders, once the seals around the boots crack, which is unavoidable over time, they are pretty much gonners. Hope thats somewhat helpful
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

Went from rubber, to neoprene, to breathable stocking foot with felt soled boots.
Felt vs lug sole is sometimes dictated by state law, i remember in CO i was not able to pick up any felt soles.
Terrain also depends on what material youd want, but breathables are easier to patch. For bootfoot waders, once the seals around the boots crack, which is unavoidable over time, they are pretty much gonners. Hope thats somewhat helpful

ypetryna wrote:



Been on my current pair of boot foot breathables for 11 years........and I duck hunt alot
Whistlebritches
9 years ago

well that's a relief.

frankj1 wrote:



Something told me you'd find that comforting
frankj1
9 years ago
one day, we are gonna pahhhtay!
ZRX1200
9 years ago
I didn't want to swim out, he was obviously dead......but I did get a beer out of his cooler that also washed down. Heap beer but it was cold, just like the owner buying cheap waders.
Hank_The_Tank
9 years ago
Thanks for the help!
Buckwheat
9 years ago
My preference is non-insulated "breathable" waders. As far as wading boots are concerned it is better to get ones without felt soles because they are not allowed on some streams/rivers. I've got the hip waders (https://goo.gl/dBhcDo) and wading boots (https://goo.gl/wdTVMR) from Cabelas and both work fine. I also have non-insulated "breathable" chest waders that I've used for years from Orvis that I got on sale several years ago on sale. I had the Orvis waders flooded in Alaska while fly fishing a stream and I didn't have any problem getting out and to safety with them full of water. Best of luck and try to catch Cabelas when they are on sale and they are a bargain.

I've got a boot foot pair of breathable waders size large that are collecting dust if you are interested. Let me know if you have any interest in them and I'll dig them up and get you more detail.
ypetryna
9 years ago

Been on my current pair of boot foot breathables for 11 years........and I duck hunt alot

Whistlebritches wrote:



probably goes without saying that you get what you pay for, lol. im impressed with any waders that make it passed the 10 year mark. what kind you got?
ZRX1200
9 years ago
I've got a 20 year old pair of Hodgmans.
opelmanta1900
9 years ago
Why are felt soles not allowed on some rivers and streams?
ZRX1200
9 years ago
Damage to fish habitat.
teedubbya
9 years ago

Damage to fish habitat.

ZRX1200 wrote:





Fake Science..... WGAF? Do what you want.
DrafterX
9 years ago
😱
I bet you've got a huge chunk of corals on your coffee-table at home don't ya.. 😠
dstieger
9 years ago
sitting on top of a beautiful ivory pedestal
JadeRose
9 years ago
Just get you a drum of that rubber stuff you dunk tools in to put a rubbererized handle on them and dunk yourself in that. Easy peasy
Users browsing this topic