Recent PostsForum Rules
Next Topic Sign In to ReplyPrev Topic
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Life is short, make it sweet 500
101. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 11:07AM EST
Morning gentlemen. Much nicer temps for the next few days here. Was about 10 degrees over normal in the middle of the week and now going to be 10 below normal this weekend.

It's about time to pull the tomato plants out of the garden. There are still bunches half ripe but even though I have shade cloth over them, a few days of 110+ has just about cooked them for this year. Maybe I'll put in some melons. They seem to grow really fast in the heat.

Silly lady that moved in a few doors down the street must be from back east somewhere. She put shade cloth over her cactus. d'oh!
102. Author: delta1Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 11:09AM EST
so...corey got his trimmer and cut the ditch, then ate some Mexican...he aint even trying to talk in code...
103. Author: corey sellersDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 11:16AM EST
No since in trying to hide it
104. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 11:56AM EST
Hour and a half walk... apple, yogurt and walnuts.
105. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:41PM EST
Tried to go for a bike ride this morning but the boy said his "pedals keep sticking" so I flipped the bike over and pedaled it a while and sure enough, the bearings were binding. Took the thing apart again, the bearing keepers got completely wrecked. I have an old Schwinn Krate in the shed, so I stole the bearings from that and tried to put his bike back together. Nope. The races are too gouged and pitted.

Went online to order a new setup with races and crank and stuff but am looking at at least $40 if it even all fits.

Found a replacement bike on Craigslist for $50, picking it up this afternoon.
106. Author: tonygrazDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:47PM EST
MACS had the ladies lunch special.
107. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:52PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Found a replacement bike on Craigslist for $50, picking it up this afternoon.

You will probably get a better bike then the kid has.
108. Author: MACSDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 12:55PM EST
tonygraz wrote:
MACS had the ladies lunch special.

That was breakfast. Prolly have leftover pork chops for lunch.
109. Author: DrafterXDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 1:10PM EST
Cool Dudes...
110. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 1:13PM EST
Wat up?

Heading out soon to get new tires for my car. Thank you Stimulus check! ThumpUp
111. Author: DrafterXDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 1:20PM EST
be sure the tires are built with rim protection... ThumpUp
112. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 3:44PM EST
Now that the wife has new kitchen cabinets she says maybe we need to swap out all our appliances for SS. I don't like where this is leading.
113. Author: Ram27Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 4:00PM EST
Bye bye $$$$$$$$$$$ 😥
114. Author: PalamaDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 4:30PM EST
DrafterX wrote:
be sure the tires are built with rim protection... ThumpUp

I didn’t check! d'oh!
115. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 4:34PM EST
deadeyedick wrote:
Now that the wife has new kitchen cabinets she says maybe we need to swap out all our appliances for SS. I don't like where this is leading.

Tag, your it.
116. Author: rfenstDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 4:36PM EST
Home made blueberry pie with lattice crust coming out of the oven in a few minutes!
117. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 4:53PM EST
Boy rode the go kart around the yard and I chased him on my pitbike for about an hour. My hand joints hurt so bad I had to stop.

He wanted to keep going, so I rode shotgun while he tore up the yard for another 30 minutes. I couldn't take the pounding any longer. I think we need to upgrade to a full suspension kart or a side by side ATV.
118. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 7:52PM EST
Chicken for dinner, nap on the couch.

Just got back from picking up the bike for the boy. Its in decent shape, typical young kid dings n stuff but bearings roll smoothly, brakes work well, and has fairly new tires. His old bike he got from his grandparents who picked it up from a garage sale and it clearly had spent some time sitting outside. This one has not.

Tomorrow gonna swap over some pieces to the new bike. He wants his old pedals on there, the plastic ones on new bike are ground up. Also has a bell and need to put chainguard on there.

Pretty happy for $50 considering the used bike market right now.
119. Author: DrMaddVibeDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 8:03PM EST
Watching Jack Ryan season 2...spellbound.
120. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 8:04PM EST
Wife smashed some limes n made margaritas.

I'll be passed out on the couch in an hour.
121. Author: SpeysideDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 8:37PM EST
Great show DOC. Typically I think a show never does justice to the original books. This one is an exception.
122. Author: frankj1Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 9:02PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Wife smashed some limes n made margaritas.

I'll be passed out on the couch in an hour.

you're gonna miss baby making time
123. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 10:11PM EST
frankj1 wrote:
you're gonna miss baby making time

We're too old to be making babies.

124. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 10:18PM EST
Just signed up for AAA premier + RV. Includes 200 miles towing vehicle and RV. Insurance company only covered towing to nearest service center. At least now I can get the POS towed home when it fails on me and deal with it there. Hopefully it doesn't crap out tomorrow on the way down, cause benefits aren't active till 3 days after payment.

Buddy got hit with a $3500 tow bill when his axle chit the bed and had it towed 50 miles home on a flatbed semi trailer. I'm sure that situation is coming my way, so the $150ish a year for some peace of mind isn't so bad. Plus got jump start and other stuff coverage for my car and truck without involving insurance company. When I had my blowout towing a couple years back, insurance company's roadside assistance was absolutely useless. They could have someone out in about 12 hours when I called. I was on the side of I-80 about an hour southwest of Chicago, not out in the middle of nowhere. Plus they would charge deductible for the tow and trailer would be towed to service center with the truck.
125. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 10:21PM EST
Didn't pass out on the couch (yet) helps that I haven't been to the couch I spose.

Worked on the kids "new" bike a bit. Got the brakes adjusted and working properly and lubed up all the bearings. I'm waiting for tomorrow so he can "help" me swap pedals and install chain guard.

126. Author: izonfireDate: Sat, 6/6/2020, 11:22PM EST
Waitin’ for Danm to pass out on the couch.
Then, the party really starts!
127. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sat, 6/6/2020, 11:36PM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Just signed up for AAA premier + RV. Includes 200 miles towing vehicle and RV. Insurance company only covered towing to nearest service center. At least now I can get the POS towed home when it fails on me and deal with it there. Hopefully it doesn't crap out tomorrow on the way down, cause benefits aren't active till 3 days after payment.

Buddy got hit with a $3500 tow bill when his axle chit the bed and had it towed 50 miles home on a flatbed semi trailer. I'm sure that situation is coming my way, so the $150ish a year for some peace of mind isn't so bad. Plus got jump start and other stuff coverage for my car and truck without involving insurance company. When I had my blowout towing a couple years back, insurance company's roadside assistance was absolutely useless. They could have someone out in about 12 hours when I called. I was on the side of I-80 about an hour southwest of Chicago, not out in the middle of nowhere. Plus they would charge deductible for the tow and trailer would be towed to service center with the truck.

I've always held AAA gold coverage. Well worth the $15/month or whatever it is. If you have to get towed even once, you make your money back. Plus it covers the person, not the vehicle so even if you're on the scene and it's a friend or family members car that needs service it's still covered.

It think you can add additional household members on the same plan for an extra $65/person/year or something like that. To me it's a no brainer.
128. Author: izonfireDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 12:11AM EST
izonfire wrote:
Waitin’ for Danm to pass out on the couch.
Then, the party really starts!

I didn’t mean that Danm.
I’m sorry...
129. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 6:41AM EST
Sunday Sunday Sunday
130. Author: corey sellersDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:40AM EST
Morning gents
131. Author: SpeysideDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:55AM EST
Morning everyone.
132. Author: rfenstDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 9:15AM EST
Good morning everyone.
Finished taking a hot tub. Got 5 minutes of pool work done.
Nothing on the schedule today except finishing off my blueberry pie!
Today will be heavily clouded with storms coming within the next few hours through rest of the day.
Had a nice time v-herfing for a couple hours last night.
133. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 9:27AM EST
Went to the grocery store for last minute camping supplies.

Bagger lady asked if I wanted the milk in a bag.

I said no thanks, just leave it in the jug.

Got NO reaction from her or the cashier...
134. Author: teedubbyaDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:25AM EST
Did they have nice jugs?
135. Author: delta1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:27AM EST
not a lotta laughter in these times

except at the VHerfs
136. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:30AM EST
Cold and windy here!
137. Author: Ram27Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:31AM EST
AAA membership since I started driving at age 16. fog

Enjoy the day.
138. Author: teedubbyaDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:50AM EST
The last few vherfs had me laughing quite a bit. I didn’t feel well last night (still don’t) but had fun.
139. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 10:57AM EST
danmdevries wrote:
Didn't pass out on the couch (yet) helps that I haven't been to the couch I spose.

Worked on the kids "new" bike a bit. Got the brakes adjusted and working properly and lubed up all the bearings. I'm waiting for tomorrow so he can "help" me swap pedals and install chain guard.

Never had a chain guard on any of my bikes. Yeah, I'm a rebel. But I did have sprocket holes on the right leg of all my Levis along with black oil marks until I learned to put a big rubber band on that leg. Since I was a paperboy starting at 9 years old and carried up to 100 papers in a largely rural area my DM used to say my bike had more miles on it than Sputnik.
140. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 11:47AM EST
Same DED. Had an odometer on my bike for the first several years I had it (bought in 97) and I was at 9k miles when it broke off and got lost on a trail.

But this boy's what you'd call indoorsy. He hates getting dirty, a scratch is life changing, and would rather sit inside with a book than explore the woods - cause there's too many bugs out there...

I'm trying. And if a chain guard he wants so his leg doesn't get dirty, he gets a chain guard. Whatever it takes to get him playing outside.

We went for a 6 mile bike ride on a new paved path that just opened a few weeks ago. He does ok on the ride out wherever we're going, but is a crank on the way back every time. But, "new" bike worked well.

Packing the camper now.
141. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 2:00PM EST
Camper's packed, I hope. Always forget something on our first trip out.

Truck's packed, bed full of firewood, and hitched up to the camper.

Roll out in about a half hour. Checkin/checkout time is 5pm on Sundays otherwise we'd be there already.
142. Author: teedubbyaDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 2:15PM EST
What about the jugs? Pretty nice?
143. Author: opelmanta1900Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 4:18PM EST
Got a little burned out on my gg4 so I've ordered out... Some blue dream and some Crushers... Plus some zkittlez diamonds and some candy Apple live resin...
144. Author: ChenoDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 5:20PM EST
Bought the 6yo his own airsoft shotgun, grabbed an airsoft pistol too. Maybe when he is 7 I will let him move to the 22lr.
145. Author: danmdevriesDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 5:34PM EST
Made it to our campsite.

Had to drive with AC off, overheating on the way down. Coolant got up to 245 so I backed off to 60mph from 65 and turned off AC. Stayed at 230 the rest of the way.

I'm thinking this is my last trip with this truck. ram27bat
146. Author: SpeysideDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 6:03PM EST
Nice day, worked out, then went sailing. Music now, a nice late dinner and some bubbles.
147. Author: NumismaniacDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 6:38PM EST
Y'all making me tired just reading everything going on in here. The heat is here to stay, unfortunately!

90 here, with a "feels like" 95 and that's with only 50% humidity and already a little after 6;30, it was even worse around 2pm! It's more like 110 on the back step and along the back of the house now. If it weren't for a decent heat pump unit, actually two, one for upstairs and a slightly larger one for the downstairs, Queen size brick exterior and a thicker than average wall with great insulation and cheap TVA electricity, I don't think it would be tolerable or affordable to even live in this place!!! West TN summers are BRUTAL!

Don't be bad.
148. Author: delta1Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 6:53PM EST
Cheno wrote:
Bought the 6yo his own airsoft shotgun, grabbed an airsoft pistol too. Maybe when he is 7 I will let him move to the 22lr.

make sure you tell him those airsoft guns are not front yard toys...
149. Author: deadeyedickDate: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:02PM EST
Anybody want a nice set of kitchen appliances? All are white in perfect shape and less than 7 years old. *Sigh*
150. Author: BuckyB93Date: Sun, 6/7/2020, 7:21PM EST
Ha! So she talked you into it. One thing to never forget with SS stuff... Never, ever use bleach or bleach containing products on it. Chlorine will make your stainless steel not so stainless anymore.
FirstPrev12345NextLast
Sign In to Reply
Next TopicJump to TopPrev Topic